PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question regarding MS Points

Evo Kazz
08-27-2008, 01:20 PM
I have a main account that is UK based, and thats where all my MS Points go when I buy them, but my partner has her account down as a USA one. I noticed on her marketplace she can buy Spongebob game from Live Arcade but on the UK marketplace it is not there.

If I was to add points to her account, and she bought this game, would I be able to still play it from my UK account but more importantly would achievements unlock to my UK gamercard, even though the game was bought on a USA account??? hope that makes sense.

So basically can I buy a USA game on a differant account, and then sign out, sign into my UK account, play this USA game and unlock achievements on my UK account lol

I IVIuTanT I
08-27-2008, 02:20 PM
Yes you can do that. You'll have to buy the points with a credit card or buy some american points off ebay though because the uk ones don't work on a US account.

JC
08-27-2008, 03:17 PM
Yes, you can. I did it last week!

Evo Kazz
08-27-2008, 03:44 PM
Would a UK debit card work? I tried before with my UK account and it wouldnt let me pay for points with debit card?

I cant seem to find any NTSC Points on ebay, does anyone know where a good place to buy in UK is, online is ok.

MoonSka
08-27-2008, 04:36 PM
I don't know if a debit card will work or not, but here's a site that I suggested to another member awhile back.

GameCards (http://www.gamecards.eu/games/goods/43)

You can purchase cards for US accounts or European accounts, though I'm not sure how competitively priced the European cards are compared to a retail location. The US cards are about $3 more, but they do email you a code within 15 minutes, so it's certainly easier than going to a store.

Evo Kazz
08-27-2008, 07:06 PM
Thats awesome m8 thanksss

AlphaXGamerXDad
08-27-2008, 07:11 PM
How could I download other region content with a US account? Would I need a temporary UK account for the download and then just play on mine. I'm buying a PAL console soon, so will this help/hurt anything?

vI Starlight Iv
08-27-2008, 07:40 PM
Would a UK debit card work? I tried before with my UK account and it wouldnt let me pay for points with debit card?

I cant seem to find any NTSC Points on ebay, does anyone know where a good place to buy in UK is, online is ok.

okay my debt card works with xbox live........ur card shud work

also some arcade stuff is regoin locked so there is no garuntee it will work

MoonSka
08-28-2008, 03:59 AM
How could I download other region content with a US account? Would I need a temporary UK account for the download and then just play on mine. I'm buying a PAL console soon, so will this help/hurt anything?
Everything is tied to the account, so having a PAL console won't help, but it won't hurt either. I have a couple of Silver Accounts for the sole purpose of downloading region specific content.

master_shake_350
08-31-2008, 07:01 PM
This probably sounds dumb but if i buy Castle Crashers on my German account i can play the full version on my American???

knockton55
08-31-2008, 07:22 PM
I don't know if a debit card will work or not, but here's a site that I suggested to another member awhile back.

GameCards (http://www.gamecards.eu/games/goods/43)

You can purchase cards for US accounts or European accounts, though I'm not sure how competitively priced the European cards are compared to a retail location. The US cards are about $3 more, but they do email you a code within 15 minutes, so it's certainly easier than going to a store.

Wow, thanks alot dude! That's great

JC
08-31-2008, 07:40 PM
This probably sounds dumb but if i buy Castle Crashers on my German account i can play the full version on my American???
Yes, if it is the same 360. :)

Gyouseki_Puro
08-31-2008, 09:46 PM
Yep you most deffo can, enjoy the game lol :)