PDA

View Full Version : 1,200 points for a game that doesn't work...AWESOME!

MadaRenrut
08-28-2008, 02:32 AM
So they release a game that when you play co-op it crashes within the first level, and your stats get erased. great release, THANKS for stealing my money, guess i will just get to enjoy it when you release a patch!

think they have shut down their website so people don't try to contact them and complain, just trying to go there it says website slammed, trying to fix.

Malachi117
08-28-2008, 03:05 AM
The Behemoth is made up of like 9 or 10 people, and the game just came out today. Suck it up and play some single player while they fix any problems with the game.

Deathblow23
08-28-2008, 04:01 AM
As long as you have the attitude..."suck it up"...then this will never end. Microsoft has a release schedule and developers have to conform to that schedule...whether their projects are actually DONE, or not. This goes back over a year. Look at what last year's Tiger Woods was like,...fast forward to this year. Look at the issues that were going on with Guitar Hero 3 about 8 weeks ago with DLC,...and then look at Ninja Gaiden 2...and the DLC that came out for that. As long as gamers have that attitude that it's ok...the developers will continune to piss all over us. They ship on schedule, the money changes hands,...and they patch their broken games within a few weeks,...while we have to sit back and suffer through S**T games. Look at Too Human. That game needs 2-3 more months polish. Do you think it would stand a chance in hell of getting anyone to buy it if it releases in 2-3 more months...with the titles that will be shipping then? HELL NO! So what do Silicon Knights do...ship it,...broken camera, combat and all,...and when they are questioned, and ripped in the media,...they act like it was planned all along,...like it's all part of the game's design. It's almost laughable how much press Dyack has gotten over the past 2 weeks and he keeps his cool acting like his little baby is exactly what he always envisioned it would be. The same goes for Ninja Gaiden 2,...and on and on. This fall there will be others that will ship that are totally messed up...but they will still ship so they can hit that release date and rake in all that cash...knowing all too well that they can just whip up a patch...and everybody will be ok with it. They can feed us S**T sandwiches,...and it appears everyone will just beg for more.......

xepherys
08-28-2008, 04:07 AM
I'm going to have to jump on the "suck it up" bandwagon. Yes, there are some bugs. Get over it. Do you run Windows? Why? it's the single most bug-ridden piece of software to ever exist, and that's after 9 complete versions (on the desktop side only, not server/NT/3.11) each with multiple "service packs" (aka DLC), and each service pack with a bajillion bug fixes (aka soft updates). If you KNOW it's going to happen, why do you buy any game? Name one from anything other than a Tier 1 developer in the past 2 years that didn't have some issue or glitch? Put your money where your mouth is... but then you won't be playing many games, huh?

superfly275
08-28-2008, 04:34 AM
Is this multiplayer only? If so, then I've only played SP so im good.

Deathblow23
08-28-2008, 04:54 AM
I'm going to have to jump on the "suck it up" bandwagon. Yes, there are some bugs. Get over it. Do you run Windows? Why? it's the single most bug-ridden piece of software to ever exist, and that's after 9 complete versions (on the desktop side only, not server/NT/3.11) each with multiple "service packs" (aka DLC), and each service pack with a bajillion bug fixes (aka soft updates). If you KNOW it's going to happen, why do you buy any game? Name one from anything other than a Tier 1 developer in the past 2 years that didn't have some issue or glitch? Put your money where your mouth is... but then you won't be playing many games, huh?

You're not comparing apples to apples with your Windows analogy. Windows is pretty much the gold standard for OS among all computers in the world. Yes there are a couple of other options,...but seriously...those are adopted by a fraction of all the users out there. GH 3, Ninja Gaiden 2,...Tiger Woods,...as I mentioned...those AREN'T the golden standards for gaming. They are just games themselves. You're also focusing on individual products,...and not the principle...the principle of...let's ship whatever...don't worry,...we can patch it later. The size of the developer doesn't really matter either...a broken game is a broken is a broken game. It doesn't matter if it's Halo 3,...or COD 4,...or friggin' Generic Shooter #16. As long as the gaming community keeps smiling and bending over...the developers will be there...pulling up right behind you...smiling as well...as they unzip and insert...

Cormyre
08-28-2008, 05:02 AM
I dunno, single player for me seems busted, made it to level 14, up to the cyclops cave... had the game crash on me (even though it auto saves?) and came back to have everything reset

Then just as a test I started a new game... played long enough to unlock the grey knight, played 2 levels as him, made sure I saw "saving" on the screen, quit after... went back in and grey knight was not available and all levels were reset

johnnyd
08-28-2008, 06:23 AM
You're not comparing apples to apples with your Windows analogy. Windows is pretty much the gold standard for OS among all computers in the world. Yes there are a couple of other options,...but seriously...those are adopted by a fraction of all the users out there. GH 3, Ninja Gaiden 2,...Tiger Woods,...as I mentioned...those AREN'T the golden standards for gaming. They are just games themselves. You're also focusing on individual products,...and not the principle...the principle of...let's ship whatever...don't worry,...we can patch it later. The size of the developer doesn't really matter either...a broken game is a broken is a broken game. It doesn't matter if it's Halo 3,...or COD 4,...or friggin' Generic Shooter #16. As long as the gaming community keeps smiling and bending over...the developers will be there...pulling up right behind you...smiling as well...as they unzip and insert...

You take things faaaaar to seriously. I will agree with you that some games are broken, and never fixed. But in this case... these guys are just small independant developers who used to make stuff for free on newgrounds. If there are problems (havent found one yet but time will tell on that) I am sure it will be fixed. As for ninja gaiden (im not sure about the thing you mentioned with the other 2 games) how can you plan for a patch to mess up, or an add on, thats part of it. They cant test EVERYTHING. everyone always complains when a game hits store shelves and something doesnt work. fact is, every game has glitches and bugs. so just relax a little bit. its a video game, big deal.

razzleson
08-28-2008, 07:07 AM
Do you not remember Halo 3? That game had tons of problems. Now, compare the staff and testing of Halo 3 to Castle Crashers. This is a small independent studio that does everything in-house.

Savok
08-28-2008, 07:29 AM
So what have we learned?

That MS's certification process is a joke and does nothing but delay releases.

Heron T Beagle
08-28-2008, 11:37 AM
i hear you they are small and independent. that is really no excuse for charging a good bit of money for something and havinn it really messed up. So does this mean i can make some crap tell you its 10 dollars and then when you buy it and its screwed i can say oh well its just me a small one man company deal with it. If so im about to get paid......by the way guys i have a new title coming out next wed on live arcade be sure to pick it up it will work just fine muahahahah. castle CRASHERS for real lol.

Ominator1
08-28-2008, 11:57 AM
Look at Too Human. That game needs 2-3 more months polish. Do you think it would stand a chance in hell of getting anyone to buy it if it releases in 2-3 more months...with the titles that will be shipping then? HELL NO! So what do Silicon Knights do...ship it,...broken camera, combat and all,...and when they are questioned, and ripped in the media,...they act like it was planned all along,...like it's all part of the game's design.

I think the people that bitch about two human can't play it. I've finished three times already and haven't had any issues with combat, know how to work the camera and have no problems with the game. Everyone should learn the play the game and quit bashing it.

