PDA

View Full Version : All You Can Quaff: What a Dumb Idea

Amazon XD
08-27-2008, 04:30 PM
Don't get me wrong, the minigame isn't a bad idea.

BUT WHOSE IDEA WAS IT, to fucking put computers on ranked matches. I have a 2 person ranked match, and the COMPUTER is beating me and my opponent.

It's bullshit.

rockhopper
08-27-2008, 04:41 PM
there's an option to put max players at 2 when you create the match. I managed to get a couple games in with max 2 people.

Vapourise
08-27-2008, 05:02 PM
your looky you even have the game my parents are in debt atm and cancled credit cards and cant afford 2100 for 17 so i cant get it i only have 690 microsoft points. its a bummer for me atm the best iv don is compted the trial 4 times, once with each charrector. :(

Amazon XD
08-27-2008, 08:45 PM
your looky you even have the game my parents are in debt atm and cancled credit cards and cant afford 2100 for 17 so i cant get it i only have 690 microsoft points. its a bummer for me atm the best iv don is compted the trial 4 times, once with each charrector. :(

Wait, so your parents being in debt, therefore you can't play the game, invalidates the fact that the designers made a dumb decision?

How old are you? Get a job. If you're not old enough, then I guess it's a bummer, but if you're 16, get a job.

That being said, I got 22 wins in "All You Can Quaf" RANKED, and I didn't get the achievement.

Wulfaur
08-28-2008, 03:08 AM
I think its pretty fun, really gets hard to press it so fast...my arms tired from this game rapid fire.

Amazon XD
08-28-2008, 03:15 AM
I think its pretty fun, really gets hard to press it so fast...my arms tired from this game rapid fire.

Yeah, it's fun. Untill you hit 22 wins and the achievement doesn't unlock.

xepherys
08-28-2008, 04:13 AM

You must not be a UK native... or you're the worst English typing Brit I've ever seen. Wow! I wanted to be constructive in this thread, but just wow...

n i c k
08-28-2008, 10:27 AM
I'm just amazed how fast people can mash X and Y, the one game I managed to finish the person in first was one fruit ahead of me (in 2nd).

Axe Argonian
08-28-2008, 04:26 PM
I agree. It's a pretty stupid mini-game.

Ruthless
08-28-2008, 06:37 PM
Your lucky you even have the game my parents are in debt atm and cancelled thier credit cards and we cant afford 2100 for 17 so i cant get it i only have 690 microsoft points. Its a bummer for me atm the best ive done is completed the trial 4 times, once with each character. :(

Yet they can afford the internet, a PC/Laptop and a xbox 360? Couldn't afford public school which is free? No?

The game is ridden with glitches and isnt worth 100 Ms points so save thier money.

P.S I took it apon to me to correct your post in my quote and it took me ages btw.

Matt Jo
08-28-2008, 11:58 PM
I cant seem to win in this mode, I have like 3 wins WTF? it is so hard, any tips?

Rolyatkcinmai
08-29-2008, 12:35 AM
P.S I took it apon to me to correct your post in my quote and it took me ages btw.

And you still used the wrong form of your, forgot countless apostrophes in contractions, and misspelled their. Leave the kid alone, he sounds pretty young.

M85A21
08-29-2008, 02:39 AM
Maybe from now on you should all grow up and just answer the OP?
I played this game to death on Newgrounds, so won't be buying it.

SpeedKills3255
08-29-2008, 04:31 AM
yeah it is pissing me off when the computer beats me.

DocRevolt
08-29-2008, 05:05 AM
The game is ridden with glitches and isnt worth 100 Ms points so save thier money.
I'm going to beat you to death with an uncooked trout >:O

TheVoidRose
03-29-2009, 01:38 PM
I agree this mode is pretty silly, for one it hurts. I have a few wins but it gets so tiresome, I only play one match and I can't play another for about an hour.

And you still used the wrong form of your, forgot countless apostrophes in contractions, and misspelled their. Leave the kid alone, he sounds pretty young.

