PDA

View Full Version : Endless Updates

L1E
08-24-2008, 07:27 AM
Has anyone else had update after update for the same game about everyday? Well, I have. Every single game I have ALWAYS has an update when I put it in. Lets say I'm putting GTA IV in, I put it in, get disconnected, and I have to update it to play it. It's not like it's a prevents me from doing something, it just gets annoying to have to wait 15 seconds every time I just want to jump into a game. Any advice on how to stop this from happening?

CyanideBreathMint
08-24-2008, 07:31 AM
Any advice on how to stop this from happening?
Become a game designer and program a game that's perfect and reap the benefits of being single handedly, the best game designer in history. In all seriousness though, answer's no.

Be thankful the developer is even trying to correct any past glitches in their game. Some don't even bother and leave you with glitches that frustrate more out there than not.

vI Starlight Iv
08-24-2008, 08:11 AM
dude as you said its 15 seconds sort it out

Female Ninja
08-24-2008, 08:15 AM
15 seconds wow, just let it update.

Bodangles
08-24-2008, 08:27 AM
Clear your cache. Your cache can only hold 5-10 updates from games. Clear it, load up the games you play most often, and the problem will be gone. Until you run through 5-10 more games...and so on and so on.

15 seconds wow, just let it update.
You obviously don't private chat often. Constantly updating games is quite the nuisance. Then again, a New York accent is easy to pick up...

A Satyr
08-24-2008, 08:52 AM
Some updates overwright other updates making you have to re-update. Happens...

exo-apollo
08-24-2008, 12:31 PM
Yes this has been happening to me every time I put in a game as well, just over the last two days. Coincidence?

wgpfly
08-24-2008, 04:55 PM
Seems like thats been the problem for my in the past couple days. Oh well.

L1E
08-24-2008, 05:11 PM
Be thankful the developer is even trying to correct any past glitches in their game. Some don't even bother and leave you with glitches that frustrate more out there than not.

But the problem is, that there shouldn't be an update on that day. I'm usually private chatting with my friend, but whenever I put in a game, I get disconnected. I invite him back, and I ask him if he just got an update, he says no. So are you thinking that a developer is just fixing MY game?

Clear your cache. Your cache can only hold 5-10 updates from games. Clear it, load up the games you play most often, and the problem will be gone. Until you run through 5-10 more games...and so on and so on.

Thanks for an answer, and not a "It's 15 seconds" post. I know its 15 seconds, that's what I said! Well, I was thinking about clearing my cache when I was posting this. I'll try clearing it now.

EDIT: Cleared it.

JC
08-24-2008, 05:13 PM
As Bodangles said, you need to clear the cache, this will stop the constant updates that are bothering you.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/11131/Xbox-360-Cache-Clear-Code-Revealed/

Crimson Ridley
08-24-2008, 05:41 PM
Yeah, over the years people have begun to lose the ability to read properly. I think a few people here thought you meant you hate these planned updates. I too hate it when I put in a game and have to keep updating it because my cache is full. This usually happens whenever I'm in chat and the update SEEMS to take longer.

Tactful
08-24-2008, 08:23 PM
Sell your 360 and buy an Xbox? No more stupid game updates!

megamoviejohn
08-24-2008, 09:47 PM
Wow people are really dumb. As others have said, clear your cache, it helped me out. It's really annoying to have to update everytime you change games when you KNOW they havent updated the game in the last 20 minutes. People should really read the topic before commenting and acting like an asshole. Good question br00tal because it is really annoying and not necessary to have to update a game four times a day.

[M]ike
11-16-2008, 01:56 PM
I'm on the NXE preview program and from what I've seen this problem is fixed, I've not had it happen and I've played multiple games since I've had the NXE (many of which used to update frequently like Guitar Hero III) :) Good news if so.

master_shake_350
11-16-2008, 02:23 PM
Disconnect from the net and play offline!

TatteredRagDoll
11-16-2008, 04:14 PM
Disconnect from the net and play offline!

I said the very same thing in another recent thread about the very same subject! Funny how these things work.

master_shake_350
11-16-2008, 04:21 PM
I said the very same thing in another recent thread about the very same subject! Funny how these things work.

Lol! I know it must be some new area 53 experiment that people don't want to try it!

CLAPSTER
11-16-2008, 06:11 PM
This kept happening to me and it froze during the update I turn it on and RROD. :uzi: