PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else noticed that Microsoft technically encourage trash talking?

Missis Beki
08-24-2008, 11:09 PM
I have a habit of reading the packaging on most things I buy and just noticed that on the back of the box for the wired headset it does actually say use it for "trash talking the other team"
I find this stupid considering that you can file reports against other people/ have reports filed against you for trash talking and even be banned for it.

A Satyr
08-24-2008, 11:13 PM
I'm sueing them!

Bishop24
08-24-2008, 11:15 PM
I'm pretty sure they mean friendly trash talking like you do with your friends joking-wise. Not all of this cussing and your momma stuff. I doubt that's what they meant by putting "trash talking" on the back of the box.

Missis Beki
08-24-2008, 11:21 PM
Point is they dont specify that, it just says trash talk the other team, that could be some random people you meet.
They should either get rid of it or change the wording IMO
It seem like a whole catch 22 situation

Gariom
08-24-2008, 11:26 PM
I'm guessing that was Microsoft's attempt at being cool and family friendly at the same time. It just can't be done.

Jiseki Kurouto
08-24-2008, 11:43 PM
LOL good find, I never noticed that. But yeah it gives a kind of mixed message.

You can trash talk your opponents, but you'll get banned for it. :)

Raven1709
08-25-2008, 06:32 AM
They encourage you to thrash talk so you get banned and therefor cannot use Xboxlive. Looks like a Win-win situation for Microsoft. :)

Bodangles
08-25-2008, 07:11 AM
Although it may seem sketchy, Microsoft is being legit here. They are simply telling you what it can be used for. Just because you can trash-talk doesn't that you you will or should. Fact is, if you don't wanna get in trouble, don't trash talk.

Gm Godfather
08-25-2008, 07:11 AM
Well in theory Microsoft cannot ban you for Trash Talking, as they encourage you to par-take in trash talking.

It just goes to show that Microsoft are not as smart as they thought.

Plus, lets me honest 60% of Xbox Live does not need any help or direction in the Trash Talking department.

vI Starlight Iv
08-25-2008, 08:10 AM
hhhhmmm nice find its funny that...

still as mentionexd above you have a choice whether to be nice or naughty

Zee
08-25-2008, 11:59 AM
You can give them bad feed back for trash talking. Thats not filing a complaint. Feed back is just to say I do or do not want to play with such or such person. You won't get in any trouble for having a low feedback score. Filing a complaint is for not for trash talking, but for "offensive, hateful, harassing, or threatening behavior". Basically whats agents Microsoft policy.
Such, trash talking is ok, as long as it's not out of hand. (as labeled in the policy you agreed to.)

Santa
08-25-2008, 01:08 PM
It's called 'banter'.

"Was you aiming at that guys head or his balls?"

SpeedyWat
08-25-2008, 01:19 PM
Who cares the Xbox Live feedback and complaint system is flawed in an unprecedented manner. Seriously, noone give good rep, everyone give bad rep. As for the complaints, I've gotten them filed on my for chainsawing, pistol whipping, winning matches, not letting someone pick a weapon, and so on. Bottom line, unless the can get someone to monitor every game lobby in every game this BullSh#t will still occur.