PDA

View Full Version : I need to vent...

laundryman
08-21-2008, 08:05 PM
Sorry if this isn't a topic that should be made, but I'm just pissed off right now.

So my frined has had xbox live for roughly 4 years. We met back in halo 2 and have been real good buddies on live since then.

A few days ago, he sends me a message saying that he found a site that gives free MS points. Knowing that those are all scams, I sent a message back saying it's a scam. No answer.

A few days later, I get a text from him on my phone saying his account has been hacked and he's trading in his xbox. I told him not to, but he wouldn't listen. I assume he's traded it in by now. I tried texting him earlier and have yet to get an answer.

The thing that pisses me off is that damn dirty hacker. What right does he have to steal someones property? He should be ashamed of himself. He takes away my friends' account simply so he can advertise his site that steals from more people? Hell, 95% of the live community knows that it's a scam. It worse because it was one of my best friends on live. I thought that he would just get a new account, but he didn't listen to that either. I guess it's a pretty discouraging feeling when your account gets hacked; why get a new one when it could just as easily be taken?

I know no one on this site does that, but I didn't know where else to post. I just needed to vent...

Figgsy91
08-21-2008, 08:10 PM
That's god damn terrible!

I hate people who do that, shame he didn't listen to you...

JohnMcClane1984
08-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

JohnMcClane1984
08-21-2008, 08:15 PM
Hey pal! I can completely understand how angry you are feeling right now! yes most of us are aware of these scams but unfortaunately not everyone is.

I hope your friend can set up a new account soon and you can play online together again and this time he will know to avoid such scams.

Shadow Fba
08-21-2008, 08:15 PM
It sucks, but your friend was a bit of rube for thinking there wer free MS points, and no listenig to you in the 1st place.

M85A21
08-21-2008, 08:17 PM
LOL ^ FAIL!.

THat's damn unlucky man.
I know I have met some awesome people online and have even visited them before for gaming conferences etc. And it would be terrible if that happened to them, I can only express anger at that hacker.

laundryman
08-21-2008, 08:24 PM
It sucks, but your friend was a bit of rube for thinking there wer free MS points, and no listenig to you in the 1st place.

He wasn't the one who told me about the free site. It was the hacker who sent the message.

Gariom
08-21-2008, 08:30 PM
Damn, that sucks for your friend. But there's really nothing you can do about these kinds of people to take pleasure from making other people miserable. But I wouldn't worry, they'll get theirs eventually. But I guess I your friend learned a lesson though. All sites that ask for your e-mail/password/Gamertag are scams.

You'd be surprised at how many people send me messages saying that they're going to hack me. It of someone sends you message telling you they're going to hack you, it's a 99% chance it's fake.

dakisbac
08-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Tis too bad, but you did warn him.

Keano
08-21-2008, 10:35 PM
WOW u seriously need to grow some balls and get that fucking tampon out of ur pussy who the fuck cares about ur dumbass friend he deserves to have his account hacked

Jeez calm down. Yeah his friend was dumb but theres no need to be such a cunt about it.

Pashos
08-21-2008, 11:15 PM
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
nice^

that sucks for your friend. :( I think he should still get another account

M85A21
08-21-2008, 11:21 PM
WOW u seriously need to grow some balls and get that fucking tampon out of ur pussy who the fuck cares about ur dumbass friend he deserves to have his account hacked

You deserve a temp ban for that bro.

the_watcher87
08-21-2008, 11:31 PM
yea the guy was only telling us what had happened to his friend, sure he shouldn't have gave out the info but theres no need to go off like that

laundryman
08-21-2008, 11:33 PM

I'm not a girl, so thast joke made no sense.

Also, yes, my friend wasn't the smartest guy on Live, but he was still a person. Just because you think you are smarter that him (which I doubt you are considering you are trying to start an argument over the internet) doesn't mean that he deserves to have something taken from him like it was.

Keano
08-21-2008, 11:47 PM
I'm not a girl, so thast joke made no sense.

Dude, that was the joke. He's calling you a girl because there supposedly more emotional or w/e.

Ryot Control
08-22-2008, 12:04 AM
Well I'm glad that you got it out of yours system, but over here you're preaching to the choir. We're not like the 95% of the rest of the live community, we're a little better informed. But the next best thing we can do is inform our buddies for future references.

Sorry that it happened, but this time he's the example that people need so they know what to expect when they aren't mindful about what's out there.

Jdm
08-22-2008, 02:10 AM

Infracted and post Deleted.

laundryman
08-22-2008, 03:05 AM
Dude, that was the joke. He's calling you a girl because there supposedly more emotional or w/e.

I know that. I was just trying to make his joke seem dumb, which I guess didn't work :P

Fonkey Monkey
08-22-2008, 04:04 AM
that exact same thing happened to one of my best friends in real life. he lost like 35k, luckily he didnt have any credit cards on there.
he was going to sell his xbox i think, but luckily i told him all about the upcoming games he would miss out on.
hes now restarting and beging to long climb back up the gs latter. i dont think i could do it personally.

Raven1709
08-22-2008, 04:11 AM
Of course it is a big upset for you. On the other hand your friend is kind of a noob. Also not replying to you any more. Bit strange to me.

Well hopefully he'll sort his mess out and come back under another game

dm master
08-22-2008, 07:21 PM
hard luck for your freind i hope he comes back to us on LIVE.

i agree about hackers its complete bullshit cant they just earn some money honestly..