PDA

View Full Version : 48 Hour Live Codes Stackable?

[Waggly Bean]
08-19-2008, 10:38 PM
I've searched the forums and couldn't seem to find an exact answer, so I figure I'll ask!

I know Gold subscription is stackable (ie if you redeem a 12 month code and a 1 month code you get 13 months), but are the 48 hour codes that you get free inside games?

I ask because I am currently using my pile of 48 hour codes before I redeem my 12 month code, but I know that my current one will run out tomorrow evening some time. I am due to play some GoW tomorrow with a friend and don't want to be cut off mid-game due to my subscription running out.

If nobody knows for sure, guess I'll just redeem another code just before I start playing GoW, but thought I'd check to try to maximise my free Live time!! :)

Plus, if they were stackable, it would be nice to enter all the codes all at once to get a couple of weeks of Live without entering another code! :p
This is what makes me think they're probably not stackable though! :(

JC
08-19-2008, 11:41 PM
Can't you only use 2 day codes a certain number of times? As they are only supposed to introduce people to Live...

Crimson Ridley
08-19-2008, 11:58 PM
I used 2 at once before, I'm sure, and got 4 days of Xbox Live. So' I'm pretty sure it works like any other membership. I know I can remember redeeming my 3 month code and adding a 1 month from GTA 4 onto it, to get 4 months.

[Waggly Bean]
08-20-2008, 05:17 PM
Can't you only use 2 day codes a certain number of times? As they are only supposed to introduce people to Live...
I didn't think so.... at least not that I've heard of. Thought you could use as many as you wanted, but people usually give them away presumably because they already have 12 months and so 48 hours is nothing in comparison.

I used 2 at once before, I'm sure, and got 4 days of Xbox Live. So' I'm pretty sure it works like any other membership. I know I can remember redeeming my 3 month code and adding a 1 month from GTA 4 onto it, to get 4 months.
Hmmm sounds promising, I'll probably redeem one before I play tonight and see what happens then! :)

dragonboyandy
08-20-2008, 09:13 PM
Can't say I'm sure, but I know that you can get a code generator somhow and create as many as you like.
They are restricted access though. I think they're called gameplay trials, and you won't get full Xbox Live Gold access (some games won't let you do everything online, and you won;t be able to download content untill it's available for silver members). With a 12 month subscription available for as little as 20-25 with an extra month for free, it's well worth paying for, if you play online at all. I made the upgrade a while ago for CoD4, Halo and Vegas 2 online co-op, and haven't regretted it one bit.

[Waggly Bean]
08-20-2008, 10:35 PM
Yeah, well I've got the 12 month card waiting, I just wanted to use up all my 48 hour codes first before redeeming it - better than having them sit there doing nothing! :)

DanteElDiablo
08-21-2008, 04:29 AM

For some reason I didnt get a month

Also My cousin has added 2 months before with a handfull of 48 hr codes.

[Waggly Bean]
08-21-2008, 08:34 PM
Also My cousin has added 2 months before with a handfull of 48 hr codes.

Hmmm. Looks like they probably are stackable then. I waited for one to run out in the end before redeeming another as we didn't play GoW til later than I'd expected after all.

Anyway, I have found another way they are restricted - it wouldn't let me do a video chat earlier with the Live Vision. Bit annoying, but no biggie. So I assume it also won't let you send pics via message too, as I know you can't do this on a silver membership (which is pretty pathetic really).

Anyway, thanks for the info all! :)

gamerguy69
08-21-2008, 09:09 PM
;1090780']Yeah, well I've got the 12 month card waiting, I just wanted to use up all my 48 hour codes first before redeeming it - better than having them sit there doing nothing! :)

I am in the same situation. I have a stack of 48-hour codes and also a 12+1 card that I have yet to activate.

The only game limitations I'm certain of are on Halo 3. You aren't allowed to play ranked matches. Social and Custom games are still playable. Possibly other limitations with other games that I don't play -- so it doesn't affect me as much.

I have an Xbox Vision cam as well and I'm unable to send pic messages or do video chat while the account is SILVER and a 48-hour code is active. I still have voice chat though.

Use your 48-hour codes. I don't believe they are stackable though but that's a minor inconvenience. Takes me about 1 min. or less to enter those 25 digits. :)

dakisbac
08-21-2008, 10:17 PM
I'm wondering about this too.

I do know for a fact though that there is no limit on number of 48 hour cards you can use. My friend bought like a hundred 48 hours and he uses them whenever he feels like playing. It's smarter I think. Why pay for a month when you only play maybe 2 weeks out of that month. He only payed $1.50 btw

Albino Goose
08-22-2008, 12:12 PM
AS far as i know they are stackable because peeps used to constantly use those generator thingys :/

my friend got 6 months worth of codes from those free sites before Microsoft ended up shutting them down...

gamerguy69
08-22-2008, 05:31 PM
AS far as i know they are stackable because peeps used to constantly use those generator thingys :/

my friend got 6 months worth of codes from those free sites before Microsoft ended up shutting them down...

Whether or not they use those "generator thingys" is irrelevant. To be stackable, one would need to enter the codes one after another in succession. Although you may be able to do this, I'm not sure if you would receive the time stacked in one whole lump.

For example, when you enter a single code you are directed to sign out and back into your profile for the time to take affect. You can then go back to the REDEEM CODE section and enter another. I've done this a few times only to determine if a code was VALID. I have always just canceled and saved the code for later. Not sure if I would have redeemed it, if it would give me 2 48 hour periods.

I've not tried to stack them. I just enter the codes as needed.

Jiseki Kurouto
08-24-2008, 02:04 AM
I do believe they are stackable, although you can always give it a shot and just try it.

SpeedyWat
08-24-2008, 02:27 AM
I'm pretty sure they are stackable. I tried putting my Halo 3 one in today but it expired last month my luck. I tried to make a fake account because I got banned for pistol whipping in Gears (1 week). If anyone would like to give me 48 hours I'd be very appreciative. ;)

xENVxGAMERSKREW
08-24-2008, 03:01 AM
Nah, idont think they are when my live expired i was running 48hour live codes for 2 weeks but i couldnt stack em up. So maybe for different regions it is.