PDA

View Full Version : Two profiles, one hard drive, anyway to get arcade game on both

Missis Beki
08-22-2008, 04:09 PM
I downloaded an arcade game on my main profile but i also want it on my second profile but im not paying the 800msp again.
Is there anyway of getting it on my second profile?
Its showing up as a trial game on the second account at the moment.

Crimson Ridley
08-22-2008, 04:44 PM
I would of thought that as the long as the owner's profile was there, you could play the game on another profile. I have played Street Fighter 2, Small Arms and others that I haven't bought, but are my friends.

Are you connected to Live while trying to play them?
Do you have the profile who owns the game on the same storage device? (Don't know if this will help)
Maybe try signing in on both profiles, see if that might help....

However, I don't think it is possible to play the game without the owners profile there at the same time, so if you are trying to get it to another console that you won't be near, I don't think it is possible.

Ruthless
08-22-2008, 06:10 PM
As long as you play them while second account is connected to live and in the same 360 as was downloaded they all work... as i have had 4 differnet 360's not all my games work for my gf but most do ; )

JC
08-22-2008, 06:14 PM
It should work if you bought the XBLA game on the same 360 with the same HDD. :)

I just bought an XBLA game on my Silver US account and played it afterwards on my main Gold UK account.

Missis Beki
08-22-2008, 06:36 PM
I will give it a try in a bit and I'll let you know if it works. im just tight when it comes to MSP anyway lol

AOS Puck
08-22-2008, 06:45 PM
If your main profile bought a game on an old 360, you can only play that game on your secondary profile as a trial game unless you use the DRM tool to tie the arcade game to your current 360.

Missis Beki
08-22-2008, 07:00 PM
If your main profile bought a game on an old 360, you can only play that game on your secondary profile as a trial game unless you use the DRM tool to tie the arcade game to your current 360.
:confused: DRM tool?
the profiles are on the same xbox and same hard drive if thats what you mean

Ryot Control
08-22-2008, 07:34 PM

I forgot the actual name of the DRM tool, but its the tool that authenticates the Acrade game as to the console as if you downloaded it from there. You can use it once a year. Here is the link.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/?WT.svl=nav

AOS Puck
08-22-2008, 07:36 PM

No, I mean if you bought the arcade game on a different 360 than the one you are using now, only the account that bought it can play it unless you use the DRM tool to tie the arcade game to the current console.

Missis Beki
08-22-2008, 07:38 PM
It all sounds so very confusing i think i may just leave it, i dont want to mess with soething i dont fully understand but thanks to everyone for helping :)