PDA

View Full Version : Possible multiplayer modes

Tactful
08-19-2008, 09:01 PM
Anyone got any ideas for possible multiplayer modes? Someone said about "Stormtrooper Bowling"...

I was thinking there should be a "Team Battle" mode where everyone plays as a stormtrooper and your character slowly 'upgrades' based on how many flags you capture/points you get. Eventually you'd turn into a jedi for a short period of time, chasing down the enemies and flinging them into falls.

Another idea I had was a sort of Infection game type, where half the players are jedi and the other half droids or stormtroopers or other generic enemies. When a jedi dies he respawns as a stormtrooper. Last man standing wins.

Or how about a Free-for-all deathmatch mode where only force kills count. Only throwing stuff at enemies gains points.

What are your ideas?

Spade103
08-20-2008, 04:06 AM
At the team battle thing.. You basically described Battlefront 2.
Infection would be cool.

Unfortunately, the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions do not have Multiplayer. Atleast, not yet.

CIKShock
08-21-2008, 07:12 AM
At the team battle thing.. You basically described Battlefront 2.
Infection would be cool.

Unfortunately, the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions do not have Multiplayer. Atleast, not yet.

Me = :uzi:LA for that...

Still, IF mp would be announced I would be game for HQ based games/Infection = good idea. Anyway, time will tell if we get MP...I hope MS can put some pressure for a MP patch (like the rumors stated) or develop one themselves.

Gorjira
08-21-2008, 10:01 PM
This game does not need MP...Why ruin a game with something that will almost certainly bring the rating and down.

Taker447
08-22-2008, 06:18 PM
This game does not need MP...Why ruin a game with something that will almost certainly bring the rating and down.

exactly. Not every game needs MP. Remember back in the days when there was no MP in any games yet we still played them to death. A game like this certinaly does not need any MP.

Gun-Nut
08-23-2008, 01:05 AM
I personally feel this game could use MP and is one reason I'm not getting the game till the price drops.

I'm not saying every game needs Multiplayer but the last 2 Star Wars games I played honestly would not have grabbed me without the Multiplayer :)

There is just something about taking down a friend with a lightsaber and the force that makes it amazingly fun :)

RINGO
08-23-2008, 07:42 AM
maybe not multiplayer...but a co-op mode could be fun....

Running around juggling stormtroopers back and forth would be a blast...lol

BigFellaJake
08-23-2008, 12:30 PM
gta 4 had multiplayer and it didnt work out that well at all really. but if this game does or does not have it,it wont affect me buying it but im hoping it doesnt have multiplayer so theres more of a reason to have a better story

LK-1987
08-24-2008, 02:27 AM
Like Spade said....you perfectly described Battlefront 2. I wouldn't mind them not bothering with a mp in this and then later making another Battlefront.

twotonkoala
08-24-2008, 09:22 AM
I wouldn't want to see a MP versus mode, but really wish it had a co-op mode. In my opinion, every game released should have some sort of co-op online incorporated into the game. I know it's not entirely realistic, but it's still something I wish would happen.

I think a couple of the ideas really aren't bad though. I probably wouldn't play them much and as such would rather they spend more time working on the single player or a co-op mode rather than tack on MP. But that's just me.

Lack of online co-op games to play kind of sucks, especially when games have co-op achievements with no online built in.

I'm looking at you Kane and Lynch.

And you're ugly.

KFZ Scrubs
08-24-2008, 12:32 PM
I like the storm trooper bowling idea. Use the force to pick up anything and throw it at 10 strom troopers

Jamie Solo
08-27-2008, 12:03 AM
i would like a co-op attack mode. A few of you against increasingly difficult enemy AI, like has been done in many games and what will be done in GoW2.

Pashos
08-27-2008, 12:08 AM
I think there should be co-op like some people have said. And the Infection type game would be cool. I'm still getting this even if they don't add multiplayer though.

hockeyfan607
09-01-2008, 08:27 AM
I want some kind of lightsaber dueling mode

exo-apollo
09-01-2008, 08:48 AM
I want some kind of lightsaber dueling mode

Yeah an awesome one on one battle with lightsabers and force powers would be excellent.

KingGotenW
09-04-2008, 03:46 AM
I heard someone mention something about co-op campaign.... but i don't believe it.

Guess we'll have to wait 2 weeks to find out.