PDA

View Full Version : Can I use two 360s simultaneously?

Wes Ide
08-26-2008, 11:38 PM
My girlfriend has her own 360, and I've got mine. She works, and I'm currently unemployed.

Right now I keep my profile on a memory card. Let's say I do a Recover GamerTag on her console's hard drive, connected to the Internet. I also have my profile on my memory card, and my 360 is NOT connected.

So let's say that on her connected console, I'm in a Shadowrun boosting session, or simming thru EA sports games seasons, things that are fairly passive and don't require me to be attentive. Oftentime I've thought "I wish I could play another game." Then I thought, well what if I do? What if, on the offline console, I'm playing something like my gf's copy of Golden Compass (example) or some other offline game.

Anything I do on the online console will immediately go to my XBox.com profile. So my question then is, once the aforementioned Shadowrun boosting or EA Sports simming or something similar is over, if I connect with my presently offline console, memory card plugged in, won't it then send the Golden Compass info to my profile, and merge them? I mean, it won't overwrite and erase the Shadowrun info right?

Then I just Recover GamerTag to my own console's hard drive and copy that to my Memory Card.

I'm wondering if anything along the lines of what I'm saying is possible. If for some it is unethical or against some form of ToS somewhere, I apologize, as I am not presently aware of it.

Thanks in advance!

A 2rue Beast
08-26-2008, 11:51 PM
Once you recover on your girls box you will not be able to sign onto live with the copy you have on the memory card. Once you recover your account any copy on another xbox will NOT WORK.

AlphaXGamerXDad
08-26-2008, 11:59 PM
There really shouldn't be a need to do this unless you're scheming something. If you have a memory card, there is no reason to do this. However, if you do get this to work, post your results back in this thread.

Gun-Nut
08-27-2008, 12:01 AM
I'm pretty sure if you recover on her xbox then was to try play on yours with the internet disconnected it would not beheld to know your account was recovered but I've no idea if it would be possible to obtain achievements on both without losing one of them.

If really want to try it I would try find 2 games that got an achievement you could get with like 2-3mins of work and test it out.

Wes Ide
08-27-2008, 12:13 AM
That's a great idea, man. Thanks.

And I'm definitely not scheming anything. It's just a matter of playing some game I wanna play that requires you to be there, while boosting in a game that doesn't (like Shadowrun)

Once you recover on your girls box you will not be able to sign onto live with the copy you have on the memory card. Once you recover your account any copy on another xbox will NOT WORK.

Read again. The 360 w/ the memcard will be offline while I play on it.

plumbpist
08-27-2008, 04:15 PM
That sounds like alot of work for very little reward...If you dont wanna play a game, dont play it! Are you really gonna be proud of any achievements you get while not even playing? If so, thats kind of sad.

DarkPyroGuy_09
08-27-2008, 04:44 PM
Your xbox won't let you sign into your profile. Since you would already be signed onto another xbox with your profile.