PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Hardware Questions.

MCxBlobicus
08-25-2008, 11:00 AM
First off, I was wondering about connecting my x360 to my computer monitor, how exactly would I get sound, I know some monitors don't have speakers(like mine) and the wires shown in the pic for the cables I need look much too short.

And secondly, I was thinking about getting a 120gig HDD, would I be able to move all my stuff from my old one to the new one? like my account and arcade games and such?

And last, would I be able to connect a external HDD to my x360? like for streaming music and holding pics and such.

Any info on any of the questions will help a ton.

Cheers, MCx;)

Figgsy91
08-25-2008, 11:16 AM
To the second one: You can, but you need to buy a special transfer device to take things from you hard drive, to your computer, and back to another hard drive.

And to the third: Yes, just plug it in and it should work, but you can't save games to it :D

MCxBlobicus
08-25-2008, 11:27 AM
Cool, Thanks for that info. :)

Sanction
08-25-2008, 12:08 PM
I had the VGA cables for the 360 (that plugs into the computer monitor) and I just plugged the sound cables into a tv right next to the monitor.

And for the streaming music from a hdd - it has to be a certain type, I forget which, but it's not one of the more popular kinds. Although, razzleson told me this so he may be full of it. >.>

brentscribner21
02-17-2009, 03:11 AM
I have a quick question about the xbox 360,
My 360 pro recently broke but the hard drive is still good and has all my stuff and xbox live gold saved on it of course,
so Im wondering if I buy a xbox 360 arcade, the cheaper one with no HD, I can attatch my old Hard Drive to it and be good to go with everything or do I miss out on things for buying this system??

Jaystar
02-17-2009, 03:44 AM
I have a quick question about the xbox 360,
My 360 pro recently broke but the hard drive is still good and has all my stuff and xbox live gold saved on it of course,
so Im wondering if I buy a xbox 360 arcade, the cheaper one with no HD, I can attatch my old Hard Drive to it and be good to go with everything or do I miss out on things for buying this system??

Didn't you just make a Thread about this?Why bring up Months old Thread?