PDA

View Full Version : Wolverine: Sabretooth (Superhero)... Advice?

PaleGringo
09-01-2006, 06:11 PM
So this is it, the final showdown. I beat it on Novice and Hero, but keep getting cornholed on superhero.

I figured out that his standard attack comes in sets of three, so I know when to block those. I also know that using Fury is USELESS if his meter is filled, since he'll just heal it up, so rather than popping Fury mode then, I'll wait until he's done charging around on fire and then I'll wail on him. I get him off the upper level just fine, heal up, and jump down.

Problem is on the lower level when his fighting is more aggressive. I can no longer block without taking damage, and the only thing that seems to work is rolling out of the way, waiting for his strike and then hitting him with a Y-Attack. Trick is, his rage build up, he heals more than I'm damaging him, and he whittles my health down. When I go into Fury, I don't damage him enough, and I attempt to defend myself from his attacks, but invariably I break even from Fury mode, and lose helath when I'm not in it.

What gets me is that even if I ever get through that part, I have the final 10% where he's always in Rage mode, damn near kills me on Novice.

This is the last one I need to finish off Woverine's mutations. After that, I can send this one back to Gamefly and try something new. Any ideas or tactics?

ws][Eric
09-01-2006, 08:04 PM
I'll just start with the lower level. I am seriously trying to remember and I am sorry if I am missing something.

If I remember correctly he does some kind of jump attack. When you manage to roll away from that one you will get some pretty hits on his back. When he is fury just try to avoid him by rolling. This is a long and painful way but it works. You should beat him down into his final fury mode without loosing to much health.

What I did was time my last few attacks before bringing him to fury mode. Try to engage into your own Fury mode just before reaching 10%. That way you can easily damage him some more while his is engaging in fury mode. If you have enough health left you just can keep on flailing his face until he goes down.

This might take some tries but I did it that way!

PaleGringo
09-03-2006, 03:57 AM
Appreciate the tips, Eric, but still not working well enough to get my slow and cumbersome ass throught this "easy" game.

I was in Fury mode and pressed Y, dug my claws into his chest and thought to myself... Hmm... that seems like the beginning move of a decent combo. I wonder what else I can do.

Then I got hit off.

I realise that part of my problem quite likely is that I'm renting this from Gamefly, and I never saw the actual instruction book. That said, is anybody able to link to or post up the "special attacks" in Fury Mode? I get the feeling that one of those will let me "attack his weak spot for MASSIVE DAMAGE."

Again, thanks in advance.

Muta32
09-03-2006, 02:08 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4513

ws][Eric
09-04-2006, 08:16 PM
The "guide" is right! Try not using the Y button first. He will only throw you off. And you will do basicaly no damage while loosing time in Fury mode!