PDA

View Full Version : preorder at game?

Skullboynat
08-23-2008, 01:33 AM
Hey, I'm probably going to preorder the special edition of fable 2 and the new viva pinata at Game some day soon. I was just wondering, if i dont have enough money to buy the game on release day. Would game still email the free code for fable pub games, and would i still get my 10free pinata cards?
I might not have enough for the games untill up too 3 weeks after release.

Also does anyone know if Game will hold it for me for that long?

Thanks, skullboynat.

baddawg12
08-23-2008, 02:15 AM
Depends. If you get the code early and don't have enough, you should be fine with the code. If you get the code emailed when you have the full purchase, you probably won't get the code or any free stuff. You'll possibly be refunded your pre-order as well.

dudecrazy108
08-23-2008, 02:23 AM
Well if its like Bad Company then you will get it when you pre order it then ask for it but I know most places will only hold it for 48 hours after release then they put it back on shelves.

Crimson Ridley
08-23-2008, 04:20 AM
Stupid GAME, still haven't given me my code! They told me to keep going into the store, like I have nothing better to do. Achievements aren't going to unlock themselves!

vI Starlight Iv
08-23-2008, 10:13 PM
Stupid GAME, still haven't given me my code! They told me to keep going into the store, like I have nothing better to do. Achievements aren't going to unlock themselves!

lololol this made me chuckle

i doubt you will be able to do that dodgy stuff lol

Skullboynat
08-23-2008, 11:03 PM
So, if i preorder fable 2. I should get the free pub games code, then i still dont HAVE TO buy fable 2 from Game.

SpeedKills3255
08-23-2008, 11:19 PM
they may charge you like a 5 dollar fee for not picking it up in 2 days also.

Missis Beki
08-23-2008, 11:28 PM
Game have changed their policy on the pub codes, if you ordered before 5pm on 21/08/2008 you should get the codes soon however if you ordered them after 5pm on 21/08/2008 you will not get the codes untill release day for fable2.
This is to stop people getting the code and cancelling the pre-order.
But as for not being able to pay untill a few weeks after you will be out of luck, my friend used to work for game and any pre-orders that arent claimed within 72 hours are then sold maybe sooner if there is a huge demand for the game!

Crimson Ridley
08-23-2008, 11:33 PM
Game have changed their policy on the pub codes, if you ordered before 5pm on 21/08/2008 you should get the codes soon however if you ordered them after 5pm on 21/08/2008 you will not get the codes untill release day for fable2.
This is to stop people getting the code and cancelling the pre-order.
But as for not being able to pay untill a few weeks after you will be out of luck, my friend used to work for game and any pre-orders that arent claimed within 72 hours are then sold maybe sooner if there is a huge demand for the game!

AHH!! That means GAME are screwing me up the arse! I preordered weeks ago. Where the hell is my code? It's that damn bold dude with the glasses, I knew he never liked me ever since I beat his score on Madhouse on Guitar Hero 2! OH that's it, I'm going down there tomorrow, damn shop making me move away from my 360, how dare they!? But, free is free and free's for me.

Wehttam
08-23-2008, 11:58 PM
I went into the local Game and they had no clue about the free pub games even though it was on their website and the guy told me to order it from there. So i pre- ordered on the 22nd at about 3pm and received my pub games code in about 1 hour and a bit.

JJOR64
08-25-2008, 10:26 PM
I really don't know if my Gamestop is going to give away free codes.