PDA

View Full Version : 1 freakin smash left!

thenightmare
08-20-2008, 01:07 AM
Ive got 1 smash left somewhere in Downtown Paradise, and I think ive checked everywhere (obviously not since i still dont have it). I looked at the picture of all the dots and tried to check them off one by one but does anyone have like a written out street guide of sorts or did i just not look hard enough on the board?

Turbo Choppa
08-21-2008, 11:51 AM
My last one was in Downtown Paradise too. Check the 1st street bridge. Jump up there, and there is a spot where you can veer off to the right onto the second level of a building under construction. There is a smash gate at the end od that.

Good luck.

thenightmare
08-22-2008, 02:53 AM
yeah no luck there either, the damn PS3 people can upload their save file for a customized map but nooooo not us 360 :mad:wners. Id start a new file over but then id probaly just be missing the same one again. Ive gone through 2 different maps with the smash locations but still cant find the damn thing. Im not sure what to do

ostriker
08-22-2008, 05:09 AM
sadly for you only this may help you

http://www.senocular.com/burnout/

thenightmare
08-22-2008, 10:07 PM
bad thing is that was one of the maps I used lol I think i may have a idea of where the last smash could be but im not sure. Lets kep our fingers crossed when i try to find it later tonight:(

ostriker
08-22-2008, 10:35 PM
else add me ill give you a hand if you need

thenightmare
08-23-2008, 03:13 AM
yeah no luck where I looked tonight. I think im just going to give up on this one because it seem to elude me totally. If anybody knows a better way to do this then ride around in circles please let me know otherwise I guess ill have to give up for now. Or at least until criteron decides to let us upload game saves for the custom maps.:uzi:

Ostriker Ill add you tomorrow, if u see em on and want to help please give me a buzz I can use the extra set of eyes driving around downtown paradise.

Gombay
08-23-2008, 02:59 PM
The last smash I got in Downtown Paradise was one of the ones highlighted in this (http://img117.imageshack.us/my.php?image=11130859gn9.png) picture if that helps at all.

vI-Youneek-Iv
08-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Oh man I remember trying to get my last smash it was pretty easy since I got the hard ones first in all the tricky spots. Are you missing it in Downtown?

thenightmare
08-23-2008, 05:17 PM
yeah its one in downtown somewhere no clue where tho since ive been through the charts a few times ,i guess i need to go through them a few times more lol

thenightmare
08-24-2008, 04:05 AM
HAHA I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!

YouTube - BurnOut Paradise - Last Smash Downtown Paradise

this guy is a savior this was the same one I needed and never even thought to go there. Anybody who is missing a smash in Downtown Paradise needs to watch this video to see the exact spot where to go. I always figured it was on or near a parking garage but didnt think to jump from one lol. Thanks to all that gave suggestions or offered to help. :woop::woop:

Beau Coup Dinky Dau
08-24-2008, 04:48 AM
I've still got three to go, and it's damn frustrating!

thenightmare
08-25-2008, 03:32 AM
take a look at some of the links in the posts above, they have very good maps. The only thing I can say is take ur time and check them off one by one. Most of them are obvious except for the last one I needed which was in the video above. If you need any help ingame add me and ill help when I can:drunk

ostriker
08-25-2008, 04:03 PM
i remember getting my last gate during a race, i was winning but said screw it i get the gate

Beau Coup Dinky Dau
08-27-2008, 03:50 AM
take a look at some of the links in the posts above, they have very good maps. The only thing I can say is take ur time and check them off one by one. Most of them are obvious except for the last one I needed which was in the video above. If you need any help ingame add me and ill help when I can:drunk

That vid nabbed me two of the three I am missing, so only one more to go!

I'll keep lookin! Thanks for your help.

MRcool2008
08-27-2008, 12:03 PM
The only Smash location i actually had a lot of trouble finding in Downtown Paradise is those at the Wildcats Stadium.

Beau Coup Dinky Dau
08-27-2008, 01:54 PM
Nah. Mine's somewhere in Silver Lake.