Your = *Possessive* Talking about something belonging to another, [Your Post]
You're = You Are [You're not playing the game right!]

I think he used the right form Rolyatkcinmai...

JVinz
03-31-2009, 01:45 AM
I agree this mode is pretty silly, for one it hurts. I have a few wins but it gets so tiresome, I only play one match and I can't play another for about an hour..

Wow major bumpage.

I personally enjoy this mode, just wish there were more people playing it... It might be easier to get the achievement if we had more participants.

eynotie
02-10-2010, 01:29 PM
I agree that this achievement is a bad idea. Button-mashing needs to go away. I just struggled through several of Blue Dragon's button-mashing achievements. Hope this doesn't show up in too many more games.

padraiglovesyou
02-10-2010, 02:25 PM
Agreed I don't like this game at all. I wanted to boost my friend and he couldn't keep up with the computer either. Him going crazy at it though was pretty fun :D

[Waggly Bean]
02-10-2010, 02:40 PM
I agree that this achievement is a bad idea. Button-mashing needs to go away. I just struggled through several of Blue Dragon's button-mashing achievements. Hope this doesn't show up in too many more games.

You just bumped a thread that's almost a year old! :eek:

But it did make me read this:
Your = *Possessive* Talking about something belonging to another, [Your Post]
You're = You Are [You're not playing the game right!]

I think he used the right form Rolyatkcinmai...
And he didn't use the correct form.
He said "Your lucky", which should be "You are lucky", therefore should be "You're lucky".
Just had to point that out being as nobody actually registered that! :p

Kunduz
02-10-2010, 02:42 PM
It's a pretty dumb idea, that's for sure

mig0
04-08-2010, 06:17 AM
there's an option to put max players at 2 when you create the match. I managed to get a couple games in with max 2 people.

tried this and still got 2 computer players.

Aki2403
04-08-2010, 05:12 PM
tried this and still got 2 computer players.

I hate the computer players. I was considering buying a turbo pad just for this, however with a LOT of practice I'm now at the point where I can finish by the time they're half way done.

mig0
04-09-2010, 05:56 AM
I need a tip on this.

So how does it work, do I have to alternate x and y or can i mash them together at the same time? either way what messes me up is not hitting the A button...and I struggle with not accidentally hitting B, the guide or other buttons.

(edit) figured it out on my own. both buttons at the same time works as well as x, then y. And it was ... "easy" in the sense that the computer wasnt even close to me but god my arms hurt. heh.

(second edit)

I got this achievement today after going 19-3 in these matches though I think somehow 1 match I did win didnt get recorded in the leaderboards.

Chazzi27
06-16-2010, 07:04 PM
For those who are having a REALLY hard time with this, just go out and buy a SFIV Fight Pad. It has the ability to have programable turbo buttons, so you can make it so by just holding down X and Y you wreck. I mean, if you are trying to boost them anyways what's the problem adding a bit of turbo into the equation?

The controller also makes an awesome tool for any Arcade Game since the D-Pad is SOOO much better than the standard 360 Controller D-Pad...so you can think of as an investment in becoming better at Fighting Games?

Menno NiSuTe
06-29-2010, 08:48 AM
I win every time :D can't really believe people have trouble with this one :P
But yes, it is very tiring for the arms, so if anyone wants to do it together im games for that.
GT: Menno NiSuTe

Sixfeetbehind
07-14-2010, 02:05 AM
Its very easy if you know the essential tip: You'll have to mash both button together, by using your thumb. This goes much quicker

xxBob360
12-17-2010, 07:53 PM
I hate All You Can Quaff. Well it's fun, but if you're playing against CPU's it really sucks -_-

TheLadder
07-25-2011, 05:21 PM
Its a great mini game - I knew my skills from International Track & Field would come in handy one day... Just place your thumbs over X and Y and then shake the controller in your hand so the buttons get pressed in a rapid fashion. Works a treat, although you will get tired quickly. Who needs a turbo pad?!

aciddata
07-28-2011, 03:51 PM
Any of you have any idea why the Quaff / Glork achievement isn't unlocking? I'm currently 22 wins and it still hasn't unlocked, I'm setting up my own RANKED game and then beating the people who join.

