PDA

View Full Version : Recommend DLC?

edd__
08-22-2008, 01:37 PM
Probably a pointless topic, but i couldn't find a good place to ask this. It's just that i'm looking to buy some more DLC for this, but dunno what to get. The choices are too vast ;D

So hoping that people can help me out? Am looking for some stuff that's challenging but not too hard, but also songs i'd like. Not really a fan of metal or emo stuff, but everything else is fair game for the most part. Thought if i posted what DLC i did have, gauge my sort of tastes, difficulty range, someone kind might help me work out what to get? I know this probably sounds a bit stupid, but im possibly the most indecisive person ever. And i don't really wanna feeling like i'm wasting my moneys.

Watched a lot of videos on youtube of songs that i've been contemplating, but found a lot of them to be too easy (Train in Vain, Buddy Holly, &c). Also can't really be bothered getting songs that have been on GH or something, despite if i like it (Kool Thing, Sex Type Thing).

Anyway, the stuff i've got:
Bang a Gong
Bowie Pack
Debaser
Die! All Right
Ever Fallen in Love
Interstate Love Song
Little Sister
More Than a Feeling
Move Along ( :\ )
My Iron Lung
Oasis Pack
Siva
Snow ((Hey Oh))
Ten Speed
Toxicity
Zero
+ all the EU exclusives and free downloads

Can't afford loads of songs, def less than 10. But I just really dunno what to go for. Any help would be appreciated

KFZ Scrubs
08-22-2008, 02:38 PM
Metallica track pack.......
Its not easy though

Figgsy91
08-22-2008, 02:57 PM
Um some songs, different instruments:

Good DLC, Drums:
DURAN DURAN - RIO, GIRLS ON FILM
DISTURBED - INSIDE THE FIRE
ANGELS AND AIRWAVES - IT HURTS

Good DLC, Guitar
KILLSWITCH ENGAGE - MY CURSE
DISTURBED - INSIDE THE FIRE
SONIC YOUTH - KOLL THING

XVx KILL SWITCH
08-22-2008, 04:11 PM
Any metal, mainly killswitch:woop:and disturbed is awesome too

TooMuchCowbell
08-22-2008, 04:27 PM
Get some Rush, or wait till the new pack comes out. Great guitar, bass and drums...singing, not so much.

XVx KILL SWITCH
08-22-2008, 04:31 PM
Yeah, deffinitly do not buy for vocals, but who does that anyway?

grumpiercloud
08-22-2008, 05:53 PM
Yeah, deffinitly do not buy for vocals, but who does that anyway?

I do! I got the Disturbed pack Rock N roll dream and BYOB just to sing it :D

edd__
08-22-2008, 08:26 PM
i appreciate the replies, but am really not a fan of metal at all, so dont really want any 'Tallica or Disturbed. Will watch some videos of some Rush stuff when it's released, never really heard much of their stuff. I don't think they're that big this side of the pond, but i'm intrigued to hear some more

TooMuchCowbell
08-22-2008, 08:31 PM
Listen to YYZ and Working Man, my two fav Rush songs. Btw, there's no vocals on YYZ, purely instrumental, but it's still coming out for Rock Band.

They're Canadian, so they're pretty big here.

RickOfPompey
08-22-2008, 08:34 PM
I recommend getting all the Boston tracks, all of them are great to play. BYOB and Toxicity are challenging, but fun to play.

Son of Kyuss
08-22-2008, 09:20 PM
Boston Track Pack
Working Man (Vault Edition)
Sex Type Thing
The Who pack (Seriously this is win)

That's all I can think of now.

xCOBRAx
08-22-2008, 09:34 PM
edd, what i would reccomend is throw us some thing that your contemplating getting. like some things that yo have looked at the videos or something like that and then ask us what we think about this. I say this because w/o knowing you personally i have no idea what kind of music you like, your skills and abilities per instrument and with such a vast library of DLC not knowing those two things its really hard to make recommendations. if you list some songs ur thinking of getting id be happy to reply with my thoughts on them

edd__
08-23-2008, 12:06 AM
Well that's the thing Cobra, maybe i didn't explain it properly. The ones i was contemplating -- Train in Vain, Sex Type Thing, Baba O'Riley, Buddy Holly, Date with the Night &c -- i've decided against getting, either through lack of challenge, or the ol' good-song-but-bad-to-play malarky. Am tempted by some of Doolittle, but they're just such short songs haha

I have a broad taste in music, but most of the stuff i listen to is circa 90s, though not exclusively obviously. Huge fan of Soundgarden, Jeff Buckley, RATM, Beck, Radiohead, Blind Melon, Chilis, Pearl Jam, Sonic Youth, Smashing Pumpkins, Foos, Nada Surf, Jane's Addiction, Nirvana, REM, Hole, Incubus, etc, but they're all a bit underrepresented at the moment, apart from SP and Pixies. Also listen to a lot Bowie, Beatles, De La Soul, Dylan, Mos Def, Brendan Benson, Moby, Hendrix, Ben Harper, Mr Scruff, Danger Mouse blah blah blah blah.
It's 1am, mind is a bit shaky. So i've probably forgotten some big stuff, but hope that gives you the jist of my tastes?