With CC, I've finished the story twice online and haven't had any issues with it.

Maybe the issues lies with something else instead of the game.

imperiusrex00
08-28-2008, 12:02 PM
This does seem to be random to certain users though, i've played through to near the end and online as well and i've had no problems with it.

My girlfriend however can't get one online game to work.

I agree it's a bit of a poor show but i do have faith they will patch it ASAP.

Heron T Beagle
08-28-2008, 12:03 PM
so the problem with the GAME has nothing to do with the GAME eh? thats kinda like me having a flat tire and saying hmm that tire is flat but maybe the problem is actually my bad headlight lubricant it couldnt possibly be the tire........Just because its only happening to certain people doesnt make it ok and the game really does work.

imperiusrex00
08-28-2008, 12:14 PM
No what i'm saying is there is a problem with the game but it's whatever the catalyst for it happening is.

I've read on rllmuk and gaf that it seems to be something happening when you go online that triggers it.

I just wish we could suss it to let people know what to look out for.

Heron T Beagle
08-28-2008, 03:13 PM
i know im just being an ass. however at least for me once it has happend it wont go back to normal. Like the alien hominid char isnt available anymore and it wont save any progress even in single player.

icky2049
08-28-2008, 03:19 PM
So they release a game that when you play co-op it crashes within the first level, and your stats get erased. great release, THANKS for stealing my money, guess i will just get to enjoy it when you release a patch!

think they have shut down their website so people don't try to contact them and complain, just trying to go there it says website slammed, trying to fix.

this happened to me but then after like 4 trys it worked fine just takes a couple of times and you only lose your stats if it happens durring a level so if you go to the world map half way through then you'll be fine.

Kazoturkey
08-28-2008, 03:27 PM
the OP has no idea what he's talking about, this gam is awesome, even though there are small glitches I know noone who's level has been reset.

Deathblow23
08-28-2008, 03:35 PM
You take things faaaaar to seriously. I will agree with you that some games are broken, and never fixed. But in this case... these guys are just small independant developers who used to make stuff for free on newgrounds. If there are problems (havent found one yet but time will tell on that) I am sure it will be fixed. As for ninja gaiden (im not sure about the thing you mentioned with the other 2 games) how can you plan for a patch to mess up, or an add on, thats part of it. They cant test EVERYTHING. everyone always complains when a game hits store shelves and something doesnt work. fact is, every game has glitches and bugs. so just relax a little bit. its a video game, big deal.

I don't think I'm taking anything too seriously other than MY MONEY...that I WORK FOR. Is that something to be taken lightly? Games are typically $59.99...and the reason is supposedly higher development costs in this new generation, right. Well,...I have higher expectations. If you're going to charge me $60 bux for a game,...it damn well better run flawlessly. Now, if I get caught in a corner and the camera gets all jiggly,...well ok. But if I'm running and I fall through the floor into the dark abyss,...or my game stops saving AFTER I download your most recent DLC,...or whatever...then that's a crock...it's under-handed,...and it's completely unacceptable business ethics. You can't pay me to believe that they developers didn't catch something like in QA testing. You act like these types just crept up a couple of days ago. I only cited a few instances,...I didn't go back and list ALL the instances where this has occurred. It seems the people reading and responding are INSANELY forgiving...like major league baseball fans or something.

As for Halo 3 and its problems,...yeah it had alot,...and they shipped it because MS knew if they waited...it would hurt other releases. Think about all the other games that came out last fall and winter. The only triple A title that didn't come out BEFORE H3 was BioShock. Halo 3 would have still been a huge seller,...but it would've taken away from some of the other major releases had they released it later into the fall. In H3's case,...it would've worked the opposite,...AGAINST the OTHER releases. MS didn't want that to happen because they have to show support for their 3rd party folks to earn trust and insure sales,...so those people will develop for the platform again.

I guess it doesn't matter...as long as there is so much patience floating around...it's going to keep happening...but anyone who knows anything about business knows that this is a terrible way to interact with customers,...especially ones who are as loyal as 360 owners have been. The RRoD debacle was enough...yet it keeps piling up...one issue after another...I wonder why nothing's done about it...........................

chenry
08-28-2008, 03:38 PM
Don't know what you're all talking about. I played all the way up to the Cyclopes Castle in co-op.

johnnyd
08-28-2008, 04:11 PM
I don't think I'm taking anything too seriously other than MY MONEY...that I WORK FOR. Is that something to be taken lightly? Games are typically $59.99...and the reason is supposedly higher development costs in this new generation, right.

Don't buy games then. No one forced you to buy this. Stick to big developers who "care."

ChaddieB
08-28-2008, 04:28 PM
I don't think I'm taking anything too seriously other than MY MONEY...that I WORK FOR.

Yep. It's your choice what you decide to do with your money. A company creates a product and puts a price tag on it. It's up to the consumer to make educated decisions on whether or not the product is worth the price tag.

If a product is garbage, hopefully consumers will realize the issue and not purchase the product, or at least wait until a revised product or reduced price product is available before purchasing. This should balance things out with how a "free economy" is structured, or is Microsoft FORCING YOU to buy this product?

You almost comment as if you feel the software developer intentionally released a product with a MAJOR BUG. That in no way would be in the best interest of the company. It's bad for their reputation and future sales. As we speak, the company is working on making changes to fix the problem.

SpookSh0w
08-28-2008, 05:01 PM
So what have we learned?

That MS's certification process is a joke and does nothing but delay releases.

The more you know :woop:

Heron T Beagle
08-28-2008, 05:01 PM
Yep. It's your choice what you decide to do with your money. A company creates a product and puts a price tag on it. It's up to the consumer to make educated decisions on whether or not the product is worth the price tag.

If a product is garbage, hopefully consumers will realize the issue and not purchase the product, or at least wait until a revised product or reduced price product is available before purchasing. This should balance things out with how a "free economy" is structured, or is Microsoft FORCING YOU to buy this product?

You almost comment as if you feel the software developer intentionally released a product with a MAJOR BUG. That in no way would be in the best interest of the company. It's bad for their reputation and future sales. As we speak, the company is working on making changes to fix the problem.

I dont think that they did it intentionally but it certainly doesnt excuse it either way. even without all the data loss there are some pretty major bugs with the multiplayer and co op that can be seen as soon as you try and play.That makes it hard for me to be ok with the fact that it was released like that.

Deathblow23
08-28-2008, 05:07 PM

I am going to focus on one particular line in your reply,...since that is what you like to do...

After reading your above post I am quite literally blown away by this. Do you honestly mean to tell me and the rest of the world that you DON'T...think this is happening? You can't possibly be serious!!! No,...seriously...did you really mean that? I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt. Hit this link below, and after reading...if you still think that it's all just a few simple mistakes here and there...maybe just some oversight on someone's part...then you truly are hopeless. These problems filter down from the top. If MS is willing to do it...anybody invloved with them will be willing to partake in the raping as well.

http://www.8bitjoystick.com/archives/jake_inside_source_reveal_the_truth_about_xbox_360 _red_ring_of_death_failures.php

I'm sure this has been posted, and read a million times,...but it is something that deserves to brought up again and again...because it shows the community just how far and how low corporations like MS are willing to go.

Ruthless
08-28-2008, 05:57 PM
Do you not remember Halo 3? That game had tons of problems. Now, compare the staff and testing of Halo 3 to Castle Crashers. This is a small independent studio that does everything in-house.

I dont care wether there is 5 people working for them or 500, if i pay good money for a game i expect it to work as i intended. If i had read this i would never have downloaded this. This is pure bollocks and this is why i dnt sell people furniture as i havent a clue how to do it and people expect something decent for there money. I wont be happy til i can save, this aint the Sega Megadrive (Legend console) I wanna save.

Deathblow23
08-28-2008, 06:08 PM
I dont care wether there is 5 people working for them or 500, if i pay good money for a game i expect it to work as i intended.

You could not be MORE...right!!!

JanHen
08-28-2008, 06:26 PM
Here is an answer from the developers...

http://devblog.thebehemoth.com/

Ruthless
08-28-2008, 06:31 PM
Here is an answer from the developers...

http://devblog.thebehemoth.com/

Cheeky fucking wankers, we have all officailly been robbed!!! :mad:

Deathblow23
08-28-2008, 06:34 PM
I WANT...to believe that...I really, really do. In fact,...I actually HOPE...that's the truth...the 100% God's-honest truth. I'm sure they ARE...............ummmm........................... ..........................
.................................................. ..................................
.................................................. ..................................
............................ aware of it...

Ruthless
08-28-2008, 06:42 PM
I WANT...to believe that...I really, really do. In fact,...I actually HOPE...that's the truth...the 100% God's-honest truth. I'm sure they ARE...............ummmm........................... ..........................
............................ aware of it...

Love the way you CAPILATISE (sp?) everything and make it BOLD!!!

Im not playing this till its sorted.

Deathblow23
08-28-2008, 07:15 PM
Love the way you CAPILATISE (sp?) everything and make it BOLD!!!

Well ya' know Potato...sometimes you run across things in life that need a little extra attention...maybe need a little emphasis placed on em'...and I was thinking that maybe,........JUUUUUUUUUUST maybe.......this topic was one of those things.

ForeverMash
08-28-2008, 07:40 PM
Well ya' know Potato...sometimes you run across things in life that need a little extra attention...maybe need a little emphasis placed on em'...and I was thinking that maybe,........JUUUUUUUUUUST maybe.......this topic was one of those things.

If you want to put emphasis on something, use the bold tags. No need to put it in caps as well~

Deathblow23
08-28-2008, 07:55 PM
If you want to put emphasis on something, use the bold tags. No need to put it in caps as well~

I would recommend you post about things that are related to the substance of one's post. This site is dedicated to XBOX 360...and all things related...but with a serious nod to people's ability to post content coupled with some semblance of meaning. Opinions are always welcome, given they aren't aimed at English lessons, typing tips, etc. That type of thing is completely pointless in a thread devoted to a topic like this. If I want to emphasize with flashing red neon lights...well,...I'll do it. It's highly offensive to people when others come in and start posting that someone need not POST IN CAPS IF THEY WANT TO EMPHASIZE,...as well. I would be remiss if I didn't ask that you simply have a little more respect for those who communicate in here. If you didn't like my post, or maybe disagreed with its content...that is perfectly ok. Like I said, expressing your opinion is welcome...but don't come in here with your sagely wisdom and advice about TRIVIAL things like CAPITALIZATION, and/or the boldening of letters.

Cormyre
08-28-2008, 08:10 PM
Its been like that since last night =/

Manwell Pablo
08-28-2008, 08:13 PM
Yeah I can't get a co-op game to work for love nor money.

No problems with losing game data though....yet.

Bit annoying, don't really see what we can do about it though. Moaning isn't going to stop developers shipping games that aren't ready, not buying them will but thats hardly likely to happen is it?

ForeverMash
08-28-2008, 08:36 PM
I would recommend you post about things that are related to the substance of one's post. This site is dedicated to XBOX 360...and all things related...but with a serious nod to people's ability to post content coupled with some semblance of meaning. Opinions are always welcome, given they aren't aimed at English lessons, typing tips, etc. That type of thing is completely pointless in a thread devoted to a topic like this. If I want to emphasize with flashing red neon lights...well,...I'll do it. It's highly offensive to people when others come in and start posting that someone need not POST IN CAPS IF THEY WANT TO EMPHASIZE,...as well. I would be remiss if I didn't ask that you simply have a little more respect for those who communicate in here. If you didn't like my post, or maybe disagreed with its content...that is perfectly ok. Like I said, expressing your opinion is welcome...but don't come in here with your sagely wisdom and advice about TRIVIAL things like CAPITALIZATION, and/or the boldening of letters.

Capitalizing is to typing what shouting is to talking. And you didn't follow your own advice, I don't see a single mention of CC in your post.

But it's good advice nonetheless, so to stay on topic:
I've gotten a few good online games up, and it only ones crashed while we were actually playing. It seems getting the game going is the hard part. As far as I have noticed, though, is that if you go back to the start screen after failing to join a multiplayer game, the chances of your Xbox failing are a lot lower.

panicky
08-28-2008, 08:52 PM
I agree 100% that this is ridiculous. It's just pathetic that people exist in this world who say things like "Who cares, suck it up." When they also spent their hard earned dollar on this game. Don't forget we are the people who make these games possible with our green. As I've said before in another topic this game is priced at 1,200 which is above the normal prices for Arcade titles; Therefore this game should be at 120% when it's released, why should I get stuck with a below standard piece of garbage and suck it up? People like that are only adding to the problem, more and more developers and publishers will allow buggy/glitchy and just plain bad games to keep getting out there because of YOU. I was able to play in one Multiplayer game today out of the 10 attempts, we were able to finish one level before all getting disconnected from the game and that is unacceptable.

Deathblow23
08-28-2008, 08:56 PM
Capitalizing is to typing what shouting is to talking. And you didn't follow your own advice, I don't see a single mention of CC in your post

It was slightly off-topic,...and aimed at someone who came into the thread running off at the mouth without thinking. I have several posts up above that are completely in line with the theme of this thread. I'm fully aware of the correlations between talking/shouting, etc. Do you think I capitalized what I did by mistake? Look,...just be a little more observant before you let those fingers of your go flying. So far,...you're not exactly hitting the mark here and should you persist,...you're bound to REALLY piss somebody off in here...and by that I mean...on this site,...not just in this thread.

xepherys
08-28-2008, 10:39 PM

Adam, maybe I just get a poor grouping of your posts but it sure seems like you like to complain about games. Your comments about Braid were pretty off as well. They didn't STEAL your money. You can always NOT buy it the morning it comes out and wait for other people to say there are problems. When you just blindly buy things, sometimes you might get burned. In this case, I think the game is just fine. SP works great... play SP until patch.

JJOR64
08-28-2008, 11:01 PM
I hope they fix this soon. I want to kick some butt in the Arena.

Drradenstein
08-29-2008, 12:00 AM
deathblow you havent even played too human and you are bashing it.how can we take you seriously?you just seem like a f****** COMPLAINER!!!

Deathblow23
08-29-2008, 02:06 AM
deathblow you havent even played too human and you are bashing it.how can we take you seriously?you just seem like a f****** COMPLAINER!!!

You're exactly right...I haven't played that or Castle Crashers. You know why...I'll give you 2 guesses and the first 2 don't count...sharpie...because they're F**KED! I have had my ass burned too many times...buying something right out of the chute and it being broken. You know what,...I didn't buy the Mission Mode DLC for Ninja Gaiden 2...ya' wonder why...cause it's F**KING broken too. People have every right in the world to "complain" when they are sold damaged goods time and again...and for some absolutely ridiculous reason...you have the balls to think it's the consumers fault!!! What planet are you from? You are the one who can't be taken seriously. Actually, scratch that...you are seriously.....an idiot!

MrFunman
08-29-2008, 02:54 AM

I think you've taken his post the complete wrong way. People are perfectly happy to pay 1200 MS Points for Castle Crashers, but they expect a complete and working game when they do shell out those points. Its nothing to do with being forced into buying it, it's just what someone is looking for when they buy a game.

I personally haven't bought the game yet, and one of the major reasons I will be buying it is for the online multiplayer with friends. Most of the posters who are annoyed here probably wanted this same experience, and so are annoyed that they've bought an "incomplete" game. Obviously it was an unintentional bug, and maybe some of the posts are a bit extreme, but I would be disapointed if the game wasn't fully working for me.

Picture it this way. You get Gears of War 2 on release day, and then go to play Campaign Mode online with friends, only to have it crash out and lock up everytime you try this. Yes, you can go play Single Player or another game mode, but it doesn't excuse the fact that you've got a broken game mode. It's just shying away from the problem until a fix.

I'm getting a bit off topic now. The game will no doubt be patched sooner rather then later, as the whole 4 Player thing is kind of a major selling point of the game. So no-one has wasted money on the game yet, you just have to be patient in the fix. At the same time, is it so hard to accept that people want to purchase a game that doesn't freeze up when you try and do a specific game mode? It doesn't affect everyone, but it seems to be affecting several people, and if its affecting more then a select, random few, then it's a problem that should be dealt with quickly. No doubt the developers are as I type, so the problem should resolve itself quickly.

That's my views on the matter anyway.

Deathblow23
08-29-2008, 03:10 AM
and maybe some of the posts are a bit extreme, but I would be disapointed if the game wasn't fully working for me.

When you add the frustration of having this happen...to the frustration of having to hear people talk S**T to you while expressing said frustration...you can reach a point where you unload. There is no doubt in my mind that you were referring to me...which is completely ok...but I just want you and anyone else who comes along to get a better understanding of the type of crap that can cause irate posts from time to time. You're post was very accurate in all its other respects...by the way.

Arnhell
08-29-2008, 04:10 AM
Ha ha ha haaa.

This has to be the worst thread on this entire website. Let me see if I can offer my worthless opinion on each of the topics so far.

1. Castle Crashers is a great game that I feel deeply and personally in love with and intend to buy all the merchandise on the Behemoth website. After playing it a lot over the last few days online and offline. I have not had any problems with stat resetting, losing saves.

2. I'm sure the devs are just as upset as everyone else about these problems and that they are not relaxing somewhere counting your money while bare chested girls in grass skirts serve them drinks with little umbrellas. I'm sure, just like every other buggy game that's been released on the 360 that, eventually, has all the bugs fixed, CC will have its quirks unquirked.

3. Too Human is a fun game, if you haven't tried it you should. You may enjoy it a lot. Making decisions based on reviews is okay, but making your own decisions can be even creamier.

4. Why are we even talking about Too Human anyway?

5. I prefer brunettes, but that's because they tend to be more interesting and are more likely to be French, and French accents are sexy. (I think that might be another new topic, but I just wanted to put it out there)

6. Complaining, or even mentioning someones type face or font on a message board, is just petty, expanding that into several posts defending personal stances about caps v. bold is even worse. If you're an English teacher marking a term paper, it's okay, otherwise no. Walk to the bathroom, look hard in the mirror and say, "let go", over and over until you feel calm. Then have a glass of milk and come back (soy is okay too).

7. Deathblow, I am sorry that your ass got burned from buying something. It's happened to me as well, the first was a madras beef curry that burned my personal ring very badly. The second was a car stereo that turned out to be stolen. I spent the night in a county prison until it was sorted out and well, lets just say it burned worse than the curry the next day. (I wanted a smoke and i didn't have anything else to trade).

Jonesy2008
08-29-2008, 04:11 AM
Look, you ungrateful son of a bitch. These developers have spent 3, YES 3 YEARS of their time making this game in 100% Flash Player, and you still arent happy? Yes, ok some things arent right, but the percentage of the game that is right is the best arcade game Xbox 360 Marketplace has seen. Theres plenty of replayability, with loads of levels and an addicting leveling scheme which will leave many users, like myself, endulged in it for hours on end, trying to get that one last level, or get higher that our dumb friends. Just think about that hey?

Deathblow23
08-29-2008, 04:21 AM
Wow,...arnhell...amidst all your hilarious commentary I discovered that you're just...............................another gamer willing to bend over and take it in the can from MS & the developers. Please,...go ahead and take credit...lavish yourself in the brilliance of that. Your jokes still don't cover up the fact that this type of thing occurring at the rate that it does...Castle Crashers or any other title...is unacceptable...period. It doesn't matter if The Behemoth are sweating bullets while slaving away at a patch...or if they are being served drinks by topless waitresses...it simply doesn't matter...it shouldn't happen...end of story.

91GSX
08-29-2008, 05:15 AM
After the Mr Driller Online debacle, online didn't even work, I have come to the conclusion that little to no testing is done on XLA games. I'm not surprised there's problems with this game as well.

johnnyd
08-29-2008, 05:28 AM
You're exactly right...I haven't played that or Castle Crashers. You know why...I'll give you 2 guesses and the first 2 don't count...sharpie...because they're F**KED! I have had my ass burned too many times...buying something right out of the chute and it being broken. You know what,...I didn't buy the Mission Mode DLC for Ninja Gaiden 2...ya' wonder why...cause it's F**KING broken too. People have every right in the world to "complain" when they are sold damaged goods time and again...and for some absolutely ridiculous reason...you have the balls to think it's the consumers fault!!! What planet are you from? You are the one who can't be taken seriously. Actually, scratch that...you are seriously.....an idiot!

Wait wait wait... So you're sitting here. Complaining. About a game. Which you haven't even played, and you complain about your, hmm what was it exactly. Your MONEY that you WORKED HARD for. Oh and why do you........do.....this.... It is so damn annoying. If you're going to complain about a game that you spend money on, spend money on it first. I bought it, still no problems, as with a bunch of other people, who knows maybe you could have been one of the lucky ones too but oh well. Suck it up.

ShazBo
08-29-2008, 08:22 AM
Wait wait wait... So you're sitting here. Complaining. About a game. Which you haven't even played, and you complain about your, hmm what was it exactly. Your MONEY that you WORKED HARD for. Oh and why do you........do.....this.... It is so damn annoying. If you're going to complain about a game that you spend money on, spend money on it first. I bought it, still no problems, as with a bunch of other people, who knows maybe you could have been one of the lucky ones too but oh well. Suck it up.

I know I was reading his fucking posts while looking at his achievement the entire time and laughing my ass off because he was bashing a game he doesn't even own.

Well I own Castle Crasher and it's fine. The only problem I get is if I search for a game. The functionality does not work as design. But sending and recieving invites to play co-op is a fine. It works for me and all my friends. I didn't even know there were any of these issues until 'Mister I don't own the game' here started pumping out fantasy issues. If he was a QA tester he would be fired for writting non-issues.

Mellar
08-29-2008, 08:32 AM
Well i'll throw something in here aswell, The Behemoth are not a massive gaming company, but they are able to make great games. Unlike some of the games you have compared it to in this thread, Epic has a huge workforce for designing Gears Of War and if a bug has appeared well they try their hardest to get it to the players as soon as possible and so will The Behemoth (The Mad Hatter achievement glitch in Alien Hominid HD) but the patch has to go through Microsoft and well, Microsoft just take their time with everything though.

And also about people moaning about wasting their money, just either play single player or another bloody game, no one is forcing you to wait for a patch.

ShazBo
08-29-2008, 08:41 AM
Well i'll throw something in here aswell, The Behemoth are not a massive gaming company, but they are able to make great games. Unlike some of the games you have compared it to in this thread, Epic has a huge workforce for designing Gears Of War and if a bug has appeared well they try their hardest to get it to the players as soon as possible and so will The Behemoth (The Mad Hatter achievement glitch in Alien Hominid HD) but the patch has to go through Microsoft and well, Microsoft just take their time with everything though.

And also about people moaning about wasting their money, just either play single player or another bloody game, no one is forcing you to wait for a patch.

There's nothing wrong with Online. Just invite a friend.

Cormyre
08-29-2008, 12:33 PM
Wow, now that this has become a runaway train (never comin' back) ... (you can thank me later if that got a song stuck in your head =P)

-I- have purchased the game, so I have every right to complain, no I'm not sucking it up. I've been following and looking forward to the game since the announcement of it since I loved Alien Hominid... yes it is a great game, if you can get it to work. Yes it has great replayability, but in my case, it's replaying the same levels over and over again unless I beat the game in a single sitting since all my stats wipe out if I exit the game. In another thread someone figured out a way to "patch" it so at least it is semi-playable now (though the patch has to be done every time I start the game). Not only did it wipe out my stats but I found out by doing this "patch" that when I first started playing that the Alien Hominid was not selectable for me like he should've been (completely forgot that if you had AH he would be a playable character).
I understand The Behemoth isn't a large studio, but this is the second game they have put out with serious flaws... and it took them months to patch the hats in AH... so I can only guess how long this is going to take. And no before it's thrown in here, I had no problem with the 1200 point price tag... the game, if it was working correctly and when it finally is will be worth every point.
And as a final note, the "suck it up" people... sorry your a bunch of f*****g tools... you probably said the same thing about the 360's RRoD's "quit whinning just go out and buy another one"

The-One-And-Only
08-29-2008, 01:18 PM
While there are valid points and not so valid points in here i do agree with the fact that the game should be ready and contain no SERIOUS issues. Little bugs and glitches i can stand but this sounds like its major if it happens (and it does). The TC is not making up issues here, i have read topics on GFAQS also about this and IT CAN happen offline also.

Kinda reminds me of PSO on the GC where it would crash when you went through a telepipe if certain things happened at the same time. If it happened you would lose everything, was fixed i believe but makes you worried about playing.

Glitches and bugs are expected, they always have been but serious things like this that can destroy your enjoyment should be patched as soon as they are found and that includes the MS people letting the patch go through.

BcrdNCola
08-29-2008, 01:25 PM
As long as you have the attitude..."suck it up"...then this will never end. Microsoft has a release schedule and developers have to conform to that schedule...whether their projects are actually DONE, or not. This goes back over a year. Look at what last year's Tiger Woods was like,...fast forward to this year. Look at the issues that were going on with Guitar Hero 3 about 8 weeks ago with DLC,...and then look at Ninja Gaiden 2...and the DLC that came out for that. As long as gamers have that attitude that it's ok...the developers will continune to piss all over us. They ship on schedule, the money changes hands,...and they patch their broken games within a few weeks,...while we have to sit back and suffer through S**T games. Look at Too Human. That game needs 2-3 more months polish. Do you think it would stand a chance in hell of getting anyone to buy it if it releases in 2-3 more months...with the titles that will be shipping then? HELL NO! So what do Silicon Knights do...ship it,...broken camera, combat and all,...and when they are questioned, and ripped in the media,...they act like it was planned all along,...like it's all part of the game's design. It's almost laughable how much press Dyack has gotten over the past 2 weeks and he keeps his cool acting like his little baby is exactly what he always envisioned it would be. The same goes for Ninja Gaiden 2,...and on and on. This fall there will be others that will ship that are totally messed up...but they will still ship so they can hit that release date and rake in all that cash...knowing all too well that they can just whip up a patch...and everybody will be ok with it. They can feed us S**T sandwiches,...and it appears everyone will just beg for more.......

You're pointing your finger at the wrong person here. Microsoft doesn't dictate a publishers release schedule. They would like to, and they certainly try to exert some pressure over the process, but typically it's the publisher who decides when a game should be released.

to cite some examples of yours:

GH3 - Activision
Tiger Woods: EA (seriously, since when have we NOT expected problems out of a franchise that dumps same copy games on us year after year?)
Too Human - Microsoft (ok.. this one is actually Silicon knight's fault, as you even stated in your original post.)

My point is that game console manufacturers don't tell a publisher what to do (except in the case where they are one in the same). They can't tell them when, or even IF a game is to come out on their console.

I'm not completely disagreeing with you. Quality control is definately lacking in some of the publishers that push this stuff out the door for the sake of making money. But you can't lay the blame on Microsoft ALL of the time, like you do in the first part of your post. If anything, the blame for Castle Crashers (whose bugs relatively minor in comparison to other games) lays at the feet of Behemoth, who developed and decided to ship a broken multiplayer.

Also, I think Behemoth does deserve a LITTLE credit here. They've created an awesome game here, and considering the size of their team, that's quite the feat.

p.s. For the record I HAVE purchased the game, but have encountered none of the problems with it everyone else seems to be having.

johnnyd
08-29-2008, 02:14 PM
Wow, now that this has become a runaway train (never comin' back) ... (you can thank me later if that got a song stuck in your head =P)

-I- have purchased the game, so I have every right to complain, no I'm not sucking it up. I've been following and looking forward to the game since the announcement of it since I loved Alien Hominid... yes it is a great game, if you can get it to work. Yes it has great replayability, but in my case, it's replaying the same levels over and over again unless I beat the game in a single sitting since all my stats wipe out if I exit the game. In another thread someone figured out a way to "patch" it so at least it is semi-playable now (though the patch has to be done every time I start the game). Not only did it wipe out my stats but I found out by doing this "patch" that when I first started playing that the Alien Hominid was not selectable for me like he should've been (completely forgot that if you had AH he would be a playable character).
I understand The Behemoth isn't a large studio, but this is the second game they have put out with serious flaws... and it took them months to patch the hats in AH... so I can only guess how long this is going to take. And no before it's thrown in here, I had no problem with the 1200 point price tag... the game, if it was working correctly and when it finally is will be worth every point.
And as a final note, the "suck it up" people... sorry your a bunch of f*****g tools... you probably said the same thing about the 360's RRoD's "quit whinning just go out and buy another one"

Ah see, the suck it up wasn't to you. You have actually paid for it. You do have a right to be angry. But you are not the other guy running your mouth. And yes they are a small company. Which means it will take them awhile to figure out the exact source of the problem. As for the RRoD, nope, that made me angry, but that isn't at small company who is trying to do cash grabs considering almost everything they have made in the last however many years has been free on the internet.

Cormyre
08-29-2008, 02:31 PM
Ah see, the suck it up wasn't to you. You have actually paid for it. You do have a right to be angry. But you are not the other guy running your mouth. And yes they are a small company. Which means it will take them awhile to figure out the exact source of the problem. As for the RRoD, nope, that made me angry, but that isn't at small company who is trying to do cash grabs considering almost everything they have made in the last however many years has been free on the internet.

Actually it kinda was being that "suck it up" was the second and fourth posts towards the original poster that had purchased the game, not the guy that was b******g just to b***h. So I guess I should aim more towards those posters =P your fine.

johnnyd
08-29-2008, 02:41 PM
Works for me. See ya in the arena when its all fixed up? :p

Cormyre
08-29-2008, 02:47 PM
Works for me. See ya in the arena when its all fixed up? :p

most certainly... till achievements are gone... then its off to the next thing ;)

Slipknot1988
08-29-2008, 03:13 PM
well personally i wouldn't consider it cheeky...more of a pain in the ass.
and i agree with what mos tpeople are saying: they ship out before its "perfect" and it gets tons of glitches that pisses everyone off just to rake in the cash to make a new game that the yknow everyone will buy so they can ship it out before its "perfect" and so on and so on, but what game EVER came out perfect?
A lot of Halo 3 references are bumming around so let's go with that.
It had its glitches, Bungie finally fixed them. End of story.
That's why I try to pay it smart and buy the games a few months after their release. So what if I can't enter a contest to play with the developer? I'm an Achievment Whore, not a bloody people person!
When MK vs DC come sout in November, millions are going to rush out and grab it, completely aware that it might not be 100% glitch-free. Every game you buy, whether theres a patch or not, is 50/50 for glitches. Even the smallest glitch is often enough to piss at least ONE person off and then it evolves into this kind of debate. Company vs Quality. It's always been like that, and always will be.
We all know that games sometimes have glitches, but we buy 'em anyways, just because we have that little hope that it won't.
I won't complain about the glitch when I get CC because even if the patch isn't out yet, I still have a game that I can enjoy as long as I want, even if it cost me 1200 points. Money is more or elss expendable. If it wasn't you'd never be able to get more!

Derrick DS
08-29-2008, 03:30 PM
I downloaded Castle Crashers last night and attempted to play with 3 of my other friends on my friends list. We got to a forest stage (15 mins in the game) and it glitched. An enemy got suspended in mid air and we couldn't advance b/c it didn't disappear.

That was after we had terrible lag spots and disconnects. Its a shame too, the game is completely up my alley too, reminiscent of Battletoads, Double Dragon, & Golden Axe.

I've just stayed in single player since and I've had no problems with the game. My biggest problem though was that I bought this game for multiplayer. :-/ Let's hope they can iron out these issues and that this doesn't become another Mr. Driller.

TheBarnabyJones
08-29-2008, 04:55 PM
the game works, fool!

panicky
08-29-2008, 07:51 PM
Look, you ungrateful son of a bitch. These developers have spent 3, YES 3 YEARS of their time making this game in 100% Flash Player, and you still arent happy? Yes, ok some things arent right, but the percentage of the game that is right is the best arcade game Xbox 360 Marketplace has seen. Theres plenty of replayability, with loads of levels and an addicting leveling scheme which will leave many users, like myself, endulged in it for hours on end, trying to get that one last level, or get higher that our dumb friends. Just think about that hey?

Ungrateful? Lol, you're calling people who bought the game ungrateful? Excuse me for being a little unhappy that I bought a game to play with friends and I can't. As for your 3 years point, I wonder who made the game possible? Who made it so they could sit and develop the game for 3 years? Us, Consumers, People who bought things in their shop, and people who bought Alien Hominid HD (Read the credits kid.) You're obviously 12 or an idiot. I'm sure mommy would be upset if you told her she spent 15$ on something that didn't work like it should have. Don't kiss ass to developers when they should be kissing your ass. This is the exact kind of attitude that allows developers to be as bad as they are (EA is the perfect example) because people will still buy their terrible product and then back them up about it. Give it a few days before some moron says " I would have gladly paid full retail for this! " It's going to be a slap in the face when Arcade games start being released at 2k points and higher.

SpookSh0w
08-29-2008, 08:11 PM
Look, you ungrateful son of a bitch. These developers have spent 3, YES 3 YEARS of their time making this game

Too bad it's barely playable lol

Deathblow23
08-29-2008, 08:52 PM
You're pointing your finger at the wrong person here. Microsoft doesn't dictate a publishers release schedule. They would like to, and they certainly try to exert some pressure over the process, but typically it's the publisher who decides when a game should be released.

to cite some examples of yours:

GH3 - Activision
Tiger Woods: EA (seriously, since when have we NOT expected problems out of a franchise that dumps same copy games on us year after year?)
Too Human - Microsoft (ok.. this one is actually Silicon knight's fault, as you even stated in your original post.)

I'm not pointing at the wrong person...MS is just as guilty because they basically did the same thing with the release of the 360 so early. They knew it was a flawed design...knew it was going to break down at a record pace...and shipped it anyway. It launched pretty much worldwide simultaneously instead of in NA, then the UK, then Japan, etc. as it should have...which contributed to the ridiculous shortages. Anyway,...we all saw how that played out. It was calculated and underhanded. That my friends is the BIG picture here...and CC's semi-brokenness is just the latest in a slightly smaller picture.

The same thing is happening now from a games standpoint. Release after release whether it be XBLA or retail is either very flawed and/or broken, and we are supposed to just be forgiving time and again because the developers are going to be kind enough to patch it...eventually. Your expectations are waaaaay too low. When a games releases I expect it to work fully and be playable to all its advertised extent each and every time with no exception. It doesn't matter what last year's iterations brought...this is this year and I expect nothing less when the asking price for these games is what it is. That being said, when it doesnt work I have a right to be pissed. When it happens over and over I have the right to be pissed even more. To say that I shouldn't be an early adopter to avoid these potential pitfalls is beyond unrealistic. YOU should have higher expectations for your purchases too. When you buy a car you expect it to have 4 wheels...as advertised, right? If you buy a pair of pants...don't you expect both legs to be the same length?

Even though I don't play Tiger Woods, I expect it to play great. Who knows, I may want to start playing it tomorrow. I have been away from my 360 for almost a month. This is the main reason why I haven't played Too Human...but I'm glad I haven't after reading all the crap that I have. Some people love it...but even the semi-favorable reviews stress many of the same problems as the reviews that are hammering the game. Why would I bother playing it now knowing that? Guitar Hero 3 has worked fine for the most part until the Coldplay DLC. That is when the save issues appeared. I expect more from them. I know the thread is dedicated to CC, and I was looking forward to its release too...but not now. I won't download it all probably because of this. I know some people havent had issues at all and thats great but that appears to only be a fraction of the CC community. Asking me to pay $15 for a semi broken game is retarded...and expecting me to be cool about a broken game after I purchased it is even more retarded. Asking me to change my views as a consumer because of the past isn't going to cut it either. Those of you who sit idly by and are ok with this type of business model need to wake the F**K up!

BcrdNCola
08-29-2008, 09:56 PM
I'm not pointing at the wrong person...MS is just as guilty because they basically did the same thing with the release of the 360 so early.

Asking me to change my views as a consumer because of the past isn't going to cut it either. Those of you who sit idly by and are ok with this type of business model need to wake the F**K up!

Like I said.. I wasn't disagreeing with you.. Just stating that Microsoft isn't always the one at fault. Most of the time they aren't, and again it's not their fault with Castle Crashers.

Deathblow23
08-29-2008, 10:12 PM
Like I said.. I wasn't disagreeing with you.. Just stating that Microsoft isn't always the one at fault. Most of the time they aren't, and again it's not their fault with Castle Crashers.

Of course they are. MS set the precedent for what we are seeing today with the game releases. Their launch of the 360, with all of the things they knew going in,...all of the test data that they refused to acknowledge, and all the hardware failures that were occurring for the first 2 years it was on the market established this trend. You don't know this,...but I'm on my 8th 360. Do you know I had 2 replacements within 8 weeks of the console launch? Weren't there supposed to be shortages? Weren't people supposed to be waiting in lines at midnight for trucks to unload at Best Buy and Wal Mart? Yes...that happened,...but if there's such a shortage, how is it that they can have the replacement stockpile for people who had the console RRod? They knew it was going to happen and they took the necessary precautions, i.e. stockpiles of 360's. Fast forward to now and you have the exact same principles but applied to game releases. XBLA consistently states that "there are no refunds for this item". Show me one there is a refund for. Retail releases can be manipulated a little bit. You can lie and say the disc was scratched and take it back to wherever. Regardless, it's attrocious business ethics and so many gamers are just willing to take it. It IS MS's fault. They established this trend on 11/22/05 and it's snowballed. Now everyone's just used to it. You can't die from playing a broken video game, but if the same business model was applied to new car sales...and an auto maker was supplying cars and trucks that behave like the release of these games...it would be destroyed in a court of law and there would be millions upon millions...probably more like billions of dollars paid out. Regardless of the product or market...it's wrong people.

BcrdNCola
08-30-2008, 01:22 AM
Of course they are. MS set the precedent for what we are seeing today with the game releases.

You must not have been a gamer prior to the 360 launch then, or even the original Xbox.

Games have ALWAYS been released buggy, and sometimes to the point of being completely crippled. Ever since videogames emerged as a viable market, ever since EA decided that money was better than quality, ever since the moment the popularity of the internet skyrocketed, this has been a problem. When publishers and developers realized "We can patch it later", quality assurance took a back seat to profits.

Microsoft did not start this trend, they just joined in. I honestly can't see how you believe that is not the case. Yes there is a problem. Can you do anything about it? Sure.. stop being a gamer. That'll teach 'em.

Anxion
08-30-2008, 01:31 AM
Its actually getting annoying i just got DC'd after the god damn last boss.

ForeverMash
08-30-2008, 01:36 AM
You must not have been a gamer prior to the 360 launch then, or even the original Xbox.

Games have ALWAYS been released buggy, and sometimes to the point of being completely crippled. Ever since videogames emerged as a viable market, ever since EA decided that money was better than quality, ever since the moment the popularity of the internet skyrocketed, this has been a problem. When publishers and developers realized "We can patch it later", quality assurance took a back seat to profits.

Microsoft did not start this trend, they just joined in. I honestly can't see how you believe that is not the case. Yes there is a problem. Can you do anything about it? Sure.. stop being a gamer. That'll teach 'em.

Microsoft did set the precedent when it comes to patching for console gaming. Before HDDs and internet was a major part of console gaming, console games had a lot less bugs.

But yea, quality control has been dropping, and not just when it comes to games. However, on the other side, everything has become more complicated as well, so the chance for error is much larger.

Naish360
08-30-2008, 04:28 AM
Lol, I love all these people bitching that the game costs 15$. This game has more content than a lot of the 60$ games you see.

Aussie Rage
08-30-2008, 05:39 AM
I don't think I'm taking anything too seriously other than MY MONEY...that I WORK FOR. Is that something to be taken lightly? Games are typically $59.99...and the reason is supposedly higher development costs in this new generation, right. Well,...I have higher expectations. If you're going to charge me $60 bux for a game,...it damn well better run flawlessly. Now, if I get caught in a corner and the camera gets all jiggly,...well ok. But if I'm running and I fall through the floor into the dark abyss,...or my game stops saving AFTER I download your most recent DLC,...or whatever...then that's a crock...it's under-handed,...and it's completely unacceptable business ethics.

i'm with you Deathblow, and since everyone uses stupid examples i will too, ever rented a movie and got home to find the wrong DVD, or worse no DVD, in the case? Sure you have, and its dissapointing, being all G'd up for your movie only to have that idea robbed from you, glitchy games are the same (in my opinion) i dont want to pay for a game and have it sit there idley necause it needs a patch to work. But like others have stated, 'what game dons't have a glitch' the BIG question is dose that glitch stop you playing or enjoyng the game.

so how do we standerdise this problem with a result we are all happy with? i leave that up to everyone else to discuss, enjoy!

P.s. i forgot to mention that we are still paying $33.00 Aus. for 2000MS even though the Aus$ is almost equal to the US$, and i had to get 2000MS so i can get a 1200MS game.

xepherys
08-30-2008, 05:52 AM
Of course they are. MS set the precedent for what we are seeing today with the game releases. Their launch of the 360, with all of the things they knew going in,...all of the test data that thye refused to acknowledge, and all the hardware failures that were occurring for the first 2 years it was on the market established this trend. You don't know this,...but I'm on my 8th 360. Do you know I had 2 replacements within 8 weeks of the console launch? Weren't there supposed to be shortages? Weren't people supposed to be waiting in lines at midnight for trucks to unload at Best Buy and Wal Mart? Yes...that happened,...but if there's such a shortage, how is it that they can have the replacement stockpile for people who had the console RRod? They knew it was going to happen and they took the necessary precautions, i.e. stockpiles of 360's. Fast forward to now and you have the exact same principles but applied to game releases. XBLA consistently states that "there are no refunds for this item". Show me one there is a refund for. Retail releases can be manipulated a little bit. You can lie and say the disc was scratched and take it back to wherever. Regardless, it's attrocious business ethics and so many gamers are just willing to take it. It IS MS's fault. They established this trend on 11/22/05 and it's snowballed. Now everyone's just used to it. You can't die from playing a broken video game, but if the same business model was applied to new car sales...but if an auto maker was supplying cars and trucks that behave like the release of these games...it would be destroyed in a court of law and there would be millions upon millions or dollars paid out. Regardless of the product or market...it's wrong people.

I hate to quote such a huge thing, but I have to pretty much rebut against every piece. So, here goes...

1. No, MS didn't start this precedent. It's been a precedent for many, many years. Maybe you've just never been a PC gamer. It's newish to consoles, but still pre-dates the 360.

2. 8 360s? WTF do you do to them? I'm on my second. Well, third. One RRoD'd and one got blown up by 220v power (not MS' fault... nor my own). I mean, that's either piss poor luck, or you treat your hardware like shit.

3. Why did they have replacement units to send out? Because they're a fucking business! When you are a business, and you do something such as launching a new product, there's this little thing called a "plan". These "plans", as such, include things like reserve product for warranty replacement, media distribution (reviews), corporate gifting and other such things. 8 or 38 or 208 are not that numerous and I'm sure there were even more in the warehouse. No company worth a shit that makes hardware will actually EMPTY their warehouse at launch, regardless of demand. L2GetAClue

4. Wait, in one sentence you talk about lying to return a game, and then in the next you call out companies on their ethics. Really? Did that just happen? Nothing further needs to be said about that.

5. While you bring up the auto industry, perhaps you should do some research. Perhaps you've heard of recalls? They are these warning issued out, usually after one or several or dozens of people have experienced catastrophic failures, often leading to death. Brake lines that fail, tires that blow out at freeway speeds, airbags that don't deploy. Do you know what these auto manufacturers do? They PATCH them with warranty repair. Like, they engineer fixes and workarounds, and then you bring your car in, on your dime and your gas, then they "patch" your car with an update. Then it works... or doesn't. Those auto companies are the same ones in business now, in business ten years ago, in business 30 years ago.

At any rate, I'm pretty sure you've just been smoked.

Dao Jones
08-30-2008, 06:27 AM
7. The second was a car stereo that turned out to be stolen. I spent the night in a county prison until it was sorted out and well, lets just say it burned worse than the curry the next day.

Wow, that sucks!

Played the last three nights with 2-3 other friends and we have had only two dropped games. No other errors. Is the problem trying to find a match or do people have all these problems in friend only games too?

XxxSyLiZaRxxX
08-30-2008, 06:51 AM
Wow....simply wow.... my friend bought the game the day it came out, we beat it on local co-op, played up to "Lava World" online, with NO PROBLEMS, then played to the final level again on local. So all you people who are complaining should check their systems, cause it worked perfect for us.

Deathblow23
08-30-2008, 07:03 AM
1. No, MS didn't start this precedent. It's been a precedent for many, many years. Maybe you've just never been a PC gamer. It's newish to consoles, but still pre-dates the 360.

2. 8 360s? WTF do you do to them? I'm on my second. Well, third. One RRoD'd and one got blown up by 220v power (not MS' fault... nor my own). I mean, that's either piss poor luck, or you treat your hardware like shit.

3. Why did they have replacement units to send out? Because they're a fucking business! When you are a business, and you do something such as launching a new product, there's this little thing called a "plan". These "plans", as such, include things like reserve product for warranty replacement, media distribution (reviews), corporate gifting and other such things. 8 or 38 or 208 are not that numerous and I'm sure there were even more in the warehouse. No company worth a shit that makes hardware will actually EMPTY their warehouse at launch, regardless of demand. L2GetAClue

4. Wait, in one sentence you talk about lying to return a game, and then in the next you call out companies on their ethics. Really? Did that just happen? Nothing further needs to be said about that.

5. While you bring up the auto industry, perhaps you should do some research. Perhaps you've heard of recalls? They are these warning issued out, usually after one or several or dozens of people have experienced catastrophic failures, often leading to death. Brake lines that fail, tires that blow out at freeway speeds, airbags that don't deploy. Do you know what these auto manufacturers do? They PATCH them with warranty repair. Like, they engineer fixes and workarounds, and then you bring your car in, on your dime and your gas, then they "patch" your car with an update. Then it works... or doesn't. Those auto companies are the same ones in business now, in business ten years ago, in business 30 years ago.

At any rate, I'm pretty sure you've just been smoked.

Ummm...yeah. Let me just fill you in a bit. The 360's similarities to the PC, as far as patches, issues with QA, etc. don't compare. The PC market was/is very much a niche market. You're not comparing apples to apples there. I've had 8 360's. I've had 3 RRoD's...one with a faulty USB port, one that would not bond with a wireless controller, one was a replacement that was broken IN the box when I opened it, and 2 that would not stop freezing under any circumstances. They have all sat vertical in an entertainment center with nothing surrounding ANY side...it got plenty of air in a house with plenty of AC. I guess it was somehow all my fault though, huh?

The point about stockpiling was that they had massive amounts ready for them to start breaking. I don't believe it was just the normal contingency plan...anybody that does think that,...well(sigh)

I never said that I lied about scratches and took games back. I still own every 360 game that I have bought since day 1. So my ethics aren't in question.

And about those recalls...yeah they're rarely of the same magnitude. Virtually every other game...maybe every 3rd game gets patched. Now for all you math majors out there...apply that to the number of auto makers...and then to every other, or every 3rd car they make. Does that really translate to what you said. If it did...do you honestly think they would still be in business. It's not equal.

All you did was prove that you're incapable of anything more than a shallow analysis. What I said was 100% true and really isn't even very arguable at all. But here you come with your cute quips, running off at the mouth trying to sound as if you have an amazing wit about you when you CLEARLY didn't read the post very thoroughly. The bottom line is that you, like so many others have gotten used to taking it in the can from companies like MS and you are somehow suprised that I am not used to that. I will never get used to that, or accept it...I'll be pissed every time because I expect more for my money. The only one who got "smoked" here was the guy who proved he was willing to grab his ankles for Microsoft...and that guy was you.

xepherys
08-30-2008, 02:03 PM
You're not a realist are you?

No, I said the other option was piss poor luck. When I was in Afghanistan, the world's dustiest, filthiest and ass ho country, we had 9 guys with 360s. Mine was the only one that died, and only because some asshat plugged it into 220v. If they can survive that (it was a combination of original, elites and Halo editions) then obviously the craftsmanship has something going for it.

Yes, that IS a normal contingency plan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contingency_plan). Take a business class or talk to a corporate manager, or even a retail manager. It's a normal process that any half way decent company will go through with a new hardware launch.

Do a Google search for "xbox 360 failure rate" and the numbers right on the first page are all over the place, 10, 16, 30, 33, 61? Seriously, 61% I doubt that VERY highly. I know several people that still have their launch 360, and they play the hell out of it. Obviously nobody really knows anyway, people just like to make wild speculations.

You may not have said that YOU lied about games take them back. But even suggesting it and then discussing companies' ethics back to back is absurd.

Rarely of the same magnitude? Wait, by magnitude I assume you mean sheer number? Okay, I'll give you that. But when your 360 RRoD's, you don't fucking die. My definition of recall magnitude would include not only raw numbers, but outcomes as well. Getting a free box to ship it to MS to get a replacement vs. Having faulty (known) tires blow out on the freeway, resulting in the death of your family and the truck driver who hit you as you skidded out in front of him. Hmm... yeah, I see what you mean. I'd WAY rather take the lower chance risk of DYING over the higher risk chance that my fucking GAME doesn't work.

At any rate, I'm capable of quite deep analysis, thank you. And I read the entirety of BOTH of your last two laughable posts. My "can" is quite in tact, thank you. How I choose to spend