PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy or not

AhhhUdiedAgain
09-03-2006, 05:35 AM
Should I buy this game or not? I mean what exactly is this game about. what makes it so good to some?

Fonkey Monkey
09-03-2006, 05:49 AM
i would like to know the same thing.

Tyger7
09-03-2006, 09:33 AM
let me sum it up

Chrono Cross: Lots of characters with element battles that have 2x damage for opposite element.

Pokemon: 100 Pokemon to get in the first game, also has elemental damage. You collect characters by aquire or by catching them.

Final Fantasy Tactics: Grid system fighting.

Enchanted Arms is all those ideas combined into one. There are 100 Golems aside from the human characters. They are fun to get, you find them and fight them to make them yours. You carry a few extra in your party to switch them out when needed. Its a turned based RPG with a grid system, different powers attack different areas of the opposite grid. There are elements that play a big factor in battles as well. Everyone levels up with you but they get seperate skill points...you have to take them into battle for those.

The biggest thing to hit turned based RPGS in a long time is...

MULTIPLAYER! Thats right! You can take your golems with you into battle and fight other people online. Isnt that amazing? You will never fight the same kind of battel twice. 100 characters and fight your golems against theres. Its like pokemon but they are all on the board at the same time. This is a great feature.

Out of possible 10

Storyline: 6
Battles: 9
Characters: 10
Replay Value/multiplayer: 10
Easy Achievements: 10 (just beat the game)

Play time must be around 40+ hours if you just go through the storyline quickly. There is a possible level 999 for each character. This game is amazing! I like it better than final fantasy 8 which is the only one i have. I fell in love with this game within 15 minutes of playing it, as I realized just how fun it was to collect the different golems and try them in battle. All i want is more more more! Buy this game? Well that depends, do you like a good rpg? BUY IT. If you hate awesome RPGS with pretty great graphics and endless combinations of characters, then dont buy! THIS GAME HAS IT ALL!

L3giOn
09-03-2006, 10:42 AM
I bought it, but I'll end up trading it in eventually. I like the game, but I don't see it having any replay value.

If you're just in this game for the points then rent it. It's easily beatable in a week's time and you'll get the full thousand just by playing through it.

AhhhUdiedAgain
09-03-2006, 05:03 PM
thanks for the info. guys