PDA

View Full Version : Leaked video of Drum Trainer?

APX
08-21-2008, 11:39 PM
Editing the first post for new gameplay videos. If you want me to get rid of the videos, just PM me and I will ASAP.

Intro to Rock Band 2 (And of course, it's crappy. But still great)

YouTube - Rock Band 2 Intro

Expert Guitar Tracks of Metal Songs.

YouTube - Rock Band 2 - Expert Guitar Metal preview

- Panic Attack (Dream Theater)
- Colony of Birchmen (Mastodon)
- Souls Of Black (Testament)
- Peace Sells (Megadeth)
- Battery (Metallica)
- Painkiller (Judas Priest)

Expert Guitar Tracks of Bonus Songs.
YouTube - Rock Band 2 - Bonus Songs Preview
- Night Lies (Bang Camaro)
- Get Clean (Anarchy Club)
- Rob The Prez-O-Dent (That Handsome Devil)
- Shoulder to the Plow (Breaking Wheel)
- Visions (Abnormality)

Expert Vocal and Guitar Tracks.
YouTube - Rock Band 2 - Expert Vocals preview
Give It Away (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
So What'cha Want (Beastie Boys)
Testify (Rage Against the Machine)
Master Exploder (Tenacious D)

Also, good luck at trying to beat this solo. ;)
YouTube - Rock band 2 - Bodhisvatta Solos - impossible

Original Post

Checking youtube last night and spoted this.

YouTube - Rock Band 2 Drum Trainer NEW

Looks fun, doesn't it?

I sure will be using this alot, because I am not good at drums as well as this being my first time actually buying the game.

sharonoagain
08-22-2008, 12:46 AM
Oh my good golly gosh, I might just be able to learn to play RB Drums! :woop:

edd__
08-22-2008, 01:02 AM
Looks like good fun.
Kinda wish i'd never played drums before so i could use that to teach myself, pretty bloody awesome. My musically inept brother who is adamant to buy the ion kit will have to see this video. AWESOME

TooMuchCowbell
08-22-2008, 01:22 AM
If you can't fail what about all the achievements for beating them at "____ BPM". Do you just have to go through them and try our best? And that guy was pretty bad lol, but it looks like fun.

TwistedFate
08-22-2008, 01:37 AM
If you can't fail what about all the achievements for beating them at "____ BPM". Do you just have to go through them and try our best? And that guy was pretty bad lol, but it looks like fun.

Look closely during the fill portion in that vid, when he 100% one of them the icon beside the BPM meter lights up. I imagine that means it's complete at that BPM threshold. You can also see it count up his percentage as he's playing during the beat portion. Every few measures it resets to 0% completion. Beating it probably means hitting a certain percentage over those measures.

So yes, just keep playing until you get it.

TooMuchCowbell
08-22-2008, 01:57 AM
Yea, I noticed that, just wasn't exactly sure how it works. And it also says you can change the speed, so you can go right to the fast beats, but if you're on an easier one, it moves you up when it thinks you're ready, ie. getting a certain percentage.

TwistedFate
08-22-2008, 02:24 AM
Yea, I noticed that, just wasn't exactly sure how it works. And it also says you can change the speed, so you can go right to the fast beats, but if you're on an easier one, it moves you up when it thinks you're ready, ie. getting a certain percentage.

I don't think it automatically bumps you up. I think you control the speed.

TooMuchCowbell
08-22-2008, 02:33 AM
But look at the meter on the right, it slowly goes up as you do better. Or do you just have to hit a certain amount of notes to "complete" a session.

TwistedFate
08-22-2008, 02:44 AM
But look at the meter on the right, it slowly goes up as you do better. Or do you just have to hit a certain amount of notes to "complete" a session.

I just checked to make sure. The meter doesn't move on it's own. Look at the number above the BPM meter on the left. It stays at a particular setting while he plays.

The graphic on the right is the note chart at a glance, and it appears that 4 measure is what counts as a session for beats. Can't tell what counts for the Fill trainer.

TooMuchCowbell
08-22-2008, 03:16 AM
Whoops, it must have been just my eyes wonking out. I thought it was like a crowd meter, going up as you do better. As for the thing on the right, it just seems like a general layout of the beat.

JJBDude
08-22-2008, 09:57 AM
Wow now that really does look nice, I can't wait to have a go at that myself so I can practise stepping up to play on Hard and Expert. Will be good way to introduce my friends to the game too. :D

xCOBRAx
08-22-2008, 10:37 AM
ok be honest, who else sat there for 3 extra minutes expecting something to happen? that was just a mean joke by the maker of the video!

