PDA

View Full Version : Worst Endless Setlist Story Ever

ThtPepsiNagger
08-26-2008, 03:11 AM
Monday August 25th 2008... It was 2 P.M. we were all siked for getting this bastard of an achievement done... but what we didnt know was how many things can go wrong in one day. Lets begin. We all blow threw the first 18 songs with no problem... as we take a break to get some food in the kitchen the xbox idles and shuts off. we all said no big deal lets do it again. Around song 5 of the set My knee gives out and i switch with our bassist and play.. i did fine. him not so much. its song 23 and our guitarist naggy girlfriend will not stop calling him and he always picked up. so every 20 so odd minutes we have to pause and wait for him. get to song 28 and my knee is feeling a little better so i hop back on drums. everything goes smoothy outside the girlfriend problem until around song 51! Guitar man gets a call that his TV blew up... MY GOD CAN ANYTHING ELSE BAD HAPPEN! YES!!!! THE FUCKING FOOT PEDAL BROKE ON RUN TO THE FUCKING HILLS! JUST 1 SONG AWAY FROM ENDING THIS BASTARD OF AN ACHIEVEMENT! So our vocalist said ill sing and work the foot pedal. got kinda hard on run to the hills and we failed a shit load of times. but in the end we got a new foot pedal and got threw The who with no problems. WHO FUCKING KNEW AN ACHIEVEMENT WOULD BE SO DAMN HARD TO GET! Time ending 10:04 P.M. 8 FUCKING HOURS FOR 65 ACHIEVEMENT POINTS! Not to mention my knee has swolen twice its size from playing 80 some odd songs. Never again will i do that... Till rock band 2. lol

hope i made all your live feel a little more imporant today

XVx KILL SWITCH
08-26-2008, 03:18 AM
I know everyone is going to post "There is already a thread for this", and there is,but that sucks, hey atleast you got that achievement!

HoodMod
08-26-2008, 03:29 AM
Not as bad as doing getting 48 or 49 songs in and failing on GGaHT a lot. Then doing it again a couple weeks later.

Lucent Beam
08-26-2008, 04:11 AM
Haha, wow, that sounds like a disaster. Yeah there's another thread, but this particular story warrants its own.

JMills109
08-26-2008, 04:27 AM
Wow that sounds terrible, I think Im just going to do it myself on 2 instruments to avoid ridiculousness like that.... Even though bass/vocals is way more boring than the other stuff IMO......

Wargasm
08-26-2008, 04:30 AM
wow that sucks i got to the last song and we couldnt pass it i was so fucking mad

SpeedKills3255
08-26-2008, 04:51 AM
^This guys lying. lol

Bodangles
08-26-2008, 05:10 AM
Not as bad as doing getting 48 or 49 songs in and failing on GGaHT a lot. Then doing it again a couple weeks later. '

You know that's right. GGaHT and my brother can't do BASS. I'm doing the god damn guitar and he's failing out on Bass. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Still don't have it :mad:

HumphriesT
08-26-2008, 06:02 AM
Considering im the bassist? Im gonna shoot you some input here clint.

This was not the first time myself, or erik (guitarist) have had this happen. The endless setlist tends to be a damn magnet to bad luck. Last time, the power went out at song 53. We lucked out losing out at that time only at song 20. And we had comcast to thank for that. Strangely enough, comcast is the reason why their TV was fried. Im not sure why they rig their internet through their power source, but hey. its shitty that it happens.

And as for drumming? I may not have been too good, but albeit i play bass. Not really expecting to have to drum. Thought you'd be ready for anything. lol. :-P.

And Quit your whining. This may be your achievement (and Brittney's as well), but this is basically the 2nd-3rd time for me and erik. It got old a long time ago. Be happy it went this smoothly.

-tommy

LavitzOwns
08-26-2008, 06:12 AM
well i think mine is of equal caliber and on the same day. we began around 5:30pm on august 25th with 4 people, 1 of which could only sing, the other three could switch except for the last 10 or so songs in which i was the only drummer. we got off to an easy start blowing through songs. there were a few problems here and there with our singer failing a song she had never sung before, but 1 or 2 trys later we had it. our first huge issue came with the song by tribe. we must have played that song for 45 minutes. the drums werent a big deal once i got that main riff down, but towards the end i got thrown off and myself and the guitarist kept going down. finally with some luck and good star power usage we got through it. once again smooth sailing until, honest bob. between myself and our singer, we must have failed that song 20 times before finally getting by (pun intended) it. then immediately following, run to the hills. between the 2 songs we must have wasted another hour. anyways, by the time we finally finished, beat wont get fooled again in 1 try, it was 1:30. grand total of 8 hours for those 65 freaking gp.... im never playing rock band again.

KFZ Scrubs
08-26-2008, 09:07 AM
not so bad... took me about... 14 hours.
Im just guessing though, of course its not all at once though

edd__
08-26-2008, 12:48 PM
I could definitely do this on guitar or bass with no real troubles, just no one i know is good enough :| Which really fucks me off.

JJBDude
08-26-2008, 10:40 PM
Sucks for you dude :P, was it worth it though? :)

killerharu45
08-26-2008, 10:47 PM
Wow thats one of the most crazy stories I've heard yet

Matrarch
08-26-2008, 11:21 PM
As Lucent said, crazy story. Warrants its own thread I think. Congrats on persevering though. :) Hopefully RB2 won't put any of us through such crazyness! :)