PDA

View Full Version : Excited?

CloudStr1f3
08-22-2008, 07:14 PM
I guess since it's coming to the 360, most xbox users don't really care about Final Fantasy or RPG's. I, for one, can't wait for this game, I've enjoyed every single Final Fantasy, and I know I sound like a "fanboy", but some of my fondest video game memories came from Final Fantasy. Here's hoping this game is incredible!

nightmare975
08-22-2008, 07:16 PM
Since I haven't bothered to buy a PS3 yet, this is great, now if only MGS4...

DMT SpoOk
08-23-2008, 08:01 AM
i'm really excited for this game, looks great. and FF is awesome! finally one comes to xb360... other than FF XI, it was only online :(, so bleh! the only that sucks is FF XIII's release date.....

Soap of Death
08-24-2008, 03:49 PM
I've been excited for XIII since maybe XII, heh. Unless the 360 version gets some really good exclusive DLC/content, I'll be getting this for the PS3.

Figgsy91
08-24-2008, 03:50 PM
I was never really into any of the games except FF7, so I'm kind of looking foward to it.

Twilight Star
08-25-2008, 01:01 PM
I will still get this becuase its Final Fantasy although im not hyped for this no more than i was when this was first annouced, i looking forward to vsXIII more.

Gr0infro
08-26-2008, 02:49 AM
I guess since it's coming to the 360, most xbox users don't really care about Final Fantasy or RPG's.

maybe that's just from where your at. I know many, many people who are just as excited about this as me. actually, 3 people i work with are getting 360's cuz of this... and they already have ps3's. they want it because of Live. So... this looks like another crotch shot to the ps3.

Dark Scarecrow
08-29-2008, 09:37 AM
Cant ******* wait :woop:
Played them all since 6!

Gun-Nut
08-29-2008, 09:41 AM
Can't wait for this to hit :D also saves me buying a PS3 now since if I had brought one it would have been for this game alone.

KrazyKevin1
08-31-2008, 06:50 PM
I can't wait ive played every final fantasy ever. haha, hope its nothing like 12 :|:|

Matrarch
09-03-2008, 04:51 PM
I've played them all since the first, but it's been a while (since FFVII really) since a FF game has swayed my console buying decisions. Still it's great to know that I don't even have to consider a PS3 now. MGS4 was the only other big title that made me go "Uhm... maybe I wanted one of those" but now that the hype has died down for that, I don't really miss it.

So... yay FFXIII on the XBox 360! Making console buying decisions easier for RPG gamers just about everywhere. ;)

ColonelRasczak
09-09-2008, 09:48 AM
You guys are forgeting FF13: Versus which is only coming out on PS3 (according to wikipedia)

KrazyKevin1
09-09-2008, 10:28 PM
sorry... that's wrong it's coming out for 360 also now :D origionally it was only for ps3 because it was gonna be too many disc's or something. but there bringing it out now :D

ColonelRasczak
09-19-2008, 08:19 AM
sorry... that's wrong it's coming out for 360 also now :D origionally it was only for ps3 because it was gonna be too many disc's or something. but there bringing it out now :D

That's Final Fantasy XIII, I'm talking about Final Fantasy Versus XIII....here's a link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Versus_XIII

KrazyKevin1
09-19-2008, 07:54 PM
then boo that sucks! and i seem like an arsehole :D haha is this game only for ps3 then? if it is i might buy a ps3 as well...

kantizuni
09-19-2008, 08:38 PM
FF 13
FF Versus 13

Two different games. Hope that is clear enough for you.

Back on topic. I will play a demo of this game, and if it's anything like 12, i'm not going to touch it. 12 has ruined any excitement I might have had for 13.

That said, I really hope this game is awesome!

Maelmord
09-23-2008, 08:51 AM
This and Fallout 3 almost keeps me up at night with excitement :|

Cant wait!!!

And yes, 12 was a bit dissapointing... the level system was arse...

I liked the Bountyhunter system tho... really got me something to work on :)

Z3R0 S1X
09-25-2008, 05:33 PM
This should be a great game, maybe they will improve on the system from FFXII. Why do you guys not like that one? I thought it was pretty good, different from any FF game before it (which was a plus considering how repetitive the games were getting).

GoFFe
09-29-2008, 02:55 PM
Since I haven't bothered to buy a PS3 yet, this is great, now if only MGS4... Too be honest that's the only game I want, only for PS3 game that is.

The confirmation of this made me quite excited. I like Final Fantasy, and I'm glad I don't need to own a PS3 to play it.

RaidenX49
10-08-2008, 03:45 PM
I agree about 12 being a disapointment, I miss the older games like FF7, 8, 9 and 10. Those were the best Final Fantasy games, and I hate how 11 is online only it sucks. I can't wait for this to come out though, achievements in a FF game will be awesome too. Seeing as theres always hundred of things you miss in the games.

Inferno7000
10-12-2008, 02:32 AM
YES, very much so! :D

Quagmire3540
10-19-2008, 02:21 AM
It's about time Square-Enix coughed up FF series to Microsoft. By far FF is my favorite RPG. Now I do not have to buy a playstation 3... YEAH:woop: Cant wait

KellyNUTS
10-21-2008, 01:56 AM
This is one MASSIVE blow to SONY!! Tekken 6 and maybe MGS4, SONY wake up or its GAME OVER for you!!!

Heck yeah im excited, will be getting and playing the balls outta both 360 & PS3 version(s).
I hope it plays like an old Final Fantasy though, I know the traditional turn based system is gone but if it plays like XII(which still is turn based IMO, just stealthed) and has a world map that u can actually travel across, like the good ol days like in VII, VIII & the earlier games this game will consume my life :D

M85A21
10-21-2008, 08:44 AM
Can someone tell me is this going to be a single player only game like VII or X?
I didn't really like that last one on 360 because to get a 1000GS you had to pump money into your account and the man hours of 7K +...

scooke87
10-21-2008, 06:34 PM
Hell yea I'm excited. I've loved them since FFVII and then got all the ones for PSOne, and PS2, but didn't like FFXII. But I love the Final Fantasy Series and will get FFXIII on Xbox360!

05greene
11-06-2008, 05:44 PM
sme i cant wait does any on now a release im 2 excited

Megafones x360a
12-06-2008, 12:56 PM
One issue, is this going to be a PlayOnline release? I for one know my Final Fatasy XI present was ruined when I found out that on top of the game price, and the Xbox LIVE fees 'they' STILL wanted money to play the damn game.

PS. I don't suppose anybody would like Final Fantasy XI 2008 edition would they ? It's PAL

Darth MaIak
12-13-2008, 03:01 AM
I guess since it's coming to the 360, most xbox users don't really care about Final Fantasy or RPG's. I, for one, can't wait for this game, I've enjoyed every single Final Fantasy, and I know I sound like a "fanboy", but some of my fondest video game memories came from Final Fantasy. Here's hoping this game is incredible! Most don't care about Final Fantasy? Is that a joke? A majority of my friends on XBL are hardcore RPG fans... back in the PS2 days, RPGs were all we ever played! I am looking forward to this 360 title more than any title... ever. I might explode in my pants when it's released....

Megafones x360a
12-13-2008, 03:58 AM
The trailer thats recently been put up on the news section of this site makes the game look fuck!ng beautiful, it just goes to show when a game is given as much time to be perfected beyond reasoning as they do at Square Enix, you really can produce a masterpiece, a gorgeously crafted, incredibly refined, and stupendously awe-inspiring masterpiece at that.

You can probably tell that I really am looking forward to this game, and am already sh!tting myself stupid for the title after this. It's safe to say I love it, and I hope people back me up and don't make me look weird for loving this game as well as ALL other Final Fantasy games. Please people I need you.

DiamondD
12-13-2008, 04:04 AM
I'm probably going to die before I'm able to even get my hands on this game as words can't describe how much I want it.

Valcone Vadim
12-16-2008, 01:32 AM
I've put my faith in Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Versus XIII being the big things that make me really enjoy the series as I haven't enjoyed it since X, which was still a little disappointing to me (weird, I know, as I realise it's a stellar game, but I just don't like it too much :/). I really feel like these two could be a throwback to the beauties that were Final Fantasy VII, VIII and IX. Especially those first two, what with a return to a futuristic setting. Although since they released these trailers, I have a lot more faith in Final Fantasy Versus XIII than XIII. That trailer was a lot more awesome in my opinion, and the information given about the people behind it was shockingly immense. It seems they have a team working on it that is truly composed of what I would call "true Square people", that can design something that feels like the fantastic creations that Square made so awesome.

If this truly is the case, then maybe SqaureEnix will pick up the pace a bit, because I think a lot of you will notice that although they haven't released many FF games recently, the series seems to be slipping (minus Crisis Core, that was bloody hardcore). You'll even notice that these other IPs they've tried releasing haven't done too well for themselves (ala The Last Remnant, although that latter one is more about framerate issues I suppose. Don't let this be a future omen about FFXIII on 360...)

