PDA

View Full Version : SotW 35 + Poll

TwistedFate
08-24-2008, 04:08 AM
Bullets & Guns has been pulled from the poll due to lack of votes.

Song for the Week: Outside

Divisions:
Drums, Medium
Guitar, Medium
Vocals, Medium

Drums, Hard
Guitar, Hard
Vocals, Hard

Drums, Expert
Guitar, Expert
Vocals, Expert

You may enter as many divisions as you wish, however, you can only win in one division per instrument. If you switch difficulties on a particular instrument mid-week, your last entry is the one that counts.

Score is what matters. The highest score in each division wins.

If you win on Medium or Hard you must move up at least one difficulty level the following week or sit the week out. If you win on Expert you must stay on Expert until you lose or sit out a week.

A screenshot of the score screen that appears after the song is completed must be posted. No other screens will be accepted as proof of score. Please have the following easily identifiable: song name, score, and instrument icon.

If you win all three instruments, No more than 1 may be Medium difficulty, in a given week (Hat Trick), you get to pick the song for the following week.

There will be no ties. First person to post a score in a division gets credit for it. Only post a score if it is higher than a score already posted.

Contest will run from Midnight (EST) Saturday to Midnight (EST) the following Saturday. The contest closes at Midnight, whether I actually post that the contest is closed or not. I will not accept any entries posted after that time.

The songs are chosen at random by computer from a list of songs that have not been played yet. I have no input into what song comes next on the list.

Special Rule for Hat Trick
In the case of multiple winning Hat Tricks posted in the same week, the following system will be used to determine the winner. Each difficulty is assigned a handicapping point value. Each Medium entry gets 1 points, each Hard entry gets 2 points, and each Expert entry gets 3 points. The person whose Hat Trick entry has the highest number of points is the winner.

Ties follow the same rules as individual entries. First one posted wins.

Special Note: Send me a PM with your song request when you think you have a Hat Trick. It prevents troubles in getting the next song up.

================================================== ===

Big thanks to soccerplaya for getting these started, and OldWIKI Tik for doing the banner graphics for both contests.

Feel free to discuss any issues you have with the contests with me.

SebastianSB
08-24-2008, 06:09 AM
voted for The Pixies of course...I'm addicted to the Doolittle album.

killerharu45
08-24-2008, 07:16 AM
For once, I think I may participate in one of these. And I voted for dirty little secret as its the only one i own :p

animeaddict42
08-24-2008, 05:02 PM
C'mon people, Closer to the Heart ftw! Anyway, the drum bass beat this week is kinda tricky, but I think I'll still give it a shot.

nightmare975
08-24-2008, 05:05 PM
Oh god, Outside, I hate the Hammer ons at the beginning of the song. X_X

I voted for Dirty Little Secret, though I doubt I'll get a good enough score.

Crimsonthrone
08-24-2008, 05:16 PM
i voted for closer to the heart just downloaded and gold stared it love that song.

XVx KILL SWITCH
08-24-2008, 05:37 PM
not a fan of any of those

edd__
08-24-2008, 11:03 PM
i love Outside ;D gunna try my hardest to FC it on guitar, but it's unlikely. will be fun to play nonetheless

Matrarch
08-24-2008, 11:33 PM
OOf, this song's a toughie. I'm usually good through the intro, but my timing gets messed up badly when you get to the sections where, for example, you'll be hitting a Blue/Red chord and after the third or forth one, you get a red hammer on to blue, then back to chords.

I may try to sing it, but my voice has been coming and going.

C'mon Closer to the Heart. I really love playing that song. :D Dirty Little Secret's alright, I just find Closer to the Heart more entertaining.

Dla911
08-25-2008, 12:58 AM
hmm, Outside This song is a Weird one i will give it a go this week.

@twisted
Had a Idea, If a few songs are not voted for, for a few weeks, (how about a Change in them?) and try them later on

TwistedFate
08-25-2008, 01:42 AM
@twisted
Had a Idea, If a few songs are not voted for, for a few weeks, (how about a Change in them?) and try them later on

Man, I wish I had thought of that. Oh wait...

Bullets & Guns has been pulled from the poll due to lack of votes.

First sentence of the first post. I talked about doing this when I first started doing the polls, and I said it again 2 weeks ago when I posted the poll.

itsmatt338
08-25-2008, 01:55 AM
I may actually try this! It seems real fun.

XVx KILL SWITCH
08-25-2008, 02:34 AM

First sentence of the first post. I talked about doing this when I first started doing the polls, and I said it again 2 weeks ago when I posted the poll.
Hey Dla, did you just type for the fun of it or...

