PDA

View Full Version : BioShock crazy!

Senshi KZ
08-31-2006, 06:37 PM
All I can say is...WOW. This game is looking beautiful. Everything from the creepy environments to the very cool character models. This game is looking great so far. You can upgrade your equipment and make your character more powerful for more strategic gameplay! Each creature and enemy has their own unique AI which is going to give the game a very realistic feel. I cant wait for this game in 2007!

Fatty Mcelbows
09-14-2006, 09:40 PM
i also am looking forward to this game

KillerJuan77
11-09-2006, 02:37 AM
It looks great!
But it must be very scary

Caboose13311
03-26-2007, 08:43 PM
yeah it looks very scary

Senshi KZ
03-31-2007, 02:56 AM
Hopefully its very scary because I will be disappointed if its not!

Feel My Rage
05-03-2007, 08:46 PM
I hope its scary....I can never do scary games for some reason...but i want this game soo bad its not even funny....ok...maybe it is^^

angry
06-07-2007, 11:24 PM
Update, i read this thread on another forum and had to show you what the guy said:

quote:
Bioshock and why it will be the best shooter ever, I've been noticing that this game for the most part have been overlooked, when in my own eyes, when it reaches their potential (and judging by Ken Levine's and Irrational games history, it will reach it's potential). The problem is that it's really hard to describe how it's much different than your standard Halo. P.A. posted an article that actually explains it's ambitious ideas fairly well, and I thought I'd post it here as well for those who only gave the game a brief glance.

Personally, I am incredibly stoked for this game for two reasons.

First of all, Ken Levine is a great story teller… but not in the usual sense. The predecessor to Bioshock – System Shock 2 – retailed at pretty much the same time as the more widely recognized half life, but it achieved the same thing. Instead of telling a story through cut scenes, and dialogue trees (which, if you think about it, are really clumsy story telling devices for such an interactive medium), it chose to tell its story with scripted events, and environments. I was completely enamored by how, I was gleaning the story myself, as the player, by watching events unfold myself, in the game, or at least witnessing the result of previous events. SS2 was technically rough around the edges, but I personally think it did an even better job than HL in regards to letting the environment and in game events tell the tale, to the point that every enemy was another element to a frightening series of events. I look forward to seeing this again.

Second, one of the main elements of Bioshock, is that it’s not supposed to be a linear series of hallways. The general plan from what I gather is to give you a full environment to explore , in which there’s no point A to point B. and I say BOUT FREAKING TIME!!!

… yeah, I did a horrible job of describing what bioshock is supposed to be :p.

Oh well.

Ok here is some updated info about the game dated Tuesday 5th June 2007. :)

Link: http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/32465

Intresting i think the game will be great don't you?

MadDog2010
06-14-2007, 01:50 AM
This game looks pretty intense. So far, it looks like it's gonna be a no-brainer to go out and buy it.

SegaSaturnSNK
06-14-2007, 02:33 PM
This may be the best graphics I've seen on a gaming console. It just looks simply amazing.

Despised Icon
06-15-2007, 01:48 AM
Bioshock is going to be the best FPS in the history of all FPS(Halo 3 will suck the big one). Just looking at the graphics; gameplay; and story, it's a no-brainer that Bioshock has the potential to be godly. REMEMBER THAT!!!

SegaSaturnSNK
06-15-2007, 04:23 AM
I wouldn't go that far because knowing to me the best FPS ever is Wolfenstein 3D but hey, I prefer old school over new school any day. But I do believe Bioshock will be better than Halo 3 but Halo 3 will most likely have better multiplayer than Bioshock.

TacticalChaos15
06-29-2007, 08:30 PM
It looks kind of lame to me............... also disturbing, quite disturbing. the combat doesnt look to great from the videos I have seen. I was looking forward to this game but the more footage I see, the less it apeals to me.....

run4cover
06-30-2007, 01:27 AM
It looks kind of lame to me............... also disturbing, quite disturbing. the combat doesnt look to great from the videos I have seen. I was looking forward to this game but the more footage I see, the less it apeals to me.....

OMG are you on drugs!!!!!! you should go to the doctor and have your head checked out. This game is no doubt going to be better than Halo 3! no wait this game is going to be the game of the year!!

run4cover
06-30-2007, 01:28 AM
Bioshock is going to be the best FPS in the history of all FPS(Halo 3 will suck the big one). Just looking at the graphics; gameplay; and story, it's a no-brainer that Bioshock has the potential to be godly. REMEMBER THAT!!!

AMEN.....AMEN

Blackjaw x
07-04-2007, 09:51 PM
It looks kind of lame to me. the combat doesnt look to great from the videos I have seen. I was looking forward to this game but the more footage I see, the less it apeals to me.....

Yeah I can't seem to figure out why so many people are looking forward to it. I've seen probably 30 minutes total of gameplay footage and trailers, and it looks.. boring.

I mean tons of games start out with a wrench or crowbar... (Half Life, Prey, etc.) but that is the only weapon anyone really uses in the videos.
You would think using a wrench to win a fight against a gunman, albeit VERY realistic, would get old over time.

When they did pull out the shotgun a couple of times in the videos, not only does it look bad visually, but it plays out bad as well.
The pistol is usually my favourite weapon for the common enemies in video games, but it looks awful in this game.
The way it's held (looks small and fragile or something.. held up as if he were using two fingers), the way it looks.. for a futuristic game, it really makes no sense.
I don't even want to speak about the machine gun.. let's just say it reminded me of the one in King Kong.
There is also no crosshair, so how do you know if it's really you that is hitting the enemies, or an overly helpful auto aim?
No wonder they stick to wrenches in the videos.

MrRedrum
07-04-2007, 11:03 PM
it's not exactly suppose to be some futuristic game... its based off of architecture and lifestyle of the 1920's - 1940's and so the weapons are to be similar to that. Thats why the machine gun, if I remember correctly, looks like a tommy gun and everything else. I do, however, agree with you on some aspects such as the pistol... I'm still very unsure about it. Your character seems to turn his wrist way too much with it and other little annoyances like that just make it seem flimsy. Also I don't like not being able to have some sort of cross hair. I understand the attempt for gamer immersion but you aren't exactly really holding the gun where you can actually point in real life without needing any sort of cross hairs but we'll see how the final system turns out. Gears of War doesn't have cross hairs until you zoom in/focus so maybe it is similar to that? BUT! I am still very anxious for this game to come out and I can't wait for it. It will be far superior to any other FPS's that come out this year. Halo 3 beta sucked and Halo 3 will suck just like Halo 2 did.:woop:

Blackjaw x
07-06-2007, 05:04 PM
Yeah I can't seem to figure out why so many people are looking forward to it. I've seen probably 30 minutes total of gameplay footage and trailers, and it looks.. boring.

Wow. I actually just re-watched one video and then saw the commentary for the first time and I actually understand why people want it now. I don't care if the weapons are kinda lame, this game looks unique and it seems like a must play or must buy for anyone... I get it now, hooray!

alex4283
07-06-2007, 07:12 PM
This is a thinking man's game. All dead celled humans need not apply.

Dr Biomehanika
07-06-2007, 07:18 PM
Does anyone recommend BioSHock? Im thinking of buying it.

alex4283
07-06-2007, 07:21 PM
I don't believe in spending $59 on a game, but I will on this one.

codedigital
07-06-2007, 07:38 PM
Does anyone recommend BioSHock? Im thinking of buying it.

Won't you ask once the game comes out. It's not until 08.21.07.

Feel My Rage
07-07-2007, 04:38 PM
True,its not out until August...but either way,i recomend it because it simply looks amazing!And it is indeed a thinking mans game.You cant go gung-ho in this one unless you turn it down on easy...

xVanished
07-07-2007, 04:54 PM
It looks pretty sweet. Whats with the beating of the little girl at the beginning of the trailor?? Aha. I'm not a fan of that.

DeadOnArrival06
07-07-2007, 05:25 PM
Simply Amazing.

I was a skeptic about this game in the begining, but the way things are coming along this will be my next purchase for the 360. Game looks incredible!

TacticalChaos15
07-07-2007, 11:40 PM
Halo 3 will not, under any circumastances suck. Hour of Victory sucked , halo will be an above average FPS. The only problem is, with the release of Gears of war and similar games, the standard has risen a lot on terms of graphics and intuitive gameplay. Halo 3 is basiclly a expansion pack for Halo 2 with new maps, guns , and slightly better graphics. It will still be awesome, just not as awesome as other games.

Bioshock is turning out nicely. I just watched two new gameplay video's and the amount of freedom in a relatively linear looking level was amazing, plus being able to electricute people who is steping in a puddle is freaking amazing. The graphics are pretty good but on of the video's I saw had major framerate issues. I wish games would scale back on the jaw dropping graphics and have it run smoothly ( that is the problem with blacksite 51) so hopefully they fix that before release. I am seriously considering pre-ordering this game, it looks promising. (everyone disregard my previous post I have changed my oppinions on this game).

Feel My Rage
07-08-2007, 04:49 AM
Tactical...what do you mean 'low framerate'?Sorry for not understanding that term....but even blacksite 51 worked pretty well for me...