BenForTheWin
01-04-2009, 12:33 PM
Can't wait for this game, I grew up with Final Fantasy it was all I played on PS1/PS2. I'm going to get both games XIII on xbox and XIII verses on PS3.

Bloodmage391
01-05-2009, 01:11 AM
I'm really hoping that something happens with Versus, because it looks endlessly more interesting to me than FFXIII does. Of course, I'm not much looking forward to having to get a PS3 just for Versus, so I really don't know what to do.

Here's hoping Versus gets ported to 360 too, though I can't much count on it.

jayson583
01-07-2009, 11:01 AM
just cause we own xboxs doesnt mean weve never played anything else, I just hope this game doesnt turn out awful like crystal caravan or whatever it was called for the gamecube

Pearson
01-17-2009, 08:09 PM
I am very excited about this game, I haven't played an traditional FF game since FF:X on the PS2. Didn't get to play FF:XII because my PS2 was stolen shortly after I finished X, I've played the FF:XI beta, but really didn't get into it much. Since then I've been dying to play FF and finally will get to play one on my 360! :woop:

xXx3NIGM4xXx
01-22-2009, 11:49 AM
To say I'm excited could be a bit of an understatement. I love Final Fantasy, and Square Enix in general. I am just barely going to start The Last Remnant and after that Infinite Undiscovery. I love RPGs and am very happy that Japanese devs are giving us 360 users a chance to play their games.

alex31991
01-25-2009, 10:44 PM
I'm excited for this game...it looks amazing

DrUnKk
02-04-2009, 07:04 AM
I'm wondering what the real difference will be between the PS3 release and XBOX releases. I already know of a few games that have more content beacuse of the capacity of the blue ray disc, I wonder how this will affect us on the xbox release and if it will look anywhere as good as the PS3 one will.

I also hope they don't stick too many pre-order only extras on them like some other titles have been doing. Lost Odyssey pissed me off having to get DLC to get all of the items (I'm a massive completionist freak when it comes to RPG's).

Anyhow, I'm glad they did finally move to the xbox....though I'm kinda pissed that I bought a PS3 in anticipation of this game a while ago. Well, at least I got a BR player out of the deal.

chanman
02-05-2009, 09:35 AM
I'm looking forward to playing this game, and FF7 is EPIC! a remake would be cool.

ezekiel 08
02-08-2009, 02:59 PM
I just excited about the game. I'll be getting it for the PS3 as it's released on it first and then the 360 for the achievements :p.

I'm just hoping the PS3 version has a kicking Collectors Edition ;).

Cpt Jack House
02-24-2009, 04:02 AM
i love the FF series so YES i am excited

em0 pie
03-03-2009, 12:14 AM
my god i love final fantasy can't wait played every one and loved them all except 12 for some reason, i cant really say why either.

Mongolian Beef
05-10-2009, 05:28 AM
I'm excited for FFXIII and VS for the ps3.

Kairi
05-17-2009, 12:21 PM
I can't wait for this game! I almost bought a PS3 because this game was originally a PS3 exclusive. Can't wait for the first real Final fantasy game on 360. Too bad Final Fantasy XI was only an online game.

ThaElectroGypsy
05-26-2009, 09:09 PM
Been waiting 5 yrs. cant F***in wait!

PaNDeMiCZz
05-26-2009, 09:12 PM
I've played every Final Fantasy since Final Fantasy VII and I adore them, I can't wait for this to come out :D

Double 02
06-02-2009, 05:21 AM
I've never really played FF besides a bit of DoS and VII, looking forward to probably purchasing this game though.

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
06-02-2009, 06:41 PM
Never played FF games, never been much of an RPG JRPG fan but played and playing Lost Oddyssey and its pretty cool and will get FF no doubt.

My problem with how this looks is how many fucking numbers can they get on the screen at one time with the damage amount of a certain hit etc. Its crazy, Im watching the fighting and everywhere you look are bloody numbers. Far too over the top.

craigyboy9024
06-04-2009, 10:31 PM
this game is a must have for me, i just cant wait for its release!!
my favourite gaming momens have all bin with FF i think i have played a vast majority of the games and have loved evry1 of them!

