Boss and melee.. wtf?

AnimusInfinito

Does anyone else have serious issues actually making contact with the vulnerable parts of the bosses (especially the damn dog in Hel) with melee? I decided to go with a berserker the first time through and it's been practically useless on bosses. I ended up pulling out my ranged weapon to kill most of the bosses and of course that took ages since beserkers to crappy ranged dmg. Anyone have any good way of actually doing dmg to bosses with melee wpns?

Not sure you can on some of them. Atleast when I used the champion it didn't seem like the melee was working on the larger ones. Atleast not untill I didn't see thier life go down when I was using range. The last boss I used range and at times it did nothing so I had to use melee and that worked fine.

Grendel you can do pretty much all melee. When it's on all fours just charge it then roll/dodge when he attacks. When he goes up on feet first time just ruiner(will freeze him) then jump up and air attack his mid section. Goes down on all fours next(rinse and repeat first strategy). Final on legs requires ranged(for me) because I can't jump that high. Easy to kill though with secondary rifle fire. Second boss ranged at beginning(you know the part) then melee on ground. Third boss melee off legs and mid section then secondary rifle on arms. Dog you can melee the head off but is mostly secondary rifle fire. Final boss you can melee the whole time just make sure you destroy those shield generators ASAP. NOTE: I've avoided using names just in case of spoilers but pretty much everyone should know who I mean. So I'd say it's pretty much even.

Hmm true the two humanoid bosses you can melee and grendel for sure. Even the robot boss (not grendel) was somewhat hit or miss my guy would sit in the air swinging near the chest piece and hit it every 3rd swing or so and the arms as you noted were basically impossible to hit. I think the dog was by far the worst though, I tried to attack it's head and then I would go target it with the gun and the sword even though they look like they were making contact didn't actually do any dmg. It seems kind of bogus that the melee is so screwy on some of the bosses, did they not do any play testing or something?

• 2 weeks later...

For Grndl-1 and Everlasting Hate, I'd rather range them than risk getting hit while I melee them. Sure Grndl-1 is pretty safe and the easiest of them all. But Hate, well let's just say I've died 33 times on him alone with my Berzerker on a Solo Co-Op run.

For Garm, ranged all the way. Even after his shields go down and he covers his face in shame, he'll probably be up again before you get to him (unless you were pretty close while shooting at him to begin with).

Hod, I've never killed without dying while trying to blow up his platforms. But when you're at the bottom floor, melee, slide and roll is the way to go.

Hel, only things that bugged me while I was a Bio was the constant zombie spawns and that purple beam. Besides that She would've been cake. She was on my Zerker.

You can hit all of the bosses with melee its just a pain in the ass for the troll and dog boss since the targetting on them for melee blows. With my champion I had a hard time targetting the troll boss's right arm to finish him off and of course I died and lost my unstoppable ach. You just have to shift to their sides to hit the other body parts and hope they dont move. Its better to just use your gun on most of the bosses and melee any adds.

For GRNDL-1, Hod, and Hel can be beaten with melee, but Garm you have to go ranged, and I haven't fought Everlasting Hate enough times to know when to attack and when to dodge.

With GRNDL-1, whenever he's on all fours, melee him to high hell, he can't do much to counter it. For Hod, don't forget, you can use fierce attacks on the towers, it drops them much quick than just pure ranged fighting. As for Hel, she is the easiest boss, next to GRNDL-1, you should know what to do.

As for Garm, you have no choice but to go ranged, but try to stay close when his armor is almost gone so you can hit him quickly while he's down. It's not much, but it's better than shooting.

Edited by Asian47