PDA

View Full Version : Rush Full Album DLC

Mike255
08-21-2008, 08:26 PM
http://www.rockband.com/newsletter/1/zine-1.jpghttp://www.rockband.com/newsletter/1/zine-2.jpghttp://www.rockband.com/newsletter/1/zine-3.jpghttp://www.rockband.com/newsletter/1/zine-4.jpghttp://www.rockband.com/newsletter/1/zine-5.jpg

Requiem Paradox
08-21-2008, 08:42 PM
...wait. Isn't YYZ fully instrumental? What will the singer do? Tambourine the whole song?

Dex
08-21-2008, 09:05 PM
...wait. Isn't YYZ fully instrumental? What will the singer do? Tambourine the whole song?
My thoughts exactly.

If this news it true, this will be an easy "100% vocals on expert" achievement for anyone who doesn't already have it. Sorta like how Silver was on drums...

xCOBRAx
08-21-2008, 09:19 PM
oh the news is certainly true, u dont think someone would actually spend that much time making up a fake poster like that do you?

As we have announced in the first issue of the Rock Band Community Zine, next week's DLC - for Tuesday, August 26th, will be Rush's Moving Pictures.

Here's the track-list:

Tom Sawyer (Original Version)
Red Barchetta
YYZ
Limelight (Original Version)
The Camera Eye
Witch Hunt
Vital Signs

The album, which is comprised entirely of original master recordings, will be available for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 platforms and will cost $10.99 (880 Microsoft Points) for the full album, or $2 (160 MSP) for the individual tracks.

Click Here for DLC credits
Click Here for Rush Interview Part II
Check out Issue #1 of the Community Zine

MOST EXPENSIVE PACK EVAR!!!

right now im just gonna get yyz, maybe listen to the others and see what i think

Son of Kyuss
08-21-2008, 09:34 PM
Oh my god yes, this is pure win. Seriously I'm glad we're finally gonna get the Tom Sawyer master track.

Dla911
08-21-2008, 10:03 PM
all i need to say is more Rush?

We just got 2 songs from rush in July, I'm going to be Who know on this pack.

RINGO
08-21-2008, 10:42 PM
well.... I can't say that I don't thinks its weird that we'll have three rush songs now with multiple version..... but meh...

I love Rush and they are great fun to play..... I'll probably be buying this.

TooMuchCowbell
08-21-2008, 10:45 PM
I actually never expected YYZ on Rock Band because it's fully instrumental. But, I love the song, so can't complain.

Glyndinn
08-22-2008, 03:54 AM
Finally, I can't stand the cover versions of the Rush songs.

TooMuchCowbell
08-22-2008, 03:59 AM
I wish I had waited for the vault edition of Working Man before getting the cover. I don't have enough money, especially with all the new games coming out, to fork over more money for an original of Tom Sawyer and Working Man. I'm fine with my cover.

Dex
08-22-2008, 04:33 AM
Dan Teasdale said in the Rock Band Forums:

"One of the secret features that we introduced in the Music Store patch was the ability to play "instrumental" songs. This means that the song itself doesn't have a vocal part, but does have all the other parts.
What does that mean for you? Well, it means you can't play YYZ as a vocalist because there's no vocal part. There's no leaderboards for Solo Vocal YYZ, no difficulty slot for it for vocals (in RB2, the notches disappear and it says "No Part"), and if you try and play YYZ as a vocalist it'll remind you that this is an instrumental track.
Hope that clears things up!"

Don't expect to get any vocal achievement and/or score for YYZ

JJBDude
08-22-2008, 10:02 AM
Haha damn I was looking forward to getting an easy achievement. Cheers for sharing that Dex.

And cool about Rush, I think they're alright. :)

fuzzy510
08-22-2008, 10:21 AM
Dan Teasdale said in the Rock Band Forums:

Don't expect to get any vocal achievement and/or score for YYZ
Good. It's one thing to buy an song (Silver) where it's absurdly easy to earn 100%, but it's another thing altogether to essentially allow you to buy the achievement without putting any effort in whatsoever.

Dex
08-22-2008, 09:35 PM
Good. It's one thing to buy an song (Silver) where it's absurdly easy to earn 100%, but it's another thing altogether to essentially allow you to buy the achievement without putting any effort in whatsoever.
Not only that, but now I think it's safe to say we can probably expect more non-vocal DLC songs in Rock Band.

