So I got 1000. Here's how.

CovertDog

Well I didn't think I would making this thread for another couple of months, but surprisingly unlocked the last achievement yesterday afternoon. I'll get to that in a moment, first i'll give the details of how I did it and point out that I did use the turbo controler method to gain money. I also used the guide from the site for directions on unlocking costumes. Heres how it went...

Options

Difficulty: Easy

Entrance: Off

Normal Match Length: 10 mins (This is for the championship. You have to beat them, so if you run out of time, you loss.)

Street Fight Length: 1 min

Lethal Charge Speed: Fastest

Championships

This I did without the turbo controler. I started this on Feb 21 and finished it on March 1. This is straight forward. Just went down the line of characters.

Main Character Costumes

This was a mixture of non-turbo and turbo controler. I started this on March 1 and finished May 15. I started with the characters that had the most costumes unlocked or had the fewest to unlock. If there was 2 options on how to unlock a costume, I always pick the one that just involved matches or start-ups. No tag matches or defending matches. It takes 341 000 odd dollars to buy all the edit costumes and swimsuits for each character.

Lambda Costumes

This was all turbo controller. I started this on May 15 and finished Aug 22. Since all I needed to get the Lambda's costumes was money, I would set up a my turbo contoller with punch as "A" button and "LB" as lethal move. I would tape these buttons down on Street Fight and let it go for 4-5 hours each day. Again I needed 341 000 for all costumes required. This would take about 12 hours for each character.

Shop Complete Achievement

This is the one that surprised me. After I finished the All Costumes Complete acheivement last friday, I thought still had another 50 days atleast. I figured I needed to buy all Actions for each character. There is also the Artwork and Others, which you only have to buy once and not for each character. I did have a all the Others bought and some of the Artwork, but was more concerned with getting the Actions. So yesterday I started. Since I finished with Lambda 30 (the last one) and had 60 000 already in here bank, I just keeped it on her and let it run for 4 hours. Just before I left for work I bought all her actions. I still had money left over, so I decided to buy the artwork with it since I didn't need anything else for her. Well after I bought the last piece of artwork, the achievement "Shop Complete" unlocked. I was stunned. Reading the guide it says

In order to get this achievement you MUST buy everything in the shop with each of the character's even all 30 lambda's (created characters). This will take a long time, but is obtainable if you really want all 1,000 points in the game.

I don't know if the guide is wrong or if it's a glitch, but it was done.

Here is a pic of my stats.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s157/covertdog/Picture004.jpg

That is some insane dedication, even with a turbocontroller. Over 800 playhours is just something I have never reached in any console game I've played so far. I usually get bored/frustrated to death when I hit the magical 100 hour mark.

Gratz, you must feel relieved.

great job covert i guess you really wanted to 1k that game also where did you get the turbo controller and how much did it cost?

I got mine at Wal-mart about a year after the 360 came out. Its made by MadCatz and was only $29 if I remember correctly. The things is I haven't seen any around for awhile. I know you can usually find them on e-bay or gaming retail sites.

• 4 weeks later...

i started trying to go for the 1000 just before i started my masters degree and soon all gaming was pushed aside until this past august after i graduated and life finally settled down. I hope to one day get that 1000. I'm not that bing on achievement whoring as I know I'm not the best at games, but while it takes dedications, i think this might be one of few games that I could actually do it. It's good to hear there are still people out there going for it. It gives me a good boost to get back at it.

i started trying to go for the 1000 just before i started my masters degree and soon all gaming was pushed aside until this past august after i graduated and life finally settled down. I hope to one day get that 1000. I'm not that bing on achievement whoring as I know I'm not the best at games, but while it takes dedications, i think this might be one of few games that I could actually do it. It's good to hear there are still people out there going for it. It gives me a good boost to get back at it.

yea well post something about your process or if you have any tips about the swimsuits (the biggest pain in the ass part of the game)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
What turbo controller are you guys using? All I can find on ebay are ludicrously-high-priced modded controllers.

Mine is a MadCatz. Bought it for under $30 at Walmart less then a month after the 360 came out. I haven't look for any sense, but the feeling a get from talking to others is that the are really rare find at a store.

• 3 weeks later...
People using turbo controllers really makes my quest to do this by actually playing makes getting the achievements less fulfilling.

If you can do it with out one, my hats off to you, but you won't. If you could stomach 4 hours a day, you are looking at least 211 days. You will either go insane or give up.

If you can do it with out one, my hats off to you, but you won't. If you could stomach 4 hours a day, you are looking at least 211 days. You will either go insane or give up.

You know those movies where someone has a dream, but then there is always that one guy who is all like psh, you're dream is stupid, you will never do it. Then when that awesome person completes that dream and the nay sayer gets eaten by tigers... Well I am awesome and you are going to get eaten by tigers.

• 4 weeks later...