PDA

View Full Version : 94% and then...... ERROR!!!

billysidol
08-26-2008, 03:20 AM
Thanks very much EA, after playing your game for over 15 hours and closing in on all the achievements, I turn my Xbox on to get the last 30 odd marge coupons in springfield to unlock 3 achievements worth 220 points. But instead I get a pleasant message saying my saved game has an error.

I have been gaming since I had a sega master system and have never EVER had a saved game problem.

EA are a bunch of absolute clowns and release the same games year after year. After a bit of research I find that it is a fairly common problem on the simpsons game. Learn how to develop a decent game you flogs.

Var 18
11-29-2008, 03:41 PM
It happened to me too at 90%. It stinks.

But, you don't have to do the whole game again.. just the achievements you need...

Well, maybe you need to do the game again, but its a nice excuse for time trials :).

IIIIIIBXIIIIII
01-13-2009, 08:42 PM
Thanks very much EA, after playing your game for over 15 hours and closing in on all the achievements, I turn my Xbox on to get the last 30 odd marge coupons in springfield to unlock 3 achievements worth 220 points. But instead I get a pleasant message saying my saved game has an error.

I have been gaming since I had a sega master system and have never EVER had a saved game problem.

EA are a bunch of absolute clowns and release the same games year after year. After a bit of research I find that it is a fairly common problem on the simpsons game. Learn how to develop a decent game you flogs.

yeah ea is complete shit i would have like 5 extra 1000s on my card if it wasnt for there shity development team:mad:

Factone
07-04-2009, 12:06 AM
It's not even about developing a decent game because granted there will always be a few glitches. Its the fact that they don't care about their releases after they've hit the stores. They never patch glitches. They don't care about the users or how frustrating it is to experience these glitches. They just want the money.

This is why I've refused to buy EA games for a while.

jds515
08-05-2009, 03:25 PM
EA owes me 5:00:29:33 of my life back.

JLogan27
09-14-2009, 06:43 PM
I have a question...I've completed everything except the time challenge of the Super Happy Fun level. Of course, now that save is on the fritz. My question is...I have another save my son has been playing, if I do the time challenge on that save, will it give me the "Challenger" achievement (for completing all time challenges) or will I have to redo them all on that save?

Vandel Buster
01-11-2010, 05:13 PM
I like how people assume it is totally the developers faults. Anyone have game testing experience?

Problems arise with every build of a game. They fix something and more problems appear. The developers are constantly fixing the game and they don't test too much. It's up to EA's QA testers to find the bugs and tell the developers about them. It's no easy task finding certain issues. Also, they have time contraints usually. You enter a contract with a company to release a game by X date and you need to have that product by then or face a heavy fine. Games that get delayed are games owned and developed by the parent company usually. Sports games get delayed? Nope. Heavy fine to that professional sport league.

I do fully agree though about EA not caring once it's released. I have a good deal of EA games and I can't recall a single one that's ever had a patch. No, I don't play their sports games and thus I have no knowledge if those get patches.

Blah blah blah. End of rant.

tsydrown
04-19-2010, 03:31 PM
Got my 2nd Save Game "Error" today. First time it happened I was on the Final Level, this time, as I aim for 100% completion, it DELETED my Saved Game (when I turned Xbox back on a short while later, there were NO saved games AT ALL!)

Extremely annoyed by this, it's taken me nearly 2 years to put it back in my Xbox (no Update in all that time either) and then this happens! Not a happy bunny!

EA have gotten better with recent titles, but it's a shame they focus on their "Big Games" and put very little attention into Post-Release Support for the smaller titles (I know The Simpsons is a Worldwide name, but the game hardly broke sales records).

I'm gonna wipe all data from my HDD for this game, try it again, and hopefully, fingers crossed, I can play it through without my save disappearing!

Had the same problem with Saints Row! Had 2 separate Save Games "Corrupt".

I'd love to know how exactly the Saved Game becomes "Corrupted" or gets an "Error" on it, still the only 2 games i've suffered this issue with . . .