PDA

View Full Version : Account Hacked

x2keithm3x
08-26-2008, 03:36 AM
Well my account IBlacKFlasHI was recovered ( hacked ) to another xbox 360 - I got xbox to ensure me that they blocked the account's access to xbox live until I could verify with them my information - which would mean I have full access to the account.

To do this, they told me that I need to contact windows live id in order for them to tell me the e-mail address and password for the account so that I could sign into it using xbox.com and change my passwords and stuff...

my question is, what should I ask windows live in my report?

and second seeing as the hacker has the e-mail and password, can't he/she just reactivate it?

Please if anyone can help me out I am trying to get to seriously as soon as possible and this causes major problems, oh and don't talk to IBlacKFlasHI if he/she logs on until I have account back.

Pheonix_Assassin
08-26-2008, 08:07 AM
Well tell them what has happened and what microsoft have told you and post what they siad as quotes and try like that

she haunts me
08-26-2008, 08:47 AM
Wow. That sucks man. Not sure what to do. Never happened to me. I regularly change my password for my Live ID. Best regards!

x2keithm3x
08-26-2008, 08:54 AM
Well tell them what has happened and what microsoft have told you and post what they siad as quotes and try like that

This is what I said -

"My problem is that my xbox live account ( IBlacKFlasHI ) I created was hacked and I need to know its password and e-mail address ( which were mine before ) - I spoke to xbox live and they were able to block my account for the time being until I could get access to the account only and verify with them that I, the true owner, had full access to it. In order to get access to the account via xbox.com I need to know the e-mail address and password of the account so I can sign into it on xbox.com and change it to my e-mail and desired password. Please assist me with this problem."

In case you notice, this message is a reply to a previous message they sent me asking me to verify who I am, so I had to leave that part out.

x2keithm3x
08-28-2008, 08:51 PM
Okay so this is what msn say to me -

"Please be advised that we could change the account linked to any Windows Live services such as Xbox due to security and privacy reasons. Also, we could not confirm whether an unauthorized individual accessed your account or provide you any information about who may have done so, as all Windows Live Hotmail member information is confidential. We can only release it to law enforcement officials when served with a subpoena or criminal search warrant, in compliance with the Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA)."

So does this mean that if you get your account hacked and dont know your secret question ( like me ) your screwed?

Crimson Ridley
08-28-2008, 08:55 PM
Well for all they know, that isn't your account and you're trying to take it. That is why they have these secret questions and that is why you are supposed to remember them.

x2keithm3x
08-28-2008, 09:47 PM
Well for all they know, that isn't your account and you're trying to take it. That is why they have these secret questions and that is why you are supposed to remember them.

They know its me because they asked me 15 questions to verify who I am, they just wont change the account back to what it was even though they know it belongs to me.

The answer to my secret question begins with a B, with the question being "best childhood friend"

So of all Male common names with Bs its not Brian, leaving..

Barry/Bruce/Byran/Bill(y), any other common short boys names beginning with the letter "B"

If not tell me which one yo uwould think would be your best friend, completely based on name.

JC
08-28-2008, 10:16 PM
Your account cannot simply be hacked, you must have inadvertently given out your details.

AOS Puck
08-28-2008, 10:22 PM
B huh, were/are you a big fan of that big, gay, purple dinosaur? ;)

x2keithm3x
08-28-2008, 10:37 PM
B huh, were/are you a big fan of that big, gay, purple dinosaur? ;)

No never watched Barney.

Its cool though, I have got ( I think ) the credit card and name ( I think ) that I used, so tomorrow I will just verify with microsoft and get my account back.

Your account cannot simply be hacked, you must have inadvertently given out your details.

I didn't give out my password for some scam like seriously or ms points or anything stupid like that, all you have to do to hack some is get windows live id and keep trying password, and my password was never strong cause I thought I would forget it ( huge irony ).

JC
08-28-2008, 10:40 PM
No never watched Barney.

Its cool though, I have got ( I think ) the credit card and name ( I think ) that I used, so tomorrow I will just verify with microsoft and get my account back.

I didn't give out my password for some scam like seriously or ms points or anything stupid like that, all you have to do to hack some is get windows live id and keep trying password, and my password was never strong cause I thought I would forget it ( huge irony ).
So you are saying some random person just guessed a Live ID, which just happened to be yours, and then after a few tries of the password got it right. :\

x2keithm3x
08-28-2008, 11:10 PM
So you are saying some random person just guessed a Live ID, which just happened to be yours, and then after a few tries of the password got it right. :

Well, they could have done that but since I have my hotmail address almost everywhere and whenever I sign in using my Xbl account on my hotmail it appears as I am online using Xbl live and some other info so they might not have had to guess my email address, but definetly my password. Althoiugh the hacker hasn't been able to access my account fully ( cant get onto live ) I amint so sure I will be able to either but atleast I get to screw with him.

Malikkr
08-29-2008, 12:24 PM
That will never happen to me. I change my password everyother day, and each one is totally random and retarded. So nobody will figure it out

x2keithm3x
08-30-2008, 03:38 AM
I got my account back!!!

Just have to wait until xbox.com call lines are open to get them to reactivate it.

JC
08-30-2008, 07:47 AM
I got my account back!!!

Just have to wait until xbox.com call lines are open to get them to reactivate it.
Good for you. :)

Be more careful with your info in the future.

davie mac
08-30-2008, 12:32 PM
I got my account back!!!

Good stuff man.

I would recommend changing your password at least every week or so to avoid this problem in the future. Its probably better if you pick a random password that has no relation to you whatsoever.

My passwords are always something so random if someone guessed it then they are bloody Einstein.

Anyway good to hear you got your account back but be more careful with it in the future man :)

ConclusionZ
08-31-2008, 12:03 AM
If you can verify your address etc, why can't they change it for you?

P:S don't give out your email and password again . . .

CyanideBreathMint
08-31-2008, 04:22 AM
You're assuming the OP willing gave out his details. He could have just as easily clicked on a phishing site made to look exactly like the logout Windows Live ID screen and inadvertently entered his username/password there and that's how it more than likely was done.

So unless you're vigilant about keeping your eyes open to those type of sites (they are not always easy to spot), changing your password every other day is irrelevant.

Glad you got your account back but yes, make sure to be weary of any weblink messages you receive from your 'friends' on Live (ie. click here to get free MS points, etc.).

x2keithm3x
08-31-2008, 02:47 PM
I reactivated it and all, but there is one major problem.

I cannot change the amail address for 1 month so I have to use the hacker's email address with my own password.

But even if he hacks me again, he wont be able to change the email so it will just go back and fourth. -but he has to try multiple passwords to hack me - but I can call xbox to recover my account using last 4 digits of credit card.

I asked Microsoft was there anyway to make it imposible or harder to have your GT recovered on another xbox 360 and they say it's impossible - anyone know anything that could help?

CyanideBreathMint
08-31-2008, 05:01 PM
Taking off your CC from your account would be a smart move. As the agent said, it's impossible to prevent hacking of ones account but you can prevent them from racking hundreds and hundreds of dollars to your CC if they do get your account.

darkskyofclouds
08-31-2008, 09:03 PM
Yes Remove you CC off the account it happend to a buddy of mine he did not like the $800 CC bill he got