PDA

View Full Version : So I got 1000. Here's how.

CovertDog
08-27-2008, 11:26 AM
Well I didn't think I would making this thread for another couple of months, but surprisingly unlocked the last achievement yesterday afternoon. I'll get to that in a moment, first i'll give the details of how I did it and point out that I did use the turbo controler method to gain money. I also used the guide from the site for directions on unlocking costumes. Heres how it went...

Options

Difficulty: Easy
Entrance: Off
Normal Match Length: 10 mins (This is for the championship. You have to beat them, so if you run out of time, you loss.)
Street Fight Length: 1 min
Lethal Charge Speed: Fastest

Championships

This I did without the turbo controler. I started this on Feb 21 and finished it on March 1. This is straight forward. Just went down the line of characters.

Main Character Costumes

This was a mixture of non-turbo and turbo controler. I started this on March 1 and finished May 15. I started with the characters that had the most costumes unlocked or had the fewest to unlock. If there was 2 options on how to unlock a costume, I always pick the one that just involved matches or start-ups. No tag matches or defending matches. It takes 341 000 odd dollars to buy all the edit costumes and swimsuits for each character.

Lambda Costumes

This was all turbo controller. I started this on May 15 and finished Aug 22. Since all I needed to get the Lambda's costumes was money, I would set up a my turbo contoller with punch as "A" button and "LB" as lethal move. I would tape these buttons down on Street Fight and let it go for 4-5 hours each day. Again I needed 341 000 for all costumes required. This would take about 12 hours for each character.

Shop Complete Achievement

This is the one that surprised me. After I finished the All Costumes Complete acheivement last friday, I thought still had another 50 days atleast. I figured I needed to buy all Actions for each character. There is also the Artwork and Others, which you only have to buy once and not for each character. I did have a all the Others bought and some of the Artwork, but was more concerned with getting the Actions. So yesterday I started. Since I finished with Lambda 30 (the last one) and had 60 000 already in here bank, I just keeped it on her and let it run for 4 hours. Just before I left for work I bought all her actions. I still had money left over, so I decided to buy the artwork with it since I didn't need anything else for her. Well after I bought the last piece of artwork, the achievement "Shop Complete" unlocked. I was stunned. Reading the guide it says
In order to get this achievement you MUST buy everything in the shop with each of the character's even all 30 lambda's (created characters). This will take a long time, but is obtainable if you really want all 1,000 points in the game.

I don't know if the guide is wrong or if it's a glitch, but it was done.

Here is a pic of my stats.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s157/covertdog/Picture004.jpg

Karfield
08-27-2008, 11:32 AM
That is some insane dedication, even with a turbocontroller. Over 800 playhours is just something I have never reached in any console game I've played so far. I usually get bored/frustrated to death when I hit the magical 100 hour mark.

Gratz, you must feel relieved.

zzjj
08-29-2008, 06:38 AM
great job covert i guess you really wanted to 1k that game also where did you get the turbo controller and how much did it cost?

CovertDog
08-29-2008, 10:02 AM
great job covert i guess you really wanted to 1k that game also where did you get the turbo controller and how much did it cost?

I got mine at Wal-mart about a year after the 360 came out. Its made by MadCatz and was only $29 if I remember correctly. The things is I haven't seen any around for awhile. I know you can usually find them on e-bay or gaming retail sites.

JC
08-29-2008, 10:12 AM
That is amazing, you are a true Gamerscore Whore! I mean that in the nice way. :)

I could never sit through a game for over 800 hours to get the full 1000 GS.

So again, well done! :D

Hypnotik Andrew
09-23-2008, 02:02 AM
I only have 4 chapionships completed and not even started with the swimsuits.
:(
I try to finish 1 to 2 championships a day but great dedication!!

blackhandgang
09-23-2008, 02:15 AM
i started trying to go for the 1000 just before i started my masters degree and soon all gaming was pushed aside until this past august after i graduated and life finally settled down. I hope to one day get that 1000. I'm not that bing on achievement whoring as I know I'm not the best at games, but while it takes dedications, i think this might be one of few games that I could actually do it. It's good to hear there are still people out there going for it. It gives me a good boost to get back at it.

Hypnotik Andrew
09-23-2008, 02:22 AM
i started trying to go for the 1000 just before i started my masters degree and soon all gaming was pushed aside until this past august after i graduated and life finally settled down. I hope to one day get that 1000. I'm not that bing on achievement whoring as I know I'm not the best at games, but while it takes dedications, i think this might be one of few games that I could actually do it. It's good to hear there are still people out there going for it. It gives me a good boost to get back at it.

yea well post something about your process or if you have any tips about the swimsuits (the biggest pain in the ass part of the game)

zyxomma100
09-23-2008, 06:15 PM
Congrats. Even if I had a turbo controller lying around, I doubt I'd bother to find a method and get this 1000 out of the way.