That was my one concern with the game, even before it came out. How are we going to play any instrumental songs, i.e. Metallica's Orion, Van Halen's Eruption, or Eric Johnson's Cliffs of Dover?

YouTube - Metallica - Orion live

Well... now we have our answer :woop:

nightmare975
08-22-2008, 09:39 PM
That was my one concern with the game, even before it came out. How are we going to play any instrumental songs, i.e. Metallica's Orion, Van Halen's Eruption, or Eric Johnson's Cliffs of Dover?

Well, Eruption usually goes right to You really got me.

TooMuchCowbell
08-22-2008, 09:59 PM
Well, Eruption usually goes right to You really got me.
But they're usually treated like two separate songs, GHII had You Really Got Me, but no Eruption. And their greatest hits CD doesn't have them together.

fuzzy510
08-23-2008, 01:20 AM

I still don't think we'll ever see that in Rock Band, seeing as how there's nothing for any of parts that aren't guitar to do.

TooMuchCowbell
08-23-2008, 05:50 AM
Wow, I bought MS points today, but forgot to leave some for YYZ :(
I feel stupid now lol

And yes, I bought Silver for drums and I feel dirty now.

nightmare975
08-26-2008, 06:10 AM
I just watched Rush play Tom Sawyer, LOLZ

http://ccinsider.comedycentral.com/cc_insider/2008/07/rush-plays-rock.html

SlinksNine
08-26-2008, 08:16 AM
FUCKING COOL.
Man, I love Rush. This is great.

Dla911
08-26-2008, 09:17 AM
Delayed intill Next Market place update (sometime today) if its fixed

nightmare975
08-26-2008, 05:54 PM
Delayed intill Next Market place update (sometime today) if its fixed

That's fucking bullshit. This pisses me off. :mad:

I want to play some RUSH!!!!!!!!!!

Inhale3xhale
08-26-2008, 07:15 PM
anyone know why we don't have it yet?

Lonsta DaMonsta
08-26-2008, 08:14 PM
It seems to have something to do with YYZ and the fact they're trying to implement a whole new feature (you can't sing that song)

nightmare975
08-26-2008, 08:22 PM
Come on HMX! I wants me RUSH!!!!!!!!!

I've been listening to the album on my way to college, I really want to play those songs.

Inhale3xhale
08-26-2008, 11:20 PM
this is starting to suck, i really want to play this before next weeks dlc. anyone find anything regarding when itll be up?

Technogoat
08-26-2008, 11:41 PM
Glad to know it wasn't just me. I was checking the marketplace every hour since I got home. Decided to give up and go to bed. Any updates regarding the delay?

nightmare975
08-26-2008, 11:49 PM
This is my only free day thanks to college. Damn it. I hope this comes out sometime today.

SlinksNine
08-26-2008, 11:53 PM
This is my only free day thanks to college. Damn it. I hope this comes out sometime today.

Yeah I know what you're saying. I got work tommorow, and the next few days afterwards. Today was like, perfect. >:

XVx KILL SWITCH
08-27-2008, 01:33 AM
my first day of school is tomorrow.. sigh

Son of Kyuss
08-27-2008, 02:09 AM
The delay of this DLC is really showing how spoiled the Rock Band fanbase really is. You've been given 3 (now 4) songs a week every week (except for April Fools day). Is it that hard to wait patiently for this to come out? Sure I was disappointed when I came home from work to not find it there but I'm not complaining, would you rather have a buggy album or a flawless album? Anyways, it's not like Harmonix did this knowing everybody would be busy the next day so they purposefully delayed it. No. They found a genuine problem and wanted to fix it so that people would be able to enjoy it without worry of whatever this technical problem is. Ugh....

nightmare975
08-27-2008, 02:11 AM
But did they have to delay it when its DLC that's actually good?

Son of Kyuss
08-27-2008, 02:14 AM
Harmonix is loyal to their fanbase, they wouldn't delay DLC on purpose knowing that it is so anticipated.

nightmare975
08-27-2008, 03:16 AM
Harmonix is loyal to their fanbase, they wouldn't delay DLC on purpose knowing that it is so anticipated.

I know, I has just kidding around. Sucks that this had to be delayed though, wanted to spend the whole day beating each song. :(

Oh well...

