PDA

View Full Version : games for windows llive.

SkillfulMmd
08-27-2008, 01:06 PM
Hey, ive had my live account for 5 years now and i think ive been using game for windows live for a year now.. and i have purchased all my game legit but i was just wandering what the chances are of me getting banned is if i "borrow" a game from my freind.

Sanction
08-27-2008, 01:11 PM
Your chances don't change whether you're a 5 year old member "borrowing" games or a brand new 1 day old user. Meaning, you'll be banned either way.

But then again, "borrowing" can mean so many things.

Daywalker-san
08-27-2008, 01:12 PM
You wont get banned, Microsoft will block the usage of the game and ask you nicely to buy a new license key

SkillfulMmd
08-27-2008, 01:41 PM
Your chances don't change whether you're a 5 year old member "borrowing" games or a brand new 1 day old user. Meaning, you'll be banned either way.

But then again, "borrowing" can mean so many things.

i know i was just saying.

and as for borrowing my freind has the club and i was gonna use his disk and find a key.

neok182
08-27-2008, 11:39 PM
unfortountly all GFWL games cd-keys are coded to the gamertag who goes onto them. unlike non GFWL games who's DRM allows you multiple installs.

i don't think you'll be banned though i think it just simply won't let you play or say that this code has already been used.

Daywalker-san
08-28-2008, 12:20 AM
unfortountly all GFWL games cd-keys are coded to the gamertag who goes onto them. unlike non GFWL games who's DRM allows you multiple installs.

i don't think you'll be banned though i think it just simply won't let you play or say that this code has already been used.

Aha, not true, its one gamertag at a time, my copy of GOW has be used by 3 different people and tags and works fine for me

Gun-Nut
08-28-2008, 01:20 AM
Well my Gears is installed on 2 computers in the house both using same key and both can be used online at the same time with different tags no problems :)

Edit:
Same with The Club & Halo 2

SkillfulMmd
08-28-2008, 12:41 PM
Well my Gears is installed on 2 computers in the house both using same key and both can be used online at the same time with different tags no problems :)

Edit:
Same with The Club & Halo 2

this brings me to my next question if i have the club on the xbox will the pc achievements work as well or does it not count?

Gun-Nut
08-28-2008, 01:34 PM
this brings me to my next question if i have the club on the xbox will the pc achievements work as well or does it not count?

I'm pretty sure they are counted as two different games even though have the same name.

Since I've only got The Club on PC and I know a friend who played it on 360 and just says i've not played the game yet.

SkillfulMmd
08-28-2008, 01:48 PM
cool thanks to all people in this thread that helped.

i will post back if i see thats its working.

neok182
08-28-2008, 03:24 PM
yea any PC games that get achievements are separate from their 360 versions.

for example the two i have show up as
Halo 2 (PC) whereas the xbox version says Halo 2
Gears of War For Windows. and obviously the 360 version just says Gears of War. same goes for the rest there will be (PC) or something like it there to make them different.

Looking forward to getting double points for GTA IV when that comes out for live lol.

now if microsoft will just get halo 3 out for windows already dammit! lol.

xENVxGAMERSKREW
08-29-2008, 06:56 PM
Yeah, I kinda want to see a couple games out for windows live (now that i upgraded my pc) get double points... but its hard to find some games for windows like at gamestop i tried searching for shadow run (pc) but i couldnt find the pc ver so i got the 360 ver...

neok182
08-29-2008, 08:38 PM
yea for PC games at gamestop you usually have to go to the big ones. and even then it could be tough to find them.

UDGuy
08-29-2008, 08:56 PM
yea any PC games that get achievements are separate from their 360 versions.

for example the two i have show up as
Halo 2 (PC) whereas the xbox version says Halo 2
Gears of War For Windows. and obviously the 360 version just says Gears of War. same goes for the rest there will be (PC) or something like it there to make them different.

Wrong! While your examples are correct, there are a couple of games that you can get the achievements on the PC or the 360. Shadowrun for sure and Universe at War I believe. Just shows up as the game title if you have it on either platform.