PDA

View Full Version : 360 Repaired... Content Licenses Lost?

Derrick DS
08-27-2008, 12:57 PM
I just got my 360 back from my RROD repairs, but I now have another issue. When I tried to play any of my XBLA arcade games offline, I couldn't. Long story short, all my downloaded PAID content was no longer working offline, only online.

Now, I followed the instructions provided with my returned 360 to get my content licenses back (go to my download history and re-download all my stuff so the licenses are re-activated in my name), and that didn't work either.

I called microsoft, and after being transferred around 4 times, they came to the conclusion that they would call me back in 5 to 10 days. Yeah, right.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

GesterX
08-27-2008, 01:15 PM
As far as I know there's nothing you can do about it. I have this problem and did the same as you and I never got that call back from MS call centre.

Female Ninja
08-27-2008, 02:32 PM
Try this

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/

AOS Puck
08-27-2008, 03:03 PM
From the sounds of it, you didn't get your console back. You got your hard drive, but a different console and that's why your licenses stopped working. Use the method Female Ninja linked and you should be good to go.

ACMercenary
08-27-2008, 03:28 PM
Wait what? XBLA Games are saved to your HARD DRIVE. Not to the X360 itself? Or did they ask for your Hard Drive too? I normally just got asked for the bare XBox, and would keep the Hard Drive.

Ubidan
08-27-2008, 03:35 PM
Wait what? XBLA Games are saved to your HARD DRIVE. Not to the X360 itself? Or did they ask for your Hard Drive too? I normally just got asked for the bare XBox, and would keep the Hard Drive.

When you download xbla games, they're saved to your hard drive, but the liscenses to use the games are linked to your console and your gamertag. So if you try to play them on a different console(like after a repair) you need to be signed into XBL.

Go to the site Female Ninja suggested and you'll be able to link the liscense with another console so you can play offline.

master_shake_350
08-27-2008, 04:25 PM
I just got my 360 back from my RROD repairs, but I now have another issue. When I tried to play any of my XBLA arcade games offline, I couldn't. Long story short, all my downloaded PAID content was no longer working offline, only online.

Now, I followed the instructions provided with my returned 360 to get my content licenses back (go to my download history and re-download all my stuff so the licenses are re-activated in my name), and that didn't work either.

I called microsoft, and after being transferred around 4 times, they came to the conclusion that they would call me back in 5 to 10 days. Yeah, right.

I have the sane problem . But i see someone has found a solution so i will try it and see if it works.

singingbush
08-27-2008, 04:29 PM
When I had this problem with my 1st 360 I called customer service and they gave me enough MS points to buy all my xbla games again. (as i have 2 profiles on the machine and after replacement only the profile that was used to purchase them was able to play them)

Derrick DS
08-27-2008, 05:14 PM
First of all, thank you for all the responses and the possible one solution that was posted! I will check it out when I get home from work.

Secondly, to those who said I got a different console... it is, to my knowledge, the same console. It has the same serial number, same everything, at least on the outside. The only thing I could think of was that the component that saves the licenses in the 360 was replaced, in which case, Female Ninja's method should work for me. If that doesn't work, I'm at the mercy of Microsoft.

I'll keep everyone informed on the situation.

_DaNnY_
08-27-2008, 05:22 PM

I haven't had any kind of experience with this but that's because I don't download and play any XBLA games.

I prefer to buy, physically own and play games that I can see for myself on my own DVD tower.

Sorry to hear about the problems you've had - hopefully a lucky call to MS will get you connected to somebody helpful. :)

gamerguy69
08-27-2008, 06:20 PM
I was also having the same problem since I received a different console back after I got the RRoD in February.

I tried the re-download method and it didn't seem to work months ago. Following Ninja's link above, I just tried that method and it worked!!!! Finally!!!! :)

The only thing that is different this time around is that I installed a wireless router only yesterday and was simultaneously signed into my Xbox LIVE thru the console and online.

I still had to do the re-download method (as instructed) after the licenses were transferred online.

Skillet
08-27-2008, 07:25 PM
Yeah... my sister's first Elite stopped working. Instead of wasting the time sending it to MS, she just took it to GameStop (she bought it before they stopped in-store warranties on MS products) and got a new console. Luckily, they gave her back her hard drive.

Of course, her four kids couldn't play their arcade games because it was a different console. She called MS several times and after faxing the new console's serial number... twice, calling them about 4 more times and after waiting about a month.. they transferred her content licenses.

So basically, calling MS is a slow pain in the ass. But at least it works.

Female Ninja
08-28-2008, 03:21 AM
I am glad I helped so many :D Goodluck to you guys

Derrick DS
08-28-2008, 03:23 AM
Well I'll be... it worked! I did find the flaw that was keeping me from playing my games offline & from enabling my game content. It turned out that while I did still have the same xbox 360, the console ID number was changed. When I called Microsoft last Friday,they told me everything was the same on the xbox. Liars. :P

Thanks for the link Ninja!!!!

Royle
08-28-2008, 09:40 AM
Yeah I had the same problem with my 360 but cheers to Female Ninja I can play my XBL games offline cheers for the help.

Derrick DS
08-28-2008, 07:11 PM
You're not going to believe this.... a Microsoft rep called me back literally a few minutes ago! Funny thing is that they told me to go to the very link that Ninja already provided. They told me that they made an error and that they basically borked my console ID and didn't tell me they changed it when I spoke with them the first time. That was really the only issue.

This has to be the first sign of the apocalypse. :P

gamerguy69
08-29-2008, 12:15 AM
I have noticed another issue. Although I was able to use the transfer tool in Female Ninja's link above, I only immediately re-downloaded my arcade games that I had on my console. It was not more than 6 games. A couple of FREE promos that MS had offered such as Undertow and TotemBall.

After doing this, I immediately tested them out on 2 other profiles I had created recently. I'm able to play them. Good Deal!

However, those were the only things I re-downloaded and figured I could go back later and do the other stuff such as the remaining themes, gamerpic packs and videos.

Sometime later I went to re-download a "South Park" episode that I had. I went OFFLINE and tried to play it and it wasn't playable on any of my profiles even the one that I originally downloaded it too.

Perhaps I should have re-downloaded everything all at once. Now most of my videos are only playable when I'm online. :-|