PDA

View Full Version : Check if someone's appearing offline?

Godge
08-24-2008, 07:23 PM
It really annoys me when my friends appear offline, and I was just wandering if there was any way of checking with a program or a website or something. You can sometimes tell with xbox.com, but it doesn't always work and some of my friends seem to have set their profiles up in such a way that you can't really see much at all.

Does anyone know of a different way? :confused:

JD FTW
08-24-2008, 07:24 PM
If there playing Halo 3 you can check on Bungie.net to see if the last games up date on the records

Crimson Ridley
08-24-2008, 07:33 PM
I think you can see when they change their games. Like if they were last seen playing Rock Band and all of a sudden it says last seen playing Guitar Hero 3. My friends have commented on that to me before as I almost always Appear Offline.

JD FTW
08-24-2008, 07:34 PM
Oh and achevs/Gamerscore still update

Godge
08-24-2008, 07:47 PM
I think you can see when they change their games. Like if they were last seen playing Rock Band and all of a sudden it says last seen playing Guitar Hero 3. My friends have commented on that to me before as I almost always Appear Offline.
Oh and achevs/Gamerscore still update

Yeah that's how I normally check but some of my friends have worked out how to set their profiles so that it doesn't show all that, I don't know how they've done it.

I didn't know about the Halo thing though, thanks for that. Although me and my friends hardly ever play Halo but it's still handy to know.

JD FTW
08-24-2008, 07:56 PM
Yeah that's how I normally check but some of my friends have worked out how to set their profiles so that it doesn't show all that, I don't know how they've done it.

I didn't know about the Halo thing though, thanks for that. Although me and my friends hardly ever play Halo but it's still handy to know.

Are you sure these guys are you friends lol

Godge
08-24-2008, 07:58 PM
Are you sure these guys are you friends lol

Yeah, they're my actual friends not just xbox friends as well, which makes it even more annoying.

Hypnotik Robot
08-24-2008, 08:41 PM
They obviously don't like you.

If they're you real friends why don't you give them a call and ask them if they want to play some xbox?

CyanideBreathMint
08-24-2008, 08:49 PM
Let me ask this: Anytime your friends hop online, do you within minutes send out a game invite with regularity? Or simply send game invites with high consistency whenever they're online?

If so, they're probably just wanting to do some solo gaming and not feel pressured into joining any invites or pissing anyone off by declining the invites.

I know that happens a LOT to me and is the only reason why I set my status to offline.

Jamie Solo
08-24-2008, 10:24 PM
Yeah that's what I do Cyanide. Trust me Godge, even if there was, why bother. Theres obviously a reason.

Jiseki Kurouto
08-24-2008, 10:32 PM

If you set your profile setting so that your most recent games and achievements are blocked, meaning no one can see them, then it wouldn't show the last game they played.

Hoped it helped.

AlphaXGamerXDad
08-24-2008, 11:47 PM
Why are you trying to find people who want to stay hidden? Isn't that slightly stalker-ish. If you really need to find someone specific, then call them or send a Live message anyway, and if they're on they'll respond. If they keep ignoring you, then it's time for new friends.

Gm Godfather
08-25-2008, 07:23 AM
Sometimes people like to play games without any hassle from friends.

I agree you are being a bit of a "Stalker"

Perhaps you should find some new friends or purchase a "Love My Self Jacket"

vI Starlight Iv
08-25-2008, 08:02 AM
if you like online gaming pick up some friends off of here...

i know its not like playing wuth friends but there are some good people on here

Ruthless
08-25-2008, 08:26 AM
Yeah that's what I do Cyanide. Trust me Godge, even if there was, why bother. Theres obviously a reason.

No you have no friends jamie, theres a difference :p

On topic: I only appear offline if at the time i have some little bum boy after me or i wanna play single player.

Jamie Solo
08-25-2008, 05:43 PM
No you have no friends jamie, theres a difference :p

On topic: I only appear offline if at the time i have some little bum boy after me or i wanna play single player.

Then you should start coming online more or people will give up on you! Then there'll be no more :drunk

:P

Raven1709
08-25-2008, 09:31 PM
I did that as well. Got offline and kept playing. Didnīt just want to keep playing online with my friends. But they donīt act this frantic about it.

Rutawitz
08-26-2008, 10:08 AM
i have 3 friends that i play xbox live with that i know in real life and i dont play with anybody else

Santa
08-26-2008, 11:07 AM
Get some friends that like to play with you.

Piccolo549
08-26-2008, 08:56 PM
if theyre getting achievements while there offline theyre online

True I Skill
08-26-2008, 09:04 PM
Mm.. If ur that desprate to find out, You can go there house break down there door and run in and hope to catch them on xbox appearing offline?

I Only appear offline when i get Invites from people wanting to Play, I Feel bad just ignoring them, even tho im busy, So I just appear offline so i dont get constant invites D;

EvilestBean
08-26-2008, 11:14 PM
i think i know how they do it, my mate told me how to do this but what u do is take out ur wireless adaptor then put ur status to appear offline then put ur adaptor back in then sign in, thats probably how they set it up so u dont know if they have been online or not lol.

Yann
08-26-2008, 11:31 PM
Why is this thread giving pro tips for stalking? lol.

If they wanna appear offline just let them.