P1TTMAN
09-25-2008, 06:12 PM
yea well post something about your process or if you have any tips about the swimsuits (the biggest pain in the ass part of the game) What swimsuit tips? I haven't noticed any trouble yet.

Aw crap... I am so not prepared for 800hrs on this.

drewmart
10-17-2008, 03:19 PM
Did you find this game difficult or just time consuming? One of my friends has this on their list and wants a 1000, as his completion % is very high. I, on the other hand, am going nowhere near this game, 800 hours!

Mayyday
11-24-2008, 07:22 AM
What turbo controller are you guys using? All I can find on ebay are ludicrously-high-priced modded controllers.

CovertDog
11-24-2008, 08:49 AM
What turbo controller are you guys using? All I can find on ebay are ludicrously-high-priced modded controllers.

Mine is a MadCatz. Bought it for under $30 at Walmart less then a month after the 360 came out. I haven't look for any sense, but the feeling a get from talking to others is that the are really rare find at a store.

Mayyday
11-24-2008, 02:55 PM
Would the Hori one work?

Amazon.com: Hori Controller EX Turbo for Xbox 360: Video Games

CovertDog
11-24-2008, 04:51 PM
Would the Hori one work?

Amazon.com: Hori Controller EX Turbo for Xbox 360: Video Games (http://www.amazon.com/Hori-Controller-EX-Turbo-Xbox-360/dp/B000HS0Y6K)

Ya, if you can find one. I have heard good things about it.

GReeN 8K
12-10-2008, 08:29 AM
800 Hours in the Same Game?! You have my Respect!

I Bought the Game Yesterday cause i like Wrestling Games and it was Cheap... Can someone tell me How much Gamerscore is possible if i dont want to Play more than ~ 20 Hours?

tadpeters
12-12-2008, 04:03 AM
800 Hours in the Same Game?! You have my Respect!

I Bought the Game Yesterday cause i like Wrestling Games and it was Cheap... Can someone tell me How much Gamerscore is possible if i dont want to Play more than ~ 20 Hours?

You're screwed. ;)

GReeN 8K
12-12-2008, 10:51 AM
You're screwed. ;)

Damn! :-(

I hope i can get a bit of Score i hate these 0 GS Games on my List...

M85A21
12-12-2008, 11:15 AM
That's pretty extreme Covert, Hats off to you.

Zenquen
12-14-2008, 12:34 AM
People using turbo controllers really makes my quest to do this by actually playing makes getting the achievements less fulfilling.

CovertDog
12-14-2008, 12:43 AM
People using turbo controllers really makes my quest to do this by actually playing makes getting the achievements less fulfilling.

If you can do it with out one, my hats off to you, but you won't. If you could stomach 4 hours a day, you are looking at least 211 days. You will either go insane or give up.

Zenquen
12-14-2008, 06:04 AM
If you can do it with out one, my hats off to you, but you won't. If you could stomach 4 hours a day, you are looking at least 211 days. You will either go insane or give up.

You know those movies where someone has a dream, but then there is always that one guy who is all like psh, you're dream is stupid, you will never do it. Then when that awesome person completes that dream and the nay sayer gets eaten by tigers... Well I am awesome and you are going to get eaten by tigers.

CovertDog
12-14-2008, 12:18 PM
Talk to me in 200 days and stop watching corny movies.

Marx0r
12-15-2008, 12:00 AM

Turbo controllers take longer. Sajaa did it manually in 615 hours.

omegamustard
01-06-2009, 05:48 PM
I have been playing this game for over a year. I have gotten all the championship achievement and all costumes with just Noble Rose, I'll finish the game one day. I usually play here and there, maybe I need to invest in a turbo controller.

UPR Captain
01-22-2009, 07:41 PM
I still have a long way to go, but I figured out a fairly easy way to earn money.

Unlocking the costumes for the starting characters can be done by starting the game a certain number of times and then beating the event match.

Unlocking the costumes for the alter-ego characters can be done by playing 80 matches with that character and then beating the event match.

I found the actual breakdown for each character on gamefaqs

The more characters you fight in a given match, the more money you get: 1 character nets roughly 1300
2 characters nets roughly 2000 (handicap or tag team)

*Most of the time there is a tag team match available. Your partner (whether you use them or not) also nets 2000, so you can build up the money of the second character at the same time*

There's no question that it will take a long time regardless, but that's what's working for me

dav1zzl3
02-10-2009, 01:48 AM
That, my friend is true dedication...props to you...I can't imagine letting my XBOX run for 843 hours just for 1000GS...wow is all I can say.

That's just about 35 days....5 straight weeks?!?:eek:!?! now that doesn't sound as bad...or is it just me?;)

Blackjaw x
02-10-2009, 01:55 AM
I like how everyone failed to get the point of this thread and just congratulated you.

Covert, I appreciate your showing the community that there is an easier way to get the achievement. :P

Mayyday
02-17-2009, 10:51 PM
To those still looking for a turbo controller (ie me), try the SFIV fightpad.