Dex
08-25-2008, 06:22 AM
*Ahem*
If I may quote a friend of mine from another thread (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1091230&postcount=4);

Like we pay attention to what you say. ;)

:drunk

HoodMod
08-25-2008, 07:25 AM
I'll post something soon, I almost FC'd this song earlier but choked like hell after the solo. I hate that weird little chord progression, everything about this song is bizarre and difficult...Also Closer to the Heart FTW, if it doesn't win I will make multiple accounts.

Dla911
08-25-2008, 12:15 PM

did not even read that part, i usally just Read what the song is, and you usally say there is a update in rules so.

TwistedFate
08-25-2008, 05:05 PM
*Ahem*
If I may quote a friend of mine from another thread (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1091230&postcount=4); :drunk

LOL, touche.

edd__
08-26-2008, 12:11 AM
Not entered this for a while, and hopefully will beat this at some point, but i figured i might as well get the ball rolling.
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/2492/0040ql5.jpg

xCOBRAx
08-26-2008, 03:57 PM
i have no camera, this makes me sad :(

Albino Goose
08-27-2008, 02:27 PM
voted DLS...

is outside DLC?

edd__
08-27-2008, 02:32 PM
is outside DLC?
No, it's in the bonus setlist.

killerharu45
08-27-2008, 11:56 PM
God Damnit I overstrummed in the solo. And I have no idea how that happened. And I didn't use a path so this will probably get beat soon

211, 291 Expert Guitar

CriscoDisco878
08-28-2008, 02:33 AM
HOORAY closer to the heart will most likely win, therefore i will compete

TwistedFate
08-28-2008, 03:07 AM
HOORAY closer to the heart will most likely win, therefore i will compete

BAHAHAHA! Closer To The Heart is permanently in 2nd place. That's where it's been since it was added to the poll. Too many votes to remove it, but it never gets enough to win. Dirty Little Secret will win if I don't toss out the votes from drive-by voters.

Matrarch
08-28-2008, 03:33 AM
BAHAHAHA! Closer To The Heart is permanently in 2nd place. That's where it's been since it was added to the poll. Too many votes to remove it, but it never gets enough to win.

Seriously. Poor Closer to the Heart. :/

Dirty Little Secret will win if I don't toss out the votes from drive-by voters.

Haha, Please? :)

Seriously though, just kidding for now, but at what point does that become a consideration? Or does it?

itsvinny338
08-28-2008, 04:11 AM
whoever chooses all american rejects is gay rush ftw

JMills109
08-28-2008, 06:48 AM
Wow I am terrrrrrrible at "Outside"....

It feels like cheating to enter a different difficulty but Im so tempted..

Dla911
08-28-2008, 11:30 AM
Wow I am terrrrrrrible at "Outside"....

It feels like cheating to enter a different difficulty but Im so tempted..

this song on the drums on hard and expert is wierd

sharonoagain
08-28-2008, 10:19 PM
http://prosemonkey.ook-ook.net/outsidexvox1.JPG

LOVE this song. I had FC'd it this summer while I was trying to FC them all on Expert so I had to remember how to do it. Haven't tried guitar yet. May try later before Twisted gets here. Don't want him laughing at my mad (lack of) skillz.

edd__
08-28-2008, 10:23 PM
Seems a severe lack of interest in this song so far :\
Dunno why i'm complaining, should try and go for a hat trick xD

misco1
08-29-2008, 01:42 AM
I am new to this song of the week thing. I play expert drums. Tommorow I will play it and post my score. I hope I win!:Bounce:

animeaddict42
08-29-2008, 04:24 AM
I would of posted a score, but I've been waiting for Mike and I had a gamerscore challenge, but expect my drum and possibly guitar scores tomorrow!

TwistedFate
08-29-2008, 01:40 PM
Seriously though, just kidding for now, but at what point does that become a consideration? Or does it?

It's already a consideration, that's why I have the polls set to public, so I can see who voted. I forget to make that change some weeks, but that's my intention.

I've actually tossed out votes in the past, but it didn't affect the winner. I'm trying to combat this in the new contest.

Albino Goose
08-29-2008, 04:46 PM
i wasnt a fan of outside... may post a score if i get 5 stars :/

misco1
08-29-2008, 08:16 PM
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll312/misco11/P7310012.jpg

My first try today. First song of the day. No warmups. I might try again. I dunno yet.

edd__
08-29-2008, 08:33 PM
I spy a GH2 guitar. For shame

SebastianSB
08-29-2008, 09:04 PM
I spy a GH2 guitar. For shame

Hell no ... That's another Harmonix guitar! =D

killerharu45
08-30-2008, 03:46 AM
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll312/misco11/P7310012.jpg

My first try today. First song of the day. No warmups. I might try again. I dunno yet.

