PDA

View Full Version : PC Based XBOX360 Achievements?

MoShef
08-22-2008, 01:00 AM
Rightio

Dont knw if this was correct section. here i go anyways. I was wondering what you guys/girls out there think of an pc based application that contains all the acheivements/guide like this site?

I am willing to create it and it all FREE. so it wil be easy to use just like that n when ever new games are out i will add the game into the database PC App n create updates that you can download.

What you lot think? please post ur thoughts...

ostriker
08-22-2008, 01:14 AM
worthless, no point since basicly people will look over website for the walkthought to get it also, a application with a large data would just be heavy for nothing

JJBDude
08-22-2008, 09:46 AM
I don't understand it exactly but by the sounds of it it's pretty pointless.

I think we're happy seeing the achievements on the website however what's to stop you doing it if you want to? :)

Raven1709
08-22-2008, 10:03 AM
Well... it would be a very big project. But if you are that commited go for it.

Daywalker-san
08-22-2008, 05:36 PM
I have been thinking of this sort of thing for a little bit, what would you code it in? if you are storing all the information on a local database the file size would be huge, especialy if you have all the pictures and other information. it may make more sence to make an acsess Database with all the files in and use a form to display the data

killerharu45
08-22-2008, 05:50 PM
This could work I guess if you don't have access to the internet or something like that. But you would need the internet to download it. So if you have internet then why not come to this site? It would be faster, more efficient, and save you a whole lot of time

dm master
08-22-2008, 07:14 PM
i think it would be cool for when like your internet isnt working or something and you want a guide but otherwise i think it is slightly pointless.

MoShef
08-23-2008, 03:47 PM
I have been thinking of this sort of thing for a little bit, what would you code it in? if you are storing all the information on a local database the file size would be huge, especialy if you have all the pictures and other information. it may make more sence to make an acsess Database with all the files in and use a form to display the data

dw about the size. im going to embedded it into the application. trust me i can compress a huge file into a smaller size. il make an example n show ya.

Im a Manatee
08-23-2008, 08:41 PM
http://www.consoleheroes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=444

Written by x360a user Code. Old schoolers know who. Its a pretty useful program.

Gun-Nut
08-24-2008, 01:53 AM
http://www.consoleheroes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=444

Written by x360a user Code. Old schoolers know who. Its a pretty useful program.

Pretty cool program though only reason I would use a offline app is for achievement guides since sometimes I can't access this site for some strange reason :(

I've no problem with seeing what achievements I have and don't have on xbox.com or the 360 itself.