PDA

View Full Version : Other starwars games

BigFellaJake
08-22-2008, 08:41 PM
i know this is the wrong place to post a thread like this. but with the majority of star wars fans on here at the moment i thought it would be a good place.

my main question is what were your best starwars games?

my favourate of the collection was the phantom menace on PS1, with battlefront and republic commando behind it.

also, does anyone know of any sequel to republic commando? because the cliffhanger at the end is annoying.

(i'll delete the thread if needed)

Taker447
08-22-2008, 09:03 PM
Battlefront 1 & 2 for me. best SW games i have played in years.

Phil the Bear
08-22-2008, 09:08 PM
Totally agree with Republic Commando - not heard of a sequel either.

Plus Rogue Leader on the Gamecube and Lego Star Wars: TCS (does that count?)

CLAPSTER
08-22-2008, 09:33 PM
Republic commando should have a sequel or heck they could remake it, I'd be happy with that. :) I also like KOTOR I remember seeing there is a 3rd coming out? :confused: If yes. :woop:

BigFellaJake
08-22-2008, 10:14 PM
Totally agree with Republic Commando - not heard of a sequel either.

Plus Rogue Leader on the Gamecube and Lego Star Wars: TCS (does that count?)

is that the one where you start out as luke and you go through his story?

and its any starwars game you thought stood out from the rest.
i never played any of the kotors though :(

SevDelta
08-22-2008, 10:45 PM
KOTOR was good. I never finished either of them (I rented them) and I loved Battlefront 1 and 2 but then I got into Battlefield which was better than Battlefront. Republic Commando was downright awesome and Rogue Squadron for the N64 was one I played for years.

Iadaenei
08-22-2008, 11:39 PM
Star Wars Galaxies (pre-combat upgrade) the best game ever :p
Also loved the battlefronts, the Kotors, Jedi academy and Empire at war.
oh and the force unleashed of course (played the demo like 10 times :s)

LK-1987
08-22-2008, 11:49 PM
Star Wars Galaxies (pre-combat upgrade) the best game ever :p
Also loved the battlefronts, the Kotors, Jedi academy and Empire at war.
oh and the force unleashed of course (played the demo like 10 times :s)

^the same for me except for Empire at War...never played it

Gun-Nut
08-23-2008, 01:01 AM
Jedi Outcast & Jedi Academy :D

What The Buck?
08-23-2008, 01:04 AM
I can't quite remember the name but i will give you a description.

So, it was on the PS1 and Obi-Wan and Luke are the main chars and pretty much you just shoot bad guys...Sorry, thats all i can remember, it was a long time ago!

But it was brilliant!

exo-apollo
08-23-2008, 06:19 AM
Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 are not just my favourite star wars games but two of my favourite overall games as well. I also enjoyed Rebel Assault. It was terrible game but crushingly hard. I was about 5 when I first played that.

good ol boy366
08-23-2008, 09:50 AM
KOTOR, KOTOR, KOTOR!!! one of my favorite games of all time...i also loved battlefront 1 and 2, shadows of the empire, and masters of teras kasi.

Phil the Bear
08-24-2008, 01:05 PM
is that the one where you start out as luke and you go through his story?

and its any starwars game you thought stood out from the rest.
i never played any of the kotors though :(

Rogue Leader was the one where you flew vehicles mostly as Luke or Wedge I think and included levels on Hoth where you used Snowspeeders and flew X-Wings, Y-Wings etc.

I remember you got something for playing the training mission at different times of the day and messing with my Gamecube clock to do it at dawn, dusk, night and day! Can't remember what you got though!

They should get the people who made Ace Combat to do a sequel! (Although there already was a sequel and that was naff - had sections where you got out on foot in it)

Ben Sharpe
08-24-2008, 01:10 PM
Only really played one properly and it was The Phantom Menace on the PC and it was awesome.

DerEnglaender
08-24-2008, 02:08 PM
Jedi Outcast & Jedi Academy :D

haha :'( those 2 were horrible in comparison to jedi knight: dark forces II and its expansion mysteries of the sith.
TPM was a great game too.

Figgsy91
08-24-2008, 02:15 PM
The best multiplayer ones were Battlefront 2 and Jedi Knight, which was the best cause you could make your own jedi and play against bots. Just imagine a Wookiee Jedi and thats that game.

But tbh, I have loved evry game from Super Star Wars to Demolision.

P.S This is a shot of the first ever SW game:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/46/StarWars_Electron.gif

Lol, check this out

YouTube - Super Star Wars

BigFellaJake
08-24-2008, 06:37 PM
that game looks awesome :O. what console is it for?

Figgsy91
08-24-2008, 06:39 PM
Super Nintendo. It was the first game I ever played and it was good, never could beat game :(

Super Empire Strikes Back & Return Of The Jedi were fun too :biglaugh

BigFellaJake
08-24-2008, 06:47 PM
wow, i found this game in my psone collection. i dont think alot of people have really played it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Rebel_Assault_II_-_The_Hidden_Empire

Figgsy91
08-24-2008, 06:49 PM
OMG! I remember that! It's got 2 discs hasn't it?

