PDA

View Full Version : Recognition for getting those tough/"uber" achievements

Skinstakovic
08-26-2008, 05:37 PM
Hey all, couldnt find anything on this on these forums so thought i would throw this idea around.

There are some achievements out there that have just that bit more kudos for having; ones that show dedication, skill and persistance. Off the top of my head you have things like:

"Treasure Trove" for Lost Odyssey
"Are You Serious?" for Gears of War
"Completionist" for Dynasty Warriors 6
"Trancending History" for Soul Calibur 4

A lot of work is needed for all of the above yet the only award is regular gammer score just like any other achievement (and self worth).

What do people think to microsoft having some form of reward system for bagging these elusive achievements? I dont know what it would be but it might be worth thinking about. Maybe an exclusive gammer pic for getting 10 of them, i dont know, or a kudos rating or platinum achievement points?

Throw some feedback around!

Skins

AlphaXGamerXDad
08-26-2008, 06:02 PM
Sony's Trophy system has different levels of points for there accomplishments and I think that will motivate MS to update their system a bit. I'm personally looking forward to these avatars. Hopefully your achievements will unlock different items for them like I've heard is rumored. Now if we only had a place like Home to show them off.

Bodangles
08-26-2008, 06:18 PM
Isn't it kind of like...

The harder the achievement, the more points you get for it?

...just throwin it out there...

Andrew x360a
08-26-2008, 06:23 PM
Isn't it kind of like...

If only that was the case. Think about the one-point achievement from Bulletwitch or all the zero-point achievements in Kameo for beating levels on the hardest difficulty. Maybe the ten-point achievement in Bejeweled for completing 280 levels of Endless Mode or how beating Ninja Gaiden 2 on any difficulty level is one hundred points whether its the easiest or hardest. Unfortunately, the harder acheivements don't always get you the most points.

xxEquilibriumxx
08-26-2008, 06:26 PM
Well gears gave you an exclusive gamerpic. It would be cool if companies that made the game and realized there was an achievement that would take 50+ hrs to get should offer a gamerpic of that achievement like gears.

Ruthless
08-26-2008, 06:59 PM
trueachievements.com check that out, its exactly what you need ; )

KewlBrettC
08-26-2008, 07:05 PM
who cares. i like my gow seriously pic

vI Starlight Iv
08-26-2008, 07:41 PM
i think its a good idea

bodangles u r completley wrong mile high club 20g - complete lvl 1 on halo 20 g

x2keithm3x
08-26-2008, 08:05 PM
Isn't it kind of like...

Not always like that when you compare alot of games, why?

Not all game developers (king kong) take achievement points seriously so they offer alot of achievements for barely any hardwork.

I don't think that microsoft will try to update their achievement any time soon, I think they will be more concerned with how people manage to glitch their achievements.

Ypuh
08-26-2008, 08:53 PM
It's annoying to see people with a much higher gamerscore, just because they completed King Kong, Avatar and NBA 2K6. (Higher is not the right word maybe, but you guys know what I mean ;P).

vI Starlight Iv
08-26-2008, 09:39 PM
It's annoying to see people with a much higher gamerscore, just because they completed King Kong, Avatar and NBA 2K6. (Higher is not the right word maybe, but you guys know what I mean ;P).

this from a person who has played a 2k6 game very recently judging by ur card lolz

Ryot Control
08-26-2008, 10:19 PM
supposedly, with the new update, the pictures of the achievements can be worn as graphics for your avatars t-shirts...

ITD Soldierboy
08-26-2008, 10:29 PM
Just look at Dead Rising and its achievements. Yeah...

I personally don't mind if I don't get anything, just aslong as the achievement icon pops up with the little message.

JJBDude
08-26-2008, 11:06 PM
I think this generation is the generation of making people realise there is potential to make people get achievements and just feel good about it themselves. I reckon the next consoles it will become an established much more evolved feature where people will be able to get recognition for ellusive achievements. Time will tell. :)

Raven1709
08-26-2008, 11:27 PM
Most of us love getting achievements. I mainly buy games that I like. If they are easy and really cheap why wouldn't I buy them.

Also I would put the coincollection from Lost planet there as well. Brutal having to play every level on 4 difficulties to get every coin and survive.

RXRob
08-27-2008, 12:55 AM
Surely bagging a hard achievement earns you points and bragging rights?

I'm currently working on FlatOut UC, purely so that I can have bragging rights on my favourite game

daninthemix
08-27-2008, 07:45 AM
Surely bagging a hard achievement earns you points and bragging rights?

I'm currently working on FlatOut UC, purely so that I can have bragging rights on my favourite game

My God I hated that game so much I couldn't wait for it to end. Finally got 1K on it though.

Bodangles
08-27-2008, 07:53 AM
i think its a good idea

bodangles u r completley wrong mile high club 20g - complete lvl 1 on halo 20 g
I'm not completely wrong at all. Mile High Club was only worthy of 20 points. Anyone can do that with enough repetition and luck on their side. It was much harder to play through whole campaign missions, such as One Shot, One Kill and No Fighting in the War Room.

Not always like that when you compare alot of games, why?
TBH, this doesn't make much, if any, sense, but I'll do my best to respond. Just because "Seriously..." isn't worth 500 gamerpoints doesn't mean it wasn't assigned the right value. You have to look at the points in relation to the rest of the game. No other achievement in Gears had a point value greater than or equal to 50 points. That makes Seriously... it's highest and hardest achievement.

Just look at Dead Rising and its achievements. Yeah...
Launch title. Not fair :p.