You cant beat a good FF storyline, it has evrything to keep u utterly hooked!
combat system always has issues but it neva takes anythin from the story which is usually y i enjoy the game

hoping for an awsome combat system so i can find my game of the year XD

gears of crabs
06-04-2009, 11:39 PM
ive been a lifelong ff fan and will prolly be buying this as soon as it comes out, im just kind of worried because i havent really seen anything by square enix lately that hasnt been above decent. and the whole frnt mission evolved thing pisses me off. im pretty sure ff is too holy for them to fuck it up to badly lol

DJHirst
06-07-2009, 12:01 PM
OMG i cnt wait any longer FF XIII is great. lots of peeps dis FF 12 i for one loved it. have any of u heard bout FF 14 ohhhhhhh now that looks gd

PaTrIcK_88
06-15-2009, 05:35 PM
OMG i cnt wait any longer FF XIII is great. lots of peeps dis FF 12 i for one loved it. have any of u heard bout FF 14 ohhhhhhh now that looks gd

ya whats the story with final fantasy 14? i heard it was online coming out late next year eary 2011 anyone no?:confused: cant wait for this game though:woop:i wish the demo came to xbox:(

Nero Mystyra
06-16-2009, 06:38 AM
FF14 is nothing but a stupid MMORPG like FF11. It shouldn't even be considered a Final Fantasy, it should be called an online game that sucks your money.

FF13 however is the bomb from what i've seen so far. Amazing Graphics, fun turn based battle system, interesting characters and a story that i'm curious about.

Wonder if it will be better than Lost Odyssey? That was an incredible RPG, the best one on the Xbox so far. Wonder if FF13 will claim that title once it's released?

The Xbox needs more mind blowing RPG's like this. FFS no more crappy blue dragon please we want awesome RPG's that actually make sense

xentaria
10-14-2009, 10:00 PM
Ive really got high hopes for this game, im hoping its going to be the next ff7. I think that from ff9 onwards the series has lost its touch, dont get me wrong i LOVE the final fantasy series im a junkie for the games lol, but i honestly do think that since squaresoft became square-enix and hironobu sackaguchi left the company the games really have lost that special something they once had. FFxi shouldn't have even been given a main series title, should've just been called 'final fantasy online' or summit.yea ff12 was good and crisis core was a great nod to the fans, but even dissidia wasn't all that great. Seems like these days they're just putting the brand name on anything just to make it sell, crystal chronicles, chocobo stables, BAH! yea younger target audience but seriously! Theres been more crappy spin off games than there has been main series!
But anyway all that aside i honestly do think square-enix have realised this and are putting their hearts and souls into the ff13 series, so far the game looks amazing, the story sounds interesting, the characters seem likeable, i really do think this could be the best RPG of recent years, i even think it will top lost odyssey (and i loved lost odyssey)
Good luck square

Paka
11-25-2009, 02:38 PM
VERY excited! I have to admit when I took the plunge and decided to finally buy a new console, knowing that FFXIII was coming to the 360 was one of the factors that helped sway me away from a PS3. I've been playing the series since the original (X is my favorite so far, though Tidus was annoying IMO) and I liked XII better than most people.

As an aside, I'm a huge RPG nut, and am very happy with my 360 purchase-- plenty of great stuff to play, Fable 2, Tales of Vesperia, Blue Dragon, TES: Oblivion (and I got the original Xbox Morrowwind), Mass Effect, ect. I just wish the Dragon Quest/Dragon Warrior series could be brought to the 360 as well!

sweatdog
11-25-2009, 03:44 PM
Hell, yeah, I'm excited about this game. . VII and X are widely considered to be the best in the series, which is no coincidence since it seems that they spend more time and effort on the first installment when they bring FF to a new generation. I'm hoping for a similar leap in quality for XIII (and no, I don't consider XI a game for this generation, since it was designed for PC and PS2).

All the FPS fans are crowing about the great games that have come out this season (Modern Warfare 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Borderlands, etc.), but Dragon Age was really the only one of the big titles for us RPG fans. I think Final Fantasy XIII will be our Modern Warfare 2 this spring.

sleepydumbdude
12-16-2009, 07:34 PM
I'm not as excited as I was for some of the previous ones but I did take my vacation week for after the day it comes out. Been doing it every year for Final Fantasy releases since I played sick for a week for FFVII. Minus XI, X2 and handheld ones just the core games. I was in XI's beta and didn't play it since.

Cypher_Cobra
12-16-2009, 07:49 PM
If I was put into a position where I was forced to choose FF13 or another game, the only game I'd choose over FF13 is StarCraft 2.