This sucks :(

EDIT: It's just unlocked and my stats are: Wins 23 / Losses 20

RBmaster9345
08-03-2011, 07:45 PM
I remember a similar control from a game a while ago where you needed to mash buttons fast. I rubber banded a popsicle stick across the buttons a just mashed the end of the stick. Freaking wrecked and I've considered doing the same for this cheivo but I dont know if it'll work as well

KamonByon7
08-18-2011, 06:55 AM
A pretty pointless mini-game in my opinion. But that achievement is a tough one to get i'll say that much haha.

Xplozion27
08-18-2011, 05:14 PM
You're lucky you even have the game, my parents are in debt at the moment. They canceled their credit cards and can't afford 2100 Microsoft points which equates to 17. So I can't get it, I only have 690 Microsoft points. It's a bummer for me at the moment. The best I've done is completed the trial four times. Once with each character. :(

There we go, fixed it.

GILLHUHN
08-27-2011, 01:57 AM
That being said, I got 22 wins in "All You Can Quaf" RANKED, and I didn't get the achievement.1 strategy to rule them all GH/RB drum set get a friend have one person do a drum roll on yellow pad have the other person do a roll on the blue pad works wonders. We won every time using this didn't lose once.

littlejay
08-28-2011, 08:50 PM
i had a turbo controller and got the achievement in an hour. after about 15 wins it was hard to get people to stay in my lobby but i found new victims and unlocked it 20/2.

pretty stupid if i didnt have that controller. now to boost arena :/

macgyver893
08-30-2011, 06:29 AM
For those who are having a REALLY hard time with this, just go out and buy a SFIV Fight Pad. It has the ability to have programable turbo buttons, so you can make it so by just holding down X and Y you wreck. I mean, if you are trying to boost them anyways what's the problem adding a bit of turbo into the equation?

The controller also makes an awesome tool for any Arcade Game since the D-Pad is SOOO much better than the standard 360 Controller D-Pad...so you can think of as an investment in becoming better at Fighting Games?

This is awesome as I was wondering this.... I have one of the SF4 fight pads and it just dawned on me to try and use it for this achievement.

macgyver893
08-31-2011, 03:07 AM
Got it! Probably pissed off a few people b/c it was NO competition with the turbo. Time to get the ranked arena achievements now.

mcgrewpunk
10-17-2011, 02:10 PM
Definitely an achievement that I won't be rushing to collect. All You Can Quaff is BAD. That music aswell...

I mak3 big boom
05-27-2012, 02:01 AM
Would a hori turbo controller work for this achievement. And is there a way to tell if the controllers work for x and y and not just the triggers? I've been looking through eBay and half of em don't say shit. Here's a link. Would this controller work?

This http://www.ebay.com/itm/Akuma-Street-Fighter-4-IV-Wired-Turbo-Controller-for-Xbox-360-Microsoft-Used?item=150772267437&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D1%26po%3D LVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8701037642463360607

Or this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hori-EX2-Turbo-Controller-BLACK-NEW-Microsoft-XBOX-360-/160808302921?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item2570ebf949#ht_6151wt_922

Sorry I've never really used or really looked into a turbocontroller before...

Or finally this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/XBOX-360-TURBO-FIRE-2-WIRELESS-CONTROLLER-WITH-RUMBLE-ERGONOMIC-DESIGN-/130659489817?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item1e6be99819#ht_2094wt_1126

Kairi
05-28-2012, 12:33 AM
I just got the All You Can Quaff achievement today and the CPU was really annoying at times. Sometimes it would be really slow, but other times it would eat super quickly and win really fast. I'm glad I never have to do that again lol

Fechdog
06-19-2012, 12:30 AM
This game is stupid. I literally got all 20 wins today with a regular controller. I also tried the arena. My level 36 beat a level 72! xD