PDA

View Full Version : Will anyone get this?

vI-Youneek-Iv
08-23-2008, 04:43 AM
I know I am gonna get this game because I like Lord of the Rings but there is another called the White Council coming as well. So will anyone get both or just one of them?

Wargasm
08-23-2008, 04:53 AM
im not a big fan of lord of the rings games but ill give the demo a shot prolly

TooMuchCowbell
08-23-2008, 05:55 AM
Huge LOTR fan here. Even though I love the series, I will probably just rent this, if it blows my mind then I will buy it. But yea, I loved the Star Wars Battlefront games, and adding Lord of the Rings into it will be awesome.

I haven't heard too much about White Council yet though, have to see how that turns out.

vI-Youneek-Iv
08-23-2008, 03:33 PM
Well its not gonna be a RTS thank god(I really don't like RTS) you can choose from like 4 different types of character to be and they all have special abilities like Scout or a Mage or Warrior etc...

ITD Soldierboy
08-23-2008, 06:14 PM
White Council was canceled guys. Thats why they're making this game, because the other had financial problems, or development problems or something.

Edit: Here is a quote:

On February 2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/February_2), 2007 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007), however, it was announced that the game had been delayed indefinitely. This was said to be due to management problems. EA worked with Pandemic Studios (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandemic_Studios) to create The Lord of the Rings: Conquest (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lord_of_the_Rings:_Conquest) instead.

ostriker
08-24-2008, 09:18 PM
the 16 online sounds fun but can we change weapon gain abilities or etc? basic fight will get bored

benmou13
08-24-2008, 09:26 PM
white council is out of production, think their waiting for some1 to pick it up and invest.

TooMuchCowbell
08-24-2008, 10:36 PM
I checked out White Council's wiki page and it didn't say anything about it being canceled, it just said it is waiting on a release date. Goes to show what happens when you trust Wikipedia.

eXtreme 1138
08-26-2008, 10:49 PM
It's a shame about white council, but I may get this one if I have some spare cash.

ITD Soldierboy
08-27-2008, 05:23 AM
yes, it wasn't canceled. Atleast thats not what they're calling it. They're calling it being delayed indefinitely, which sadly probably means its canceled.

I would bet that it doesn't come out anyway.

But back on track, I'm getting this game, even though I know EA will probably fu*k it up.

Gorjira
09-07-2008, 02:51 PM
I'll be getting it. I love the idea that you can continue where the movie left off...And take over middle earth!

beezelBug
09-10-2008, 12:00 PM
I'll definitely be getting it. Hopefully it will out next year as there are enough titles released this year. It's something I'd wait for

Rugger X
09-22-2008, 05:52 PM
I'm definitely getting this game, I love Lord of the Rings and really cant wait to get into this.

GrAgOt
11-13-2008, 11:43 PM
i'm a huge fan of lotr so i will probably get it

StolenKyle/
12-08-2008, 11:29 PM
I'm getting this, I have been waiting for it for awhile.

nivadelak
12-09-2008, 12:54 AM
sounds really fun. ill at the very least rent it for sure, iffy about buying it though since my moneys already going to skate 2

d00gler
12-09-2008, 02:31 AM
Hopefully the game's as vast as it's described to be in it's article on this and other sites. I like the fact that you can play both sides...

Stupid Hobbitses10 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpgKill 300 hobbits in the Shire in one playthrough ("Rise of Sauron" Campaign).

That sounds really fun. Those little hairy appendage-having bastards creep me out.

cheesyp00fs
12-10-2008, 09:13 PM
might buy one of them later on..have to see which is better first though...

terrandragon
01-07-2009, 05:05 AM
I will most likely buy it, fighting battles not mentioned or in the movies sounds great! The multiplayer will be loads of fun, the game types sound enjoyable.

bloodswan
01-07-2009, 10:48 AM
I will be getting it.

Squirrel257
01-07-2009, 11:08 AM
I try to get a couple of new release games every month or two (it's what my college scholarship goes to :D). This game looks pretty fun so I'll probably get it :)

If I change my mind later on, I can just trade it in :)

eviltb
01-07-2009, 12:56 PM
This one will probably be a rental for me, the demo really didnt do anything amazingto warrant paying retail for it.

miguel56
01-11-2009, 11:10 PM
I saw my friend playing the demo and it didnt look fun at all, I guess I should try it out before I judge though.......

vI-Youneek-Iv
01-13-2009, 05:37 AM
I've played the demo I think it's amazing, choosing from good and evil the class abilities and the best part online play :uzi:. Choosing from different monsters from the evil campaign in the demo was awesome:Bounce:.

ritchie117
01-13-2009, 06:44 PM
Ive never tried LOTR games, think this will be my first:locked
http://card.mygamercard.net/NL/crest/ritchie117.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/ritchie117)

PhoenixRising17
01-14-2009, 09:28 PM
I dont get it because I allready got it :D

ninja monkey
01-14-2009, 10:20 PM
not too sure getting some mixed reviews about it, I'm just going to rent it first than decided whether or not I'll buy it.

FonduYouLoveMe
01-14-2009, 10:24 PM
I think I may pick this up on friday, but I just want to make sure that all the other reviews dont tank like they did on ign

Lebowski
01-14-2009, 10:59 PM
I wouldnt normally touch games like this with a barge pole, but holy hell.
The multiplayer is one of the funnest multiplayers I have played in ages.

Its so good!

ovoon7
01-15-2009, 12:20 AM
White Council has been announced that production has only stopped for now and that it will continue soon. Guesses are that it will release with "The Hobbit". Thank God its not by EA, because they are unimaginative bastards who only try to recreate the movie stuff (even though they have both licenses now) and can't make middle earth right. It's only about "epic battles" and some stuff in the movie. LOTRO did an excellent job with Eriador and Moria. They followed the book and a bit of the movies ideas.

Bloody_Hitman666
01-15-2009, 03:29 AM
well im getting white council for sure because its an rpg...but i did get conquest and it is just horrible. the demo was fun and that. but if you play play instant action by yourself its just plan gay because you get knocked down 24/7 but the campaign is ok. and online seems more gay then demo just because all people do is either be the mage and protect, heal, attack or when they vs archers they just jump around. in the demo i never saw any of that. i am most likely going to be returning this game immidiately after i beat the campaigns and get the achievements...theres only 310 gs that i am not going to get for this because its online. and its pretty gay for online achievements because you have to do them in 1 game. like you have to kill 30 ppl in one game or backstab 10 ppl in one game. at least i think it has to be one game. but overall i would give this game probalby a 4 out of 10

Alyssaphanboi
01-15-2009, 06:21 PM
I was just at the store today to get it but it wasn't there. Maybe it had sold out already? Also some stuff I am reading says it is not coming out till like the 16th so like maybe I got confused. But I am checking back at the store over this long weekend and really want this game.

My nephew has Battlefront on his PS2 and it is cool and so I figure I will like this game and like I like LOTR better then SW anyhow and stuff.

Cynicalfate
01-15-2009, 07:09 PM
I personally dont really like lotr but i loved star wars battlefront and the idea of that game so ill be getting this for sure not a very big fan of star wars either but i loved the gameplay and online always got so intense

So this is a deff buy for me already got it and love it