TwistedFate
08-22-2008, 01:15 PM
ok be honest, who else sat there for 3 extra minutes expecting something to happen? that was just a mean joke by the maker of the video!

I didn't, but only because I've seen it a couple of times lately. I don't know if it's author issues, or YouTube issues. I'm leaning toward YouTube since I've seen it happen several times recently, but who knows.

APX
08-22-2008, 10:40 PM
It's part of how to make HQ videos on youtube, you either leave a blank screen or some picture at the end and yeah, it sounds/looks alot better.

Just like how you see these trailers for movies that say "XXXX HQ TRAILER" and it's at around... 5 minutes when the trailer is only around a minute or so. :D

Piccolo549
08-22-2008, 10:53 PM
looks pretty cool although i guess it gets kind of hard when i gets to a high beats per min

APX
08-22-2008, 10:56 PM
It does, but this is perfect for the noobs like me and you, we can progress and get better and find it easier for hard/expert songs. :)

animeaddict42
08-23-2008, 02:24 AM
I'm going to love going through this, specifically the fills trainer. My fills are O.K., but I could always use a few tips from true musicians.

JD FTW
08-23-2008, 02:29 AM
Looks like i dont need to buy a real set after all, ill learn on these and then think about real drums.

benbam87
08-23-2008, 02:35 AM
That looks like a great trainer

RINGO
08-23-2008, 07:09 AM
well....this isn't actually leaked footage....

it was actually on gamespot as well a few days ago.

looks pretty fun....although I imagine those are just the easier patterns and fills.

TooMuchCowbell
08-23-2008, 07:57 AM
I can play expert drums, and my fills, sometimes sound good, sometimes sound like a blind monkey in a drum store. This will definitely help.
Anyone else wish he had showed some more complex beats in the video?

APX
08-23-2008, 08:03 AM
Well it was just a video to show what to expect, I guess we can wait for the people that get the game eariler before the due date try it. :D

TwistedFate
08-23-2008, 12:58 PM
Anyone else wish he had showed some more complex beats in the video?

I do, but the drummer didn't seem to be all that skilled to me.

Tekken
08-23-2008, 05:15 PM
The only use I'd get out of this is using it for speed practice (a.k.a. practicing for a Run to the Hills type of song).

sharonoagain
08-23-2008, 07:05 PM
Well, for those if us that have little or no drum experience that want to improve at the game and, perhaps, someday, MAYBE be able to beat the drum career on something other than Medium, this is a great addition. WAY better than the craptastic tutorials that these started out as. Which shows that the franchise is moving in the right direction AND listening to fans, as usual.

edd__
08-23-2008, 07:42 PM
It definitely shows that they're looking more at music than game, if that makes sense.
And that they'll trying their best to replicate real instruments (or the drums anyway), and make it as musically accurate as possible

APX
09-01-2008, 08:44 AM
Bump for major edit to first post.

Enjoy everybody, i'm still waiting for this great song. :D

edd__
09-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Nice! ;D

about bodhisattva - the solo doesn't actually look too bad ah. Course, not gunna 100% it at all, not even close. But i reckon i could just about get through the fast picking bit in the solo, which sounds like the hardest part

ThtPepsiNagger
09-02-2008, 08:01 AM
i just spooged a little

Matrarch
09-02-2008, 02:31 PM
Awesome finds. :D

Bodhisattva made me cry. And that's such a small part of the solo. o_O

I can't wait to play Night Lies. Yay for more Bang Camaro!

So what's it now? 12 days left? 11? Bring on the 14th! :D

sharonoagain
09-02-2008, 09:20 PM
i just spooged a little

LOL, dude, TMI!

TooMuchCowbell
09-02-2008, 10:07 PM
WOW, they are DEFINITELY amping up the difficulty on Rock Band 2. Some of these songs seem impossible, but I guess that's what we all saw when we saw GGaHT, it just takes practice.

APX
09-03-2008, 02:56 AM
I'm glad all the OG Rock Band fans enjoyed the videos, I can't wait for this to come out!

By the way, is there anyway to change the thread title? or do I need a mod to do it?

JD FTW
09-03-2008, 03:21 AM
Hey, nice vide finds, made me want this game even more. <3

braddelo
09-04-2008, 09:32 PM
The other band in the game intro looks like a guitar hero band. Like Axle Steel and Judy Nails. Is that totally obvious? haha. Is that already a known thing?

APX
09-04-2008, 09:40 PM
Well it's a leaked video, so if they do know, they aren't telling us untill we get a greater quality version. :D

Figgsy x360a
09-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Looks like the drum trainer achievements will be pretty easy.

It honestly doesn't look too hard tbh :woop: