PDA

View Full Version : Animal Orbs List (Where & How)

Monoxide Child
08-27-2008, 06:58 PM
Making a masterlist of animal orbs, what level they are on and how (if needed) to get them. As ordered in your barn.

Animal Name :: Animal Power :: Area :: Description

1. Chicken :: Increase to defense, strength and agility :: Flooded Temple :: First dry land section, there's an X right in front of two giant fish statues in the background. Dig there.

2. Cardinal :: Helps you find secret items :: Industrial Castle :: Top floor of castle, kill the brute and get the Cardinal.

3. Owlet :: Retrieves hidden fruit from trees :: Forest Entrance :: Right before you exit the deadlands go behind the overgrown area and swing your weapon.

4. Mr Buddy :: Helps you dig faster :: Home Castle :: Go back into the first room where all the tutorial people are. At the back far wall, near the veterinary lady, there's an X on a pile of straw. Dig it up.

5. Giraffey :: Helps you level up faster ::Desert :: Look for the X shapes on the sand (or have Pazzo as your animal :: he'll show you where to dig), the giraffe is one of the last ones before the end of the level.

6. Snoot :: Increases your strength :: Cyclops' Fortress :: Go pretty much to the end of the first room in Cyclops' Fortress bomb the wall twice. It's a darker shaded 'archway' in the wall. Even if you don't have bombs the enemies will throw them at you which affects it too.

7. Piggy :: Makes food give you more health :: Swamp Village Store :: Purchased for 585 gold.

8. Zebra :: Helps you find food in grass :: Desert Chase :: Taken from the guy on the camel, when you see him run off, follow as fast as you can (on the back of another camel, obviously). You'll need to dodge the quicksand, and then use an arrow to knock him off his camel before he reaches safety.

9. Rammy :: Knocks down enemies :: Tall Grass Field :: Taken from the large bear with the banner.

10. Spinny :: Increases your defense :: Volcano Store :: Purchased for 680 gold.

11. Bitey Bat :: Chomps enemy's heads :: Pipistrello's Cave :: Found after the boss bat.

12. Troll :: Slowly regenerates your health :: Thieves Forest :: Behind a wall, use 3 bombs to set him free.

13. Frogglet :: Can pick up items with his tongue :: Marsh :: Halfway through the first graveyard, the X is directly in front of an open crypt, just before the wall goes back and the area widens.

14. Seahorse :: Allows you to move quickly through water :: Thieves Forest :: Right after the dear leaves a poo streak and before the stream in the forest.

15. Snailburt :: Increases your defense but decreases your agility :: Marsh :: Towards the end, he is right out in the open so you cant miss him.

16. Scratchpaw :: Increases your strength and agility :: Sandcastle Interior :: There are two barred windows at the back of the room, the tiger is behind the second one. Use bombs on the cracked wall to get to him.

17. Yeti :: Protects you from being frozen :: Snow World :: As you go down the ramp and check behind the huts.

18. Monkeyface :: Increases your luck finding items :: Church Store :: Purchased for 750 gold.

19. Pazzo :: Helps you find buried treasures :: Snow Store :: Purchased for 750 gold.

20. Sherbert :: Helps you jump higher :: Animal Art :: Jump press Y then X then Y then X then Y. If you start close to the door each time you hit Y and it connects you move up a bit Pressing X resets your weapon animation so you can use Y attack again to gain more height.

21. Meowburt :: Increases your agility :: Parade :: Go to the level directly after PARADE and as soon as it loads go left and the next screen is the entrance to the tunnel where you hit your head and fell of the carriage previously. The cat should be in the middle of the road right there.

22. Hawkster :: Attacks fallen enemies :: Tall Grass Field :: Blow the horn outside the huts just before you get Rammy.

23. Burly Bear :: Increases strength :: Tall Grass Field :: With a sandwich and a couple of bombs. Go to where you climb up the grass section of the cliff but don't go up, instead head to the left side of the cliff, eat the sandwich and you'll find you can move the rock on the side. Inside there are two chests and a crack in the wall, the bear is in the crack.

24. BiPolar :: Mauls Enemies (and Friends) who are near death :: Snow World :: As you walk up the ramp, use the horn by the sign post signaling it. He pops out of the tunnel.

25. Beholder :: Gives you a magical boost :: Full Moon :: Play through the level with Cardinal as your animal. At the second hut up the mountain path, it'll bring you a golden key "weapon". This unlocks the padlocked door in the ark, and inside is the Beholder.

26. Install Ball :: Shoots enemies with his photons :: Alien Ship :: Play through until the countdown begins. Shoot the mechanism that destroys the first green laser gate (after the toilet) and head straight up. There's a door there (hard to see what with it being dark etc). Go left slightly. It's still possible to exit the ship before the countdown ends.

Thank you for everyone who helped with the thread. Mad props to CandidGamera and RetroFaun.

CandidGamera
08-27-2008, 07:25 PM
Here are the effects for the animal orbs already listed...

Owlet - retrieves hidden fruit from trees

Troll - slowly regenerates your health (about 6HP every ten seconds)

Scratchpaw (tiger) - increases your strength and agility.

Seahorse - allows you to move quickly through water

Now here are some others...

Monkeyface - increases your luck finding items - bought from the Church Store (750 gold).

Spiny - increases your defense - bought from the Volcano Store (680 gold).

Piggy - makes food give you more health - bought from Swamp Village Store (585 gold).

Pazzo (husky) - helps you find buried treasures - bought from Snow Store (750 gold).

Bitey Bat - chomps enemy's heads - found after the boss bat in Pipistrello's Cave.

Rammy - knocks down enemies - taken from the large bear with the banner in Tall Grass Field.

Hawkster - attacks fallen enemies - blow the horn outside the huts in Tall Grass Field just before you get Rammy.

Giraffey - helps you level up faster - dug up in the desert. Just look for the X shapes on the sand (or have Pazzo as your animal - he'll show you where to dig), the giraffe is one of the last ones before the end of the level.

Zebra - helps you find food in grass - taken from the guy on the camel in Desert Chase. When you see him run off, follow as fast as you can (on the back of another camel, obviously). You'll need to dodge the quicksand, and then use an arrow to knock him off his camel before he reaches safety.

Sherbert (cat) - helps you jump higher - hiding near the ceiling at the back of the animal ark. Stand in the middle of the door and use a sandwich. Now jump and start hammering the Y button. You should start to rise up the door as you attack it. When you reach the top, Sherbert should follow you down. It can take a few attempts, so stock up on sandwiches (you can buy them from the Volcano Store) and keep trying.

I can't remember where I found these, but here's what they do...

Cardinal - helps you find secret items

Snailburt - increases your defense but decreases your agility.

According to the official Castle Crashers blog, there are at least two others...

Chicken - increase to defense, strength and agility

Frogglet - can pick up items with his tongue. I actually saw a small frog hopping around in the Flooded Temple, but couldn't find any animal orb nearby.

Rickt
08-27-2008, 07:32 PM
For the Zebra just ride on after him :) If you have a friend it really helps

CandidGamera
08-27-2008, 07:38 PM
Yeah, I literally just worked it out - and edited my post accordingly!

So how many more are there? There can't be that many. And I'm guessing that finding them all opens that mysterious door in the Ark...

DDR Midian
08-27-2008, 08:07 PM
Is the tiger in the desert level that's actually called "desert"? I just went through it and didn't see him anywhere, found the giraffe though.

Kazoturkey
08-27-2008, 08:09 PM
I've got a massive glitch that took away ALL my orbs. Also how do I actually get the troll and tiger cat thing? They won't unlock if I jump around in front of them and swing my sword.

CandidGamera
08-27-2008, 08:12 PM
The tiger is in the Sandcastle Interior - right after Desert Chase. There are two barred windows at the back of the room, the tiger is behind the second one. Use bombs on the cracked wall to get to him.

Shuyinsama
08-27-2008, 08:13 PM
for the tiger its in the desert castle entrance you need to blow 2 bombs at the crack in the wall there a little left of the tiger...

as for the troll just stand before it and throw 3 bombs and it will open

now for the hawkster you have to blow the horns where or how do i get the horns

Monoxide Child
08-27-2008, 08:18 PM
Candid you rock!

Rickt
08-27-2008, 08:20 PM
Chicken is in the temple, use the burried treasure naimal to pinpoint its location as you go through the level.

Frog is in the marsh, again use the burried animal to find the location. I'm guessing from all the ones I have theres 4 in each bit

CandidGamera
08-27-2008, 08:30 PM
I'm not sure the frog is in the temple after all. Playing it again, there's a small frog that hops across the ground about halfway through the Marsh level - I've followed him all the way back to the start of the level, but he just stays there, hopping on the spot.

The Frogglet animal orb must be there somewhere, but I can't figure out where. If you play the level with the Cardinal as your animal orb, it brings you a fishing rod, but that doesn't seem to have any effect either.

EDIT: That'll teach me to take too long typing.

mozie
08-27-2008, 08:42 PM
I have one not mentioned on the list.

BiPolar Bear - Mauls Enemies (and Friends) who are near death.
Cant remember exactly where he was, in snow world I think

CandidGamera
08-27-2008, 08:43 PM
OK, the Chicken is in the first dry land section of the Flooded Temple. There's an X right in front of two giant fish statues in the background. Dig there.

The Frog is about halfway through the first graveyard in the Marsh. The X is directly in front of an open crypt, just before the wall goes back and the area widens.

That makes 18 animal orbs located. Do we know how many there are in total? I'm guessing 20 is a nice round number...

Shuyinsama
08-27-2008, 08:46 PM
does anyone know about the horns where do i get them?

Rickt
08-27-2008, 08:59 PM
Bi-polar use the horn on the ice level, there is a sign post signalling it.

To get a horn beat the Corn boss I think past the marsh level.

CandidGamera
08-27-2008, 09:02 PM
Yep, the polar bear is at the very end of the Snow World level. As you walk up the ramp, blow your horn and he pops out of the tunnel.

Monoxide Child
08-27-2008, 09:02 PM
Another off the list, thank you!

Shuyinsama
08-27-2008, 09:03 PM
sweet thanx.

also i think there are 24 animals, at the ark there are 6 "rooms" each are gonna hold 4 animals i think, as they line up i already got one where there are 4 lined up

CandidGamera
08-27-2008, 09:04 PM
If there are supposed to be four in each alcove inside the ark, that means there are five not listed in this thread.

Monoxide Child
08-27-2008, 09:06 PM
Went to look at the devblog and the site went BEWM!

COLENBLOKER
08-27-2008, 09:52 PM
sorry if its already been said but snailburt is in the Marsh level towards the end... he is right out in the open so you cant miss him

aPerfektFIaw
08-27-2008, 09:57 PM
yeah im pretty sure there are 24 too. i beat the game and im missing 5 or 6 animals.

im not ready for the new insane mode that unlocked... and im wondering whats behind the locked door in the animal house as well. possible dlc for new animals maybe?

also... instead of unlocking the guy with the chain mail on his face when i beat it, i got a skeleton. anyone know why? my brother got the chain mail guy and we played it together the whole way through. currently a level 29.

Shuyinsama
08-27-2008, 10:01 PM
snailburt - its in the marsh its sitting next to a wooden cabin, you can't really miss him

Monoxide Child
08-27-2008, 10:01 PM
Being at work is driving me crazy.

DDR Midian
08-27-2008, 10:10 PM
Snoot the elephant is in the Cyclops' Fortress level. Bomb the cracked wall in the very first room.

Edit: Yeti is in the same area as Bi-polar Bear, go down the ramp and check behind the huts (thanks to negablitz3 from the GameFAQs forums)

CandidGamera
08-28-2008, 12:37 AM
A couple more...

Mr Buddy - helps you dig faster - at the very start of the game, in Home Castle, go back into the first room where all the tutorial people are. At the back far wall, near the veterinary lady, there's an X on a pile of straw. Dig it up.

Beholder - gives you a magical boost - play through Full Moon with Cardinal as your animal. At the second hut up the mountain path, it'll bring you a golden key "weapon". This unlocks the padlocked door in the ark, and inside is the Beholder.

CandidGamera
08-28-2008, 12:56 AM
There's also a much easier way to get Sherbert the cat. Stand underneath him, hold RT and press A. You'll do a magic-boosted jump and reach him straight away.

Monoxide Child
08-28-2008, 01:24 AM
Looking at one more then, maybe.

Monoxide Child
08-28-2008, 01:39 AM
25 now, what is the last one?!

Dinosaurs
08-28-2008, 02:01 AM
The last animal orb is meowbert, this can be found by backtracking from cyclops fortress to the area at the end of parade(?), the level with the coach

Edit: oh, you had it already, sorry.

GeckoJoe
08-28-2008, 02:11 AM
how do i get meowster ive done that lvl over 10 times

Monoxide Child
08-28-2008, 02:14 AM
So 27 is it?

COLENBLOKER
08-28-2008, 02:24 AM
can someone tell me what orb goes with the Snail, Seahorse, and Frog spot... i looked up and down the list and i cant figure out which one i dont have

COLENBLOKER
08-28-2008, 02:30 AM
And the Cardinal and Chicken are listed twice so that would explain why there are 27 and no achievements for us

DDR Midian
08-28-2008, 02:45 AM
Last one found.

Chibithulhu on the xbox forums wrote:

Green eye ball? That's in the alien space ship. While you're supposed to evacuate, there's a nook behind the walls you can go into where he'll be waiting for you. According to his description, he "attacks with photons."

KingBroly
08-28-2008, 03:15 AM
Mind if he elaborate on that? What nook? What section of the level?

COLENBLOKER
08-28-2008, 03:24 AM
I got the last one now too

Instant Ball: Alien Ship: After starting the countdown timer to evacuate, destroy the green fence after the toilet. Right after that go up top and you will find a black gap in the wall. Just walk behind that to get the final guy.

Thanks everyone for the help!

KingBroly
08-28-2008, 04:04 AM
I'm counting 26 animals, and I just got the Achievement.

DemskeetSkeet
08-28-2008, 04:47 AM
The last animal orb is meowbert, this can be found by backtracking from cyclops fortress to the area at the end of parade(?), the level with the coach

Edit: oh, you had it already, sorry.

I still can't find this one, you said IF so does that mean the bush may not be there?

There is definitely no bush to where meow would be

naiku
08-28-2008, 07:34 AM
I got the last one now too

Instant Ball: Alien Ship: After starting the countdown timer to evacuate, destroy the green fence after the toilet. Right after that go up top and you will find a black gap in the wall. Just walk behind that to get the final guy.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Same as King Broly, 26 animals and achievement unlocked.
Thank you very much everyone.

aPerfektFIaw
08-28-2008, 07:35 AM
I still can't find this one, you said IF so does that mean the bush may not be there?

Go the the level AFTER parade and go backwards out of the cave... it should be there

PapaNico
08-28-2008, 09:13 AM
the last one that not many have is the "install orb"
it's on the alien ship level, wait till you get to the countdown part, then destroy the laser tripwire thing, go to the right, and at the top of the screen, there is a hole, inside lies install orb, have fun

Eurion
08-28-2008, 09:55 AM
Wow, this looks very handy! Thanks in advance for making the list

med 3
08-28-2008, 10:22 AM
great list! it's helping out quite a bit.

B1indSide
08-28-2008, 12:32 PM

It's wrong in the description, go to the level directly after PARADE (not the fortress) and as soon as it loads go left and the next screen is the entrance to the tunnel where you hit your head and fell of the carriage previously. The cat should be in the middle of the road right there (at least he was when I did it)

Green Knight
08-28-2008, 12:56 PM
26. Install Ball :: Shoots enemies with his photons :: Alien Ship :: Play through until the countdown begins. Shoot the mechanism that destroys the first green laser gate (after the toilet) and head straight up. There's a door there (hard to see what with it being dark etc). Go left slightly. It's still possible to exit the ship before the countdown ends - not that it actually matters.

imperiusrex00
08-28-2008, 02:13 PM
Any ideas what magic level you have to be to do a magic assisted jump? I am still struggling trying to get the cat inside the ark.

Shuyinsama
08-28-2008, 03:20 PM
just jump and mash x and y after eachother...you dont need magic for it

agc8602
08-28-2008, 03:25 PM
Any ideas what magic level you have to be to do a magic assisted jump? I am still struggling trying to get the cat inside the ark.

The final purple bar of the magic stat bar is when I was able to do it as the Orange Knight. I assume they are all the same though.

DDR Midian
08-28-2008, 03:29 PM

Don't bother with magic, just jump and repeatedly do XXY. You'll get higher and higher indefinitely.

ForeverMash
08-28-2008, 05:35 PM
Edit: Woops, seemed to have missed some posts while scanning this thread~ Install Ball has already been mentioned.

Monoxide Child
08-28-2008, 05:43 PM
Almost complete, what does Burly Bear do, status effect?

ForeverMash
08-28-2008, 06:03 PM
Increases strength, afaik.

Panda
08-28-2008, 07:19 PM
By accident you've not written that the Burly Bear increases your strength =].

Anyway, thanks for the really helpful guide.

dab198
08-28-2008, 07:45 PM
Yeah, 26 it is, but you have to collect your last pet yourself (so you can't feed off somebody else collecting a pet in co-op), so it comes up with the 'come see me for pet info' thing at the bottom of the screen. If you've got all 26 and still need the achievement, go recollect any pet yourself and it should unlock.

Panda
08-28-2008, 07:52 PM
Oh yeah, the way you've put to get Meowburt is somewhat confusing. Instead of involving Parade atall, you can just go to Cyclops' Cave then go left 1 screen and the Pet will be there ^_^.

Iron Guitarist
08-28-2008, 07:57 PM
I keep bombing the cracked walls in the Fortress, but I still cant find Snoot.

Help?

Panda
08-28-2008, 08:05 PM
It's not a cracked wall as in the scenery ones with lava.

Go pretty much to the end of the first room in Cyclops' Fortress bomb the wall twice i think. Even if you don't have bombs the enemies will throw them at you which affects it too.

You'll get him, he was my last one =].

Iron Guitarist
08-28-2008, 08:27 PM
It's not a cracked wall as in the scenery ones with lava.

Go pretty much to the end of the first room in Cyclops' Fortress bomb the wall twice i think. Even if you don't have bombs the enemies will throw them at you which affects it too.

You'll get him, he was my last one =].

Still confused. Is it before or after the Cyclops battle?

dab198
08-28-2008, 08:35 PM
Way before. Near the the start of the level, it's a darker shaded 'archway' in the wall.

DustyTheHamster
08-28-2008, 08:40 PM
You can get sherbert ( the kitty in the ark that helps you to jump ) in the trial version without a Sandwich. Jump Press Y then X then Y then X then Y. If you start close to the door each time you hit Y and it connects you move up a bit Pressing X resets your weapon animation so you can use Y attack again to gain more height.

Also in the trial game you can leave and re enter the room with the tutorial people for 3 gold ( respawns on reentry ).

Iron Guitarist
08-28-2008, 08:44 PM
Finally got it.

Those arches are too identical and generic.

Yaeyah
08-28-2008, 10:57 PM
For the ones that you need to purchase, does anyone have a good way of getting a lot of gold? With all the potions and bombs ive bought, i can only afford 2 of them right now :(

ForeverMash
08-28-2008, 11:01 PM
If you're at a somewhat decent level (20 and up will do), the Barbarian War boss is an easy farmboss. About 100 gold per kill.

Iron Guitarist
08-29-2008, 12:40 AM
Just keep killing the main bosses like the barbarian boss and the Cyclops. They drop between 120-200 gold

Yaeyah
08-29-2008, 01:08 AM
nice thanks a lot guys

COLENBLOKER
08-29-2008, 04:43 AM
Sorry to get completly off topic but Iron Guitarist, I LOL at your signature pic evertime it loops

ryfry99
08-29-2008, 05:35 AM
Thank you so much for this

xSWx Wild One
08-29-2008, 09:23 AM
i cant get hawkster wat do u mean blow the horn with my mic or a button

B1indSide
08-29-2008, 11:07 AM
i cant get hawkster wat do u mean blow the horn with my mic or a button

eventually you get a horn 2/3rds of the way through the game, and you just cycle through your items with RB and LB and then use B to use it (like the bow and arrow or health bottle).

Out of curiosity, did you really try blowing into your mic?

JC
08-29-2008, 04:35 PM
How do you dig?

ForeverMash
08-29-2008, 04:44 PM
By using the shovel found in the beginning of the desert level, right after the boat.

JC
08-29-2008, 04:51 PM
By using the shovel found in the beginning of the desert level, right after the boat.
Okay thanks.

alisdair
08-29-2008, 06:37 PM
For anyone else who can't find Snoot: it's the second dark archway from the start of Cyclops' Fortress. If you look carefully, it's cracked.

You reach this archway immediately after defeating the first set of enemies on the level.

Iron Guitarist
08-29-2008, 07:28 PM
Yeah its a bitch to try and see, but you will eventually find it. It takes about 2 bombs to crack open.

xSWx Wild One
08-29-2008, 10:59 PM
thanks and i'll be a man and admit i blew in my mic

CrAb WiZaRd
08-30-2008, 04:19 PM
how do u get into the crack in the cave where beary bear is?