@TooMuchCowbell - Heard YYZ from GH2, and it's the same thing of cba buying it because i've already played it on that. Found that song a bit grating too.

SebastianSB
08-23-2008, 01:06 AM
Personally I'd recommend the packs/albums for Rush, Boston, The Who, and the Pixies. The Who and The Pixies aren't particularly challenging, though.

If you've got a broad taste in music, then you might like The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived, by Weezer. This song single handedly covers at least a dozen genres.

Other Recommendations:
War Pigs
Capital G
This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race
B.Y.O.B.
Number of the Beast
My Sharona
Joker and the Thief
Judas Priest Album
Hysteria
Fought the Law

What The Buck?
08-23-2008, 01:08 AM
Date with the night is bloody brill on drums!

Hmmmm, All the small things??

xCOBRAx
08-23-2008, 07:36 AM
well edd baba o'reily might be easy on guitar but its a decent challenge on drums and singing is hard too, plus its such a classic song how can you pass it up?? hehe i would reccommend it, as many have said the entire boston pack is awesome, there isnt a song in it that i wouldnt play. yeah i mean if your looking for challenging stuff id go with the metallica pack. Also the AX7 songs are both really tough on guitar, loads of fun to sing and definatly will beat the hell out of you on drums. One track that i picked up that i have fallen in love with is that Fall out boy song, "This ain't a scene its an arms race" its pretty repetitive on guitar but its fast paced and whenever i sing it i wish i had a wireless microphone so i could run around my house singing it like i was on a stage!

Dla911
08-23-2008, 12:35 PM
Main question should be "What do you really want to play? Drums, Sing, or Guitar"

edd__
08-23-2008, 02:05 PM
Yeah, a lot of mentions of Boston, and other than More Than a Feeling and Smokin' so will check some videos of the RB songs out later see if i like it. And will check the Weezer song you suggested Sebastian, cheers. Only heard the preview of it in the Music Store and thought it was a bit crap, but am intrigued by what you said.

@Cobra: Baba O'Riley is a quality song, but i'd much rather play the piano/synth bit at the start for real. The guitar in the song is a bit bland, don't think i'd enjoy playing it in game.
I really hate Fall Out Boy with a passion, can't stand listening to their music at all ahah

@Dla: I play them all. Sing less than instruments, but am looking for songs that are good for everything ;D I'm a picky bugger haha

Scott31815
08-23-2008, 05:26 PM
I'm gonna go with my heart on this one. Rush's Moving Pictures album will be available in a few days and it's one you'll want to get! All the songs from front to back are fantastic! I'm glad Rush finally jumped on board with the game! The cover versions suck!

UNDERWALLY
08-23-2008, 11:20 PM
You should buy Saints of LA by Motley Crue, great song, and I aso recommend Hysteria, great songs

Piccolo549
08-23-2008, 11:22 PM
i would like to see some more iron maiden maybe some stuff from thier ablum powerslave

Dla911
08-25-2008, 12:57 AM
Here ya go Edd, this is the link for all the DLC with Tiers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_downloadable_songs_for_the_Rock_Band_serie s

Now as of me, i usally buy the Hardest ones (makes a good buck for the money i have to tell ya)

Judas Priest (album as good)
Disturbed is Good as its hard
Jimmy Buffett (Was fun all around)
The Best of The Who (the Best buy i have made yet)
System of a Down (both are hard and worth it in my mind)
Airboune (Fun on the drums I find)
Metallica (Whole Pack :) )

XVx KILL SWITCH
08-25-2008, 02:29 AM
still alive :biglaugh

edd__
08-25-2008, 04:49 PM
Thought i'd update this. Found a tenner in my car today (SCORE!), so i added some more MSP, and bought a couple tracks.
Smokin' - Boston; and Mr Greives and Tame - Pixies.

Still contemplating more stuff, got plenty points left, definitely intrigued by Rush's album, so we'll see tomorrow. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the advice

HoodMod
08-26-2008, 03:31 AM
According to Crtl-F, nobody has mentioned Thrasher pack. Do it. And of course Rush's album as everyone says, that shit'll be awesome.

SebastianSB
08-26-2008, 04:36 AM
Mr Greives - Pixies.

I'm still trying to figure out whether he's supposed to sound like he's laughing or like he's crying in the intro.

animeaddict42
08-26-2008, 05:25 AM
Packs:
The Boston Track Pack
The Roadrunner Pack for a challenge
Moving Pictures by Rush (when it comes out)
The Disturbed Pack
The Who

Singles:
Working Man
Limelight
Sprode (I love this song so much :D)

I'll put more later.

JoeCool7835
08-26-2008, 02:42 PM
If you're after the Flawless Achievements ("Flawless Groove", "Flawless Singing", etc.), I'd recommend getting "Roxanne". It's short, fun, and straightforward.

Piccolo549
08-26-2008, 08:53 PM
is it really easy to sing ive never tried that song

edd__
08-26-2008, 09:15 PM
If you're after the Flawless Achievements ("Flawless Groove", "Flawless Singing", etc.), I'd recommend getting "Roxanne". It's short, fun, and straightforward.
I've got all of those achievements, but thanks anyway.

Mythtakes
08-27-2008, 10:28 AM
Of the packs I've downloaded (most of them), I'd say the Boston pack is the one that I enjoy playing the most.