Matrarch
08-27-2008, 03:39 AM
I think we're also spoiled as 360 owners. PS3 folks always have to wait till Thursday after all...

I'm guessing there must be some issue with the non-vocal track. Oh well. I'm sure they'll get it out soon enough. :)

itsmatt338
08-27-2008, 03:43 AM
Yes! I think this can help me get the "100% expert vocals".

Matrarch
08-27-2008, 03:47 AM
Yes! I think this can help me get the "100% expert vocals".

Unfortuantely not. The vocals are essentially a non track. There are no vocals to play so they're eliminating it entirely somehow. Once again, that's why I think the technical difficulties. HMX probably still has some stuff to iron out regarding the lack of vocals that they didn't anticipate.

SebastianSB
08-27-2008, 03:55 AM
itsmatt...I really hope you don't believe your own signature. That % is horribly warped

nightmare975
08-27-2008, 04:21 AM
So for example, my brother and I play world tour, he does vocals, and I do guitar. If we play YYZ, he wont be able to do anything? I wonder if it would let us choose it.

IMAMEX
08-27-2008, 08:01 AM
glad to see I'm not the only one freaking out about this problem. I was really stoked to play YYZ on bass and also to get that cheap vocal achievement. I still wanted to download the whole album and I tried and failed right now cause it's not up yet :(

Dex
08-27-2008, 08:57 AM
So for example, my brother and I play world tour, he does vocals, and I do guitar. If we play YYZ, he wont be able to do anything? I wonder if it would let us choose it.
Of course it will let you choose it, but your brother will have nothing to do... the song has no vocals. Have him go to the kitchen and make you a sandwich or something.

Dla911
08-27-2008, 10:47 AM
They still having problem, They have not given a update yet, As far as i know the Market place updates once in the afternoon, (i dont know what time its at) My guess would be around 2PM PST, But i know that the market place updates at 2am PST, so if it was not out tonight, Check tomorrow after noon somtime and if not by 5PST then try again at 2am PST.

Dex
08-27-2008, 11:38 AM
In a way, it's a good thing I have zero cash right now since I am buying a $27,000 car.
I was upset all weekend that I couldn't buy the new Rush DLC this week... but apparently no one can. hahahahahahahaha sorry :(

CriscoDisco878
08-27-2008, 02:15 PM
so is microsoft or harmonix to blame? because im not too happy about this, why couldnt they delay something that no one cared about?

also, so YYZ 100% vocals will not be achievable? gay i say. gay

WaltXXX
08-27-2008, 02:43 PM
so is microsoft or harmonix to blame? because im not too happy about this, why couldnt they delay something that no one cared about?

also, so YYZ 100% vocals will not be achievable? gay i say. gay

I don't think so. Way too easy to be true.

nightmare975
08-27-2008, 04:27 PM
Guess the actual album will have to keep me occupied for now.

Son of Kyuss
08-27-2008, 08:31 PM
Well mateys, looks like we won't have Moving Pictures for a couple of weeks now.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1109668#post1109668

Atleast they stick true to their DLC every week attitude and are gonna release tracks this week to compensate for no Moving Pictures.

CriscoDisco878
08-27-2008, 10:33 PM
how does this make us spoiled? we just want what we were promised. DLC every week.

Dla911
08-27-2008, 11:24 PM
U should of posted the full thing insted of just the link

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showt...68#post1109668 (http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1109668#post1109668)

"Hey everybody,

Unfortunately, due to unforeseen technical difficulties, we won't be able to release Rush's "Moving Pictures" this week. We'll be working on it as hard as we can, but it looks like it could be a couple of weeks to fix. In the meantime we will be moving around our schedule so we still have DLC coming out each week (including this week, info to follow in another announcement).

Look forward to some exciting news this weekend, from PAX and elsewhere."

From HMXSean

Dex
08-27-2008, 11:39 PM
how does this make us spoiled? we just want what we were promised. DLC every week.
"we just want what we were promised"? That's pretty much what "spoiled" means.

One definition of spoiled is "To be eager for"
Another definition is "To do harm to the character by overindulgence"

Inhale3xhale
08-28-2008, 12:06 AM
well, as long as we get rush i'll be happy. any ideas what the dlc could be in its place?

