PDA

View Full Version : iTunes is weird.

SkeletonTears
08-25-2008, 02:48 PM
Does anyone have a problem on their computer when they use iTunes? I used to illegally download music and whenever I did, everytime I turn off my computer and turn it back on, it says the file cannot be located, please locate it for us. I locate it, and then turn off my computer for a little bit, turn it back on, and iTunes can't locate it again. Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

master_shake_350
08-25-2008, 03:15 PM
Does anyone have a problem on their computer when they use iTunes? I used to illegally download music and whenever I did, everytime I turn off my computer and turn it back on, it says the file cannot be located, please locate it for us. I locate it, and then turn off my computer for a little bit, turn it back on, and iTunes can't locate it again. Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

I have only had this problem when i move or delete music from their respected folders.

And also because it is illegally downloaded!

But i have never encountered or heard about this problem try going to the mac website and searching for the problem.

Daywalker-san
08-25-2008, 04:39 PM
What app are you using to download the tracks, either way, what you should do is move the tracks from the shared folder into another folder and this problem should be sorted

Figgsy91
08-25-2008, 04:41 PM
It only happens to me if I move the file I'm trying to use into another folder because it doesn't track it. So, when I copy my CD's using Windows Media Player, import them into my iTunes library, and then move them somewhere else I have to locate it, that's the only thing I can think of.

knockton55
08-25-2008, 05:42 PM
This shouldnt happen unless your constantly transferring folder's, I just keep all my files in my shared folder.

Just recently downloaded All Hope Is Gone, the new Slipknot album....no problems and that's 100 percent illegal :p

SkeletonTears
08-25-2008, 10:26 PM
I've moved all of my music into the iTunes folder, and relocated them. I've been doing so for about 4 weeks.

Pez
08-25-2008, 11:53 PM
To be honest, I don't think you have the right to complain due to it being illegal. ;)

Have you tried another music player and reset your PC?

SkeletonTears
08-26-2008, 02:25 AM

I don't illegally download music anymore. It f**ked up my computer. My brother recently did an accidentally system restore, and all of my BOUGHT music cannot be located. Although I see them on my system, in the exact same place as before. Also, I can't use a different program for music because iTunes is the only one iPod friendly. Unless you wanna buy me a 4-gig MP3 player?

Pez
08-26-2008, 10:14 AM
No-one said it was the problem. I just don't think it's wise for people to come in here and admit to their illegal activities, both past and present, while showing that they know it's illegal...

Regarding not being able to use your iPod with another music player, try looking up a program/mod called Dopisp. Supposedly, it's a mod for WMP so it recognises your iPod like any other normal MP3/MP4 player.

The only other things I can suggest are the obvious things... Reinstall iTunes, move your songs off your computer to an external HDD then move tham back over to your PC.

I'm not sure if it's possible, partly due to having never done it before, but can you go back to the point before your bro did a system restore? Basically, back to the system restore point before the system restore. :p

SkeletonTears
08-26-2008, 09:03 PM
I've attempted. The answer is no. I also cannot connect to the iTunes store, and therefore cannot get information about the CDs that I'm putting in.