PDA

View Full Version : Unreadable disc...

VeNGeD
08-20-2008, 04:24 PM
Sorry if this is in the wrong place.
I just got Soul Caliber IV 2 days ago and just 5 minutes ago it just said my disc is unreadable, the disc hasnt been out my 360 since i got it and it has no scratches or any visable damage on the disc.
So just now i put the disc back in and i started playing again and everything seemed fine until i won a fight in Arcade mode and now its lagging on the screen where it tells you that you have one, i can still here the backround sounds from the level i am on and i hear the noise from friend notifications/messages etc.
I am lagging through this, its very strange because ive never had any problem like this from any other game and this one is brand new, i am guessing my 360 is screwed up.
Anyone had this problem and/or know how to fix it?
Any help would be appreciated.

FlyBoy120586
08-20-2008, 04:32 PM
I've had the unreadable disc error twice now, and both times I had to have my 360 replaced. Its the disc drive or something. I'm sure someone else can explain better.

VeNGeD
08-20-2008, 04:34 PM
I've had the unreadable disc error twice now, and both times I had to have my 360 replaced. Its the disc drive or something. I'm sure someone else can explain better.
Did you get any red lights?

Pheonix_Assassin
08-20-2008, 04:34 PM
Right there could be a few problems here!

1.Check that all your cable from your 360 are firmly input into the TV since that could be a reason the picture stops!

2.The disk might have dirt or dust on it which could stop the 360 from reading certain parts so give it a clean!

Hope that helps!

VeNGeD
08-20-2008, 04:38 PM
Right there could be a few problems here!

1.Check that all your cable from your 360 are firmly input into the TV since that could be a reason the picture stops!

2.The disk might have dirt or dust on it which could stop the 360 from reading certain parts so give it a clean!

Hope that helps!
I just disassembled the 360 hard drive and cables and cleaned it out a bit, i just tried SoulCaliber again and now it jumps on the title screen.
Im going to try another game and if i get same problem i will know my 360 is fuxored.

Pheonix_Assassin
08-20-2008, 05:13 PM
yh try another game if that one works fine then it is the SCIV disk so yh if you bought the game recently and still have the reciept take it back and get it replaced!

FlyBoy120586
08-20-2008, 08:02 PM
Did you get any red lights?

No, it just stopped reading discs. I tried every single game that I have (as Microsoft suggested) and nothing worked.

Actually the second time it did get a red light, but it wouldn't load any discs, instead it gave me a black screen and E79 error or something.

If it stays on the dashboard and says Unreadable Disc, then its a problem with the drive.

dakisbac
08-21-2008, 01:09 AM
If the disc is perfect than either your machine is broke or just a little dirty on the inside

Gariom
08-21-2008, 01:14 AM
If it can't ready any games, your 360 is teh broken. Send it in to Microshit and they should replace it with the brand new updated DD, if you don't have it already.

If it's only SCIV it can't read, it's the game, just replace it.

LumberjackNate
08-21-2008, 03:07 AM
This generally means your 360's DVD drive is on its way out. It has happened to lots of my friends sadly. It works fine one day, the next day it reads discs every once in a while. It stays like that for a couple weeks then dies completely.