Dla911
08-28-2008, 12:34 AM
well, as long as we get rush i'll be happy. any ideas what the dlc could be in its place?

no Announcements (http://www.rockband.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5) as of right now

Mythtakes
08-28-2008, 11:38 AM
I'm gathering no rush dlc this week then :(. This is from RB Forums

Hey everybody,

Unfortunately, due to unforeseen technical difficulties, we won't be able to release Rush's "Moving Pictures" this week. We'll be working on it as hard as we can, but it looks like it could be a couple of weeks to fix. In the meantime we will be moving around our schedule so we still have DLC coming out each week (including this week, info to follow in another announcement).

Look forward to some exciting news this weekend, from PAX and elsewhere.

Matrarch
08-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Well, here are this week's replacement tracks:

Locksley Pack 1 (240http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/media/2007/11/microsoftpointslogosmall.gif / $3)

"She Does" - Locksley (80http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/media/2007/11/microsoftpointslogosmall.gif / $1)
"Dont Make Me Wait" - Locksley (80http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/media/2007/11/microsoftpointslogosmall.gif / $1)
"All Over Again" - Locksley (80http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/media/2007/11/microsoftpointslogosmall.gif / $1)

The songs should be available soon for download on Xbox 360

News taken from Joystiq.com

Can't say I've heard of Locksley. Feel bad for them though. It's like being the unknown comedian that has to follow a Jerry Seinfeld or Chris Rock or comedian of choice, you know?

Inhale3xhale
08-28-2008, 08:11 PM
wow, i just listened to those songs, and I agree with the whole "post awesome comedian" statement. looks like I'll be saving some money this time.

Dex
08-28-2008, 09:02 PM
Lame songs, but at least this is more proof that Harmonix loves the fans. With the exception of April Fools week (with 1 free song), they have delivered 3+ songs a week since launch date.

I <3 HMX

edd__
08-28-2008, 09:11 PM
I <3 HMX
I love them more.

Sleezy M F E
08-28-2008, 10:20 PM
Wow, those replacement tracks are awful.

Mythtakes
08-28-2008, 11:09 PM
I like those Locksley tracks! haha :o

iceefudgesickle
08-29-2008, 02:40 AM
Why in the world would HMX release songs by an unknown crappy band when there are so many good artists that have been around for a while that HAVEN'T been put in yet?

SebastianSB
08-29-2008, 06:32 AM
Well...first of all they have to have the tracks licensed and second they have to have them completed...That answer your question? =P

xCOBRAx
08-29-2008, 10:32 AM
Why in the world would HMX release songs by an unknown crappy band when there are so many good artists that have been around for a while that HAVEN'T been put in yet?

while im not a fan of this new band i think this is a highly subjective opinion. In a failing market artists are looking for new ways to market their music. Ask yourself this, when was the last time you actually went to best buy or your local record shop and actually bought a CD. Personally for me its been years. i either download them or often purchase them through itunes.

Bands have the right idea looking to new mediums to get their songs released. I enjoy the fact that many up and coming artists have listed their songs on rock band or guitar hero at a modest price (in the case of rock band its usually only a buck a song) and im willing to pay a dollar to listen to some new music and possible have an hour or two of entertainment off a song.

We are starting to see this kind of thing with a lot of other bands too. Metallica will be debuting their newest album through rock band and guitar hero. motley crue has marketed their songs thru two new releases on rock band both costing 1 dollar at release time.

so i guess what im trying to say is that yeah, there is a high likelyhood that you might not like the songs of some random band that is released as DLC, but if for whatever reason you like it, support it because its a new viable option for artists to still get paid for the music they are creating.

edd__
08-29-2008, 11:13 AM
They're a very American band trying to be like the British Invasion of yesteryear and failing miserably. Erghh please stop saying "DARRLIN' !"

brak4222
08-30-2008, 10:17 AM
I must admit this whole week has been weak for Harmonix...I bet they will rebound with good stuff though...

brak4222
08-31-2008, 06:43 AM
It's a bummer we have to wait for this....

Dex
09-20-2008, 12:27 PM
Not that anyone really visits the "old" RB forums anymore, but the Rush album is coming out this Tuesday.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=92454

Dla911
09-20-2008, 08:55 PM
not that anyone really visits the "old" rb forums anymore, but the rush album is coming out this tuesday.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=92454

i do :)