Dang. Nice score. I barely got 100K when I first played this :p This song is a tough one for me

edd__
08-30-2008, 01:31 PM
Man i'm getting well pissed off at this.
Should definitely be able to FC it, or at least get higher that 211k on expert guitar, but i keep making stupid mistakes, all the time. Dunno whether my mind is broken or my fingers are just shit.. or whatever, but i totally should be able to do this :(

TwistedFate
08-30-2008, 03:12 PM
Just FYI. Since the vote is so close this week, I'm going to be tossing "drive by" votes to see if it changes anything. Basically, If I don't know who you are, either from being active in this forum or competing in past SotW's, your vote won't count. It may not affect the results, but it may. I will post the actual and adjusted counts when I close the contest tonight.

misco1
08-30-2008, 03:29 PM
Dang. Nice score. I barely got 100K when I first played this :p This song is a tough one for me

It takes a lot of time and practice. Keep on trying. You'll get it!

misco1
08-30-2008, 04:19 PM
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll312/misco11/P8010012.jpg

I did even better this time. Now I'm ranked in the top 125 on Rock Band! YAY! 100,000 more points to be number 100! Most likely won't happen but I never thought I'd even beat expert drums!

animeaddict42
08-30-2008, 10:01 PM
God damn, my red pad is busting up. One song will be fine, the next it'll suck. I probably won't be contributing until RB2 comes out if this keeps up. Makes me sad :(.

TwistedFate
08-30-2008, 11:29 PM
Just FYI. Since the vote is so close this week, I'm going to be tossing "drive by" votes to see if it changes anything. Basically, If I don't know who you are, either from being active in this forum or competing in past SotW's, your vote won't count. It may not affect the results, but it may. I will post the actual and adjusted counts when I close the contest tonight.

Scratch this, apparently I can only see the votes if I haven't voted. Since I can no longer see who voted, I can't toss votes out.

nightmare975
08-30-2008, 11:50 PM
Here's my first posted score :D

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/8614/p1010012jn0.jpg

EDIT: Got the picture to work.

animeaddict42
08-31-2008, 12:41 AM
Scratch this, apparently I can only see the votes if I haven't voted. Since I can no longer see who voted, I can't toss votes out.
Another reason to scratch that would be that Closer to the Heart is now winning :p.

SebastianSB
08-31-2008, 12:44 AM
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/2082/guitarlj6.png
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/1411/vocalsbv9.png
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/9250/drumsig7.png

sharonoagain
08-31-2008, 01:16 AM
Here's my first posted score :D

EDIT: Got the picture to work.

Yay, good luck! :woop:

TwistedFate
08-31-2008, 01:24 AM
Another reason to scratch that would be that Closer to the Heart is now winning :p.

Well, that and Sebastion now has a Hat Trick.

misco1
08-31-2008, 01:30 AM
Well, that and Sebastion now has a Hat Trick.

Sorry. My first week doing SotW. Even though he did it on 2 different difficulties he gets a hat-trick? Do I win if I end up with the highest expert drum score? Sorry I am really new to this.

nightmare975
08-31-2008, 01:32 AM
Yay, good luck! :woop:

Thanks! I'm kinda mad about the score because my best is over 115,000 and I couldn't match that again.

SebastianSB
08-31-2008, 01:32 AM
Sorry. My first week doing SotW. Even though he did it on 2 different difficulties he gets a hat-trick? Do I win if I end up with the highest expert drum score? Sorry I am really new to this.

You can get a hat trick on any difficulty combination. (more into on the first post of this topic)

And yes, if you get the highest expert drums score you will win the expert drums section.

misco1
08-31-2008, 01:37 AM
You can get a hat trick on any difficulty combination. (more into on the first post of this topic)

And yes, if you get the highest expert drums score you will win the expert drums section.

Thanks. It's not that I want to beat you or anything it's just I was wopndering. Thanks again!

TwistedFate
08-31-2008, 01:50 AM
Thanks. It's not that I want to beat you or anything it's just I was wopndering. Thanks again!

Expert Drums, Hard Drums and Medium Drums are all different divisions.

Dla911
08-31-2008, 03:50 AM
just got home, with a broken pinky from moving today hurts like heck but i will live but its not on my good hand for guitar but here ya go

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/dla911/IMG000049.jpg

@twisted if both of them are at 19, is it going to be a double song of the week?

sharonoagain
08-31-2008, 04:01 AM
Contest is closed.

Winners:
Drums, Medium: Dla911
Guitar, Medium: nightmare975
Vocals, Medium:

Drums, Hard:
Guitar, Hard: SebastianSB
Vocals, Hard: SebastianSB

Drums, Expert: misco1
Guitar, Expert: killerhau45
Vocals, Expert: sharonoagain

Dla911
08-31-2008, 04:04 AM
Contest is closed.