Edit - GOT IT! I was in between two tunnels going through a mountain. I saw it and slowed to a crawl and just nudged it over! LOL

Beau Coup Dinky Dau
08-28-2008, 05:29 AM
Ostriker,
Thanks for the map link. I'll have to hit you up with some good rep. I just nailed my remaining superjumps as well! Billboards are next. Now if I could just get halfway decent with those dang stunt runs. Sheesh.

ostriker
08-28-2008, 07:08 AM
Ostriker,
Thanks for the map link. I'll have to hit you up with some good rep. I just nailed my remaining superjumps as well! Billboards are next. Now if I could just get halfway decent with those dang stunt runs. Sheesh.

same not a fan of those they will be my pain for my elite criterion once i get there

MRcool2008
08-28-2008, 08:18 AM
Ostriker,

That i can help you with, the simple thing is to go really slowly, forget about the timer, and drive backwards, i know It's hard to control the car while driving backwards but that's why i said drive slowly, when you start the event go for all the boards that you know of in the area, that should give you a few multipliers, don't forget to drive backwards between the jumps and use the E-brake to turn around and quickly boost to it when nearby, probably not the best idea to do the jumps in reverse, after that, go south-east, to the building north of the wildcats baseball stadium, that'll give you a few multipliers, don't forget that when you land the jump from the building to keep hugging the left wall to jump onto the next one with the stairs and fall off just behind the car repair center continue going west, taking the shortcuts that wi'll be on your left to get the other bilboard and the two jumps, if you're not afraid of the slight chance of a crash, do the Shipyard super jump while you're at it, continue to the bridge (remember to drive backwards between the spots or you'll run out of time/boost or just crash) on the bridge do the first jump, be careful, since the road is set up that way you're going to be slightly to the right when you jump, if you're afraid of crashing, do the flatspin towards the right, that should keep your car from geting totaled by anything since it'll drift a bit to the left after landing to the line, on the next jump you'll get two bilboards (don't forget to flatspin when falling from the second one) than do the third jump, it's also a super jump, you are now at the end of the bridge, either way you have all, or are close to having all the points you need, you have two options:
A: Turn right and go for the two big-air super jumps on the top of the mounting than double back to shipyard (see option B)
B: turn around and go back to the shipyard, right after the bridge ends turn right onto the little elevated area and jump over through the board for another multiplier onto some crates, keep going straight and you'll get another super-jump multiplier, don't forget to flatspin if you're brave for the extra multiplier :P keep going straight in this pretty much one way road to the end for another board multiplier.

I recomend using Hawker with stunt runs, but it's purely optional you can do this run with any car.

Whatever the run just drive backwards to the starting point and go through this run, you're guaranteed to get more points than you will need for the run, at the end of it all you should just crash to end the combo :P or if you feel like it continue, my top score was 10,986,000. i know its not a big deal but when you get that past the requirement there's not much point to continuing :P

Beau Coup Dinky Dau
08-28-2008, 02:26 PM
Good advice. I didn’t know about the driving backwards thing. I would just roll at oncoming with the Hawker at med to slow speed so I could keep building and tapping my boost to keep the combo going. As soon as I would see a billboard or super jump I knew I could get to, I’d floor it and then go back to the oncoming/slow rolling/boost tapping thing. My best score so far has been 600K, but that is by far the exception rather than the rule. I normally end up wrecking with less than 100K and have to try the event over again—and again…and…again.

That building and those jumps you’re talking about near to the Wildcat’s Stadium are good. I often try to hit them and the ramps around the shipyard.

I’ve got 8 points left to hit my elite, and still need the million for the other achievement as well. I’ll try you driving backwards thing and let you know how it went. Thank you!

Beau Coup Dinky Dau
08-29-2008, 01:07 AM
Awesome. Your backwards driving trick was just the thing I needed!

1.41 million scored my first time using it! THANKS! :woop:

Inhale3xhale
09-04-2008, 10:26 PM
Nah. Mine's somewhere in Silver Lake.

Edit - GOT IT! I was in between two tunnels going through a mountain. I saw it and slowed to a crawl and just nudged it over! LOL

ah! i have one left there too, any way you could get a map and point it out for me? it sucks driving all over silver lake.

Beau Coup Dinky Dau
09-05-2008, 02:29 AM
Upper portion of Silver Lake if I remember correctly. The Tunnels were duel highway tubes with a hidden space that runs between them that you can ony access at one point. Go both ways through all duel tunnels in the area and pay attention to the center wall for an opening. when I saw it I was like, "How the hell did I keep missing this?!!" LOL

http://img395.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lastsmashrf6.jpg

http://img395.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lastsmashrf6.jpg

Inhale3xhale
09-05-2008, 02:36 AM
lol well i found it, it was near that barn around the lewis-read-nelson area. and the carbon gt concept is mine. all i have to do now is finish all those stupid stunt runs and the other races

BigRods69
10-19-2008, 10:34 AM
I completed all the smashes last weekend using the map on here - I put the map into MS Paint then went through each and every one marking it off on MS Paint when I know I'd done it. It surprisingly wasn't as pain-staking as I thought it might have been! :)

thenightmare
03-07-2009, 02:39 AM
new video since the old one seems to have been deleted

YouTube - Burnout Paradise Demo - All Gate Smash Locations