I found a video of the other Super Star Wars games:

YouTube - Super Empire Strikes Back

YouTube - Super Return of the Jedi

BigFellaJake
08-24-2008, 06:56 PM
yeah it has got 2 disks. wow, i didnt think anyone else would of played it, it seems like theres hardly any copys of the game when it came out

Figgsy91
08-24-2008, 07:08 PM
I don't remember what happened to it though :(

I used to stay up all night playing that and tomb raider :biglaugh

BigFellaJake
08-24-2008, 07:15 PM
tomb raider was awesome, number 2 is the best. i just saw the videos and some of the bosses are messed up. you have to fight a shield generator and the carbon freezing chamber :P

DHsBnDtNvrWs
08-24-2008, 08:20 PM
Jedi Outcast and Academy for me thank you very much. I also enjoyed Empire at War and its expansion.

Aussiegore
08-25-2008, 01:10 PM
Kotor 1&2, Jedi academy and Jedi outcast. I all so own the first two Jedi outcast series were Kyle Katan's father(Morgen) dies and he joins the dark side XD it's 2D and the cinematic are real people acting and know what? the actor playing Katan looked pretty much identical to the Npc Katan.

GalaxyRed13
08-25-2008, 11:20 PM
I can't quite remember the name but i will give you a description.

So, it was on the PS1 and Obi-Wan and Luke are the main chars and pretty much you just shoot bad guys...Sorry, thats all i can remember, it was a long time ago!

But it was brilliant!

The only game on the PSOne that had on-foot sequences was Phantom Menace, and that had Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. There was also Jedi Power Battles, but that was more of an arcade game.

Darth Rankine
08-31-2008, 08:36 PM
I liked KOTOR 1 and 2, both Battlefronts, and Jedi Power Battles the best. Lego Star Wars was okay too.

HAHAyurDEAD
09-01-2008, 12:13 PM
My Favorites would have to be KOTOR, KOTOR II, Battlefronts, Battlefronts II, and Republic Commando.

gingerCHRIS123
09-02-2008, 07:55 AM
Knights of the old republic 1 and 2 easily are the best, with battlefront 2 and republic commando on a close second

donkeydood15
09-05-2008, 02:25 PM
Seems no one has heard of Star Wars Supremacy / Rebellion for the PC. (Supremacy for UK residents)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Rebellion

I used to love that game. Though I used to suck at it... Still do >_>

Malefic
09-06-2008, 06:21 AM
I liked kotor 1 & 2, I never did get a chance to play republic commando, pretty much regret not doing so.

frozen sp0nge
09-07-2008, 09:01 AM
episode 1 racer (pod raceing game ) for n64 i played that non stop also phantom menace. that was the reason i bought a ps1

YanksForTheWin
09-08-2008, 04:49 AM
I'd say The Best of StarWars Collection for the PC.

It comes with:

1) Empire at War
2) Battlefront
3) Republic Commando
4) Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
5) And KOTOR! (this alone is worth buying let alone all of the above)

and a trial for SWG but no one seems to like it anymore after "the patch". Lol

Strongbow
09-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Well there are lots of great Star Wars games some of my fave's being - Star Wars Battlefront II (PC/360/PS3), Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron 2 (GC), Rogue Squadron 64 (N64), Star Wars Galaxies (PC) and both KOTOR I/II (PC/360). There are a load more Star Wars games out there that are really good, but the one's I listed are some of the best IMO.

Foxhound300
09-10-2008, 12:12 AM
Best star wars games IMO

Jedi Outcast
Jedi Academy
KOTOR
KOTORII
Republic Commando
Star Wars Clone Wars
Rouge Squadron
Battlefront II
Jedi Power Battles
Sega Star Wars Arcade
Shadows of the Empire (though I only played a few times)

Yeah i think that's everything....

sk0m
09-10-2008, 12:57 AM
Best star wars games IMO

Jedi Outcast
Jedi Academy
KOTOR
KOTORII
Republic Commando
Star Wars Clone Wars
Rouge Squadron
Battlefront II
Jedi Power Battles
Sega Star Wars Arcade
Shadows of the Empire (though I only played a few times)

Yeah i think that's everything....

:whs

with the addition of Star Wars Galaxies (before Sony screwed it up with the NGE update)

Hopefully The KOTOR team will show Sony how it's done with their KOTOR MMO! :woop:

Ghinn
09-12-2008, 12:49 PM
Wow, thanks guys, way to make me feel old. I can't believe that only a small minority of people mentioned the first Jedi Knight. What about before that? Rebel Assault, anyone? Personally, I loved X-Wing Alliance, for the PC. That was right around the time the MS Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro came out, and I remember spending an insanely long time mapping the controls the way I wanted them. Also, Shadows of the Empire, and the first two Rogue Squadrons. And just to take it WAY back, I still have a copy of Empire Strikes Back for the Atari.

freeleeday
09-12-2008, 05:09 PM
Seems no one has heard of Star Wars Supremacy / Rebellion for the PC. (Supremacy for UK residents)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Rebellion

I used to love that game. Though I used to suck at it... Still do >_>

Rebellion was one of my all time favorite games. Saddly, i just traded it away via Goozex.com for points to get the new SW: TFU.

curious to what goozex is, check my sig.