I don't actually have it yet, but it looks promising, and WAY more affordable than the MadCatz/Hori/modded ones.

Amazon.com: Xbox 360 Street Fighter IV FightPad - Chun-Li: Video Games

I Orange I
03-13-2009, 04:24 PM
Man I wish I could go get all 1000. My disc is all fucked up and I cannot access the customization menu. D:

TomoyoN
05-14-2009, 01:56 PM
So has anyone else tried doing the shop complete achievement the same way?

carwarr
05-15-2009, 12:36 AM
I have a long way to go but I have read that post over and over and dont exactly understand. Is he/she saying that she only had to get the shop complete for one of the Lamba? That is what I sall try once I get there.

So has anyone else tried doing the shop complete achievement the same way?

TomoyoN
05-20-2009, 08:35 AM
I have a long way to go but I have read that post over and over and dont exactly understand. Is he/she saying that she only had to get the shop complete for one of the Lamba? That is what I sall try once I get there.

So I did it the way CovertDog did it and it also unlocked for me... Woohoo!!!

Antzquad
05-29-2009, 04:23 AM
damn 800 hours, my girlfriend just gave me this game cause the box was broken at her store and she was told to keep it, this surely wont be a 1000 for me :P

FeLizP
11-10-2009, 04:56 PM
You should be ashamed of yourselves.Turbo Controlling for money?! Don't make me snicker!:pHave you guys not forgotten the reason we started playing video games in the first place? Apparently so. And now we have been reduced to Turbo Controller Spamming? Shameful!

This game can be 1000G'ed MANUALLY in as little as 230 Hours if that!

I completed the game in 228 hours and what people don't know is that if you read my guides you will find the answer to truly deserving the 1000G for the game.

I still owe regard to Covert for the unnecessarily long devotion to the game. 800+ hours?:eek:

Can't give him full props though since he really wasn't playing the game he just had a controller do it for him while he did something else.

Everyone in this Thread, if you are willing to put a 'little bit' of effort and want to get the 1000Gs the right way read my guides. I promise it you will be done within 300 hours.Nobody wants to have to search for a turbo controller and pay money just to 1000G a game. Well, except these guys.
I'm out.

Zukin-Man
11-15-2009, 02:14 PM
Not to mention, I've never seen the computer just sit there and eat punches on Street Fight, even on Easy difficulty.

I'll stick with the Shooter 1 method, thanks.

CovertDog
12-08-2009, 12:20 AM
I know this a late reply (haven't been in this forum for awhile), but I just want to respond to the comments about doing it faster. I agree you can do it faster by playing it out, but my method isn't about speed. It's about not having to play for 200-300 hours. I played for maybe a total of 20 hours, the turbo controller did the rest. I was able to enjoy other games and still work towards finishing it. I'm not saying either method is better, it's just comes down to the time you want to put into it.

Zukin-Man
12-08-2009, 01:40 AM
I was able to enjoy other games...

Unfortunately, some of us only have one XBox 360 and/or TV. Using it to let a turbo controller grind out money means a lot of just sitting around for some of us.

Thehefferkiller
12-16-2009, 10:10 PM
That is some insane dedication, even with a turbocontroller. Over 800 playhours is just something I have never reached in any console game I've played so far. I usually get bored/frustrated to death when I hit the magical 100 hour mark.

Gratz, you must feel relieved.
the only game i've gotten close to 800 with was PSU, and that was 700 hours of ONLINE play (super fun) jesus christ level of dedication

Sampson
02-15-2010, 03:22 PM
It's really not that hard of a 1000.

ShadowStar Mila
02-29-2012, 10:19 PM
That is some serious dedication but I will never get any more achievments for this game and I only have 11 and all of them was win the singles titles once with every default character and thats when I stopped :P

pandaliamcod6
04-15-2012, 04:25 PM
How logn will it take for me to get 250G:p

Optomistic
06-18-2012, 08:23 AM
How logn will it take for me to get 250G:p

Is that a serious question? They just listed the times multiple times through out the topic. (approximations)
Turbo methodi: 800 hours
Manual method: 300 hours

50 hours max is all this game is worth to me. I've done grind sessions up to 8 hours and received an achievement at the end of that. On other games But I refuse to do more than 20, let alone 250.

So as the OP said, if you better things to do and don't mind auto boosting, then go for it. Or if u want the satisfaction of dedicating to an obscene amount of time, then that's your choice as well.

TonySki
10-11-2012, 09:20 PM
I got this game back in Febuary. Got caught up and stopped boosting for a few months because I couldn't figure out how to unlock the other characters. Once I figured that out last month though I got back into the grind. I'm using the Turbo method with my Street Fighter Turbo pad and it's fairly simple to set up to get about an achievement a day right now.

Total play time currently is 299 hours with 230 Gamerscore. I could easily make that 250 right now with Mistress' outfit complete but I'm waiting untill tomorrow to get it.