Winners:
Drums, Medium: SebastianSB
Vocals, Medium:

Drums, Hard:

Guitar, Expert: edd__

my score to late?

misco1
08-31-2008, 04:04 AM
YAY my first win ever! Next week I'm going to try for a hat-trick!

TwistedFate
08-31-2008, 04:09 AM
my score to late?

Sorry man I already had it copied and ready to be pasted when I edited my text file and forgot to recopy it. You didi win. I'll edit it.

nightmare975
08-31-2008, 04:09 AM
Congrats misco!

I got my first win as well ^_^

I don't care if it's medium, I won!

Dla911
08-31-2008, 04:11 AM
Sorry man I already had it copied and ready to be pasted when I edited my text file and forgot to recopy it. You didi win. I'll edit it.

its all good, tryed to get my gutiar score in but i was 1 min late on posting heh. but its all good,

So we have 2 songs tied whats the plan? Double song of the week?

Closer To The Heart - Rush
Dirty Little - Secret - The All-AMerican Rejects

killerharu45
08-31-2008, 05:32 AM
Contest is closed.

Winners:
Drums, Medium: Dla911
Vocals, Medium:

Drums, Hard:

Guitar, Expert: edd__

What about my score?. Its an attached image but you should all be able to see it clearly. Is there some rule against that that I didn't know about

God Damnit I overstrummed in the solo. And I have no idea how that happened. And I didn't use a path so this will probably get beat soon

211, 291 Expert Guitar
Attached Images http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/X360A/attach/jpg.gif IMG_0828.jpg (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2103&d=1219881339) (26.7 KB, 16 views)

nightmare975
08-31-2008, 07:47 AM
What about my score?. Its an attached image but you should all be able to see it clearly. Is there some rule against that that I didn't know about

One of the rules is no attached images, they must be visible.

TwistedFate
08-31-2008, 11:49 AM

It's not a rule that you can't attach them, but it's very easy for me to miss when I can't see the image. I missed yours man, sorry. I'll fix the chart.

edd__
08-31-2008, 11:56 AM
No freakin' way!
killerharu got a better score than me, best i could do was 209k
I know it's always been mentioned that you should host the scores rather than attach them, but there's nothing in the rules that explicitly say that, unless i can't read properly.

I shouldn't complain, would love the win, but it's not really fair imo.
Plus, if i'd have known that, i would've entered my drum and vocals scores that i took a photo of, but i didn't want to unless i could get the hat-trick xD

edit:
Oh, i misread sharon's post.. never mind, ignore this.

TwistedFate
08-31-2008, 12:09 PM
No freakin' way!
killerharu got a better score than me, best i could do was 209k
I know it's always been mentioned that you should host the scores rather than attach them, but there's nothing in the rules that explicitly say that, unless i can't read properly.

I shouldn't complain, would love the win, but it's not really fair imo.
Plus, if i'd have known that, i would've entered my drum and vocals scores that i took a photo of, but i didn't want to unless i could get the hat-trick xD

edit:
Oh, i misread sharon's post.. never mind, ignore this.

Actually it's my post, but I'm at Sharons and I forget to log her out sometimes.

I don't want to require people to have a place to host their files, but it's very hard for me to see the attachments when I'm scrolling for the winnings scores. So, unfortunately, sometimes I miss them. Thanks for being understanding about the change edd. I'm trying to figure out a better way to do this.

edd__
08-31-2008, 12:33 PM
Yeah, no it totally makes sense.
And it was you that made the post, always get confused cos i just look at the sigs, and often get confused between you two ;D

What about something in the rules about if it's not hosted that you have to write the scores in large bold text or something? Or making some way of it standing out?

SebastianSB
08-31-2008, 05:01 PM
I don't want to require people to have a place to host their files

Nothing against this, but couldn't everyone just use imageshack.us or something? you don't even need an account for that.

nightmare975
08-31-2008, 06:02 PM
That's what I used. Took me a while, but got the pic to work. :D

killerharu45
08-31-2008, 08:25 PM
Actually it's my post, but I'm at Sharons and I forget to log her out sometimes.

I don't want to require people to have a place to host their files, but it's very hard for me to see the attachments when I'm scrolling for the winnings scores. So, unfortunately, sometimes I miss them. Thanks for being understanding about the change edd. I'm trying to figure out a better way to do this.

Alright. Thanks for noticing this. I'll just make an account at photo bucket or something next time. Just to make it easier for you

TwistedFate
08-31-2008, 10:12 PM
That would be great. Because it's late when I scan for the scores, if it's been a long day and/or I haven't noticed that somebody attached an image earlier then there is a good chance I won't see it.

Albino Goose
09-03-2008, 06:43 PM
whats next weeks song... i think i have an alright score for DLS

edd__
09-03-2008, 07:35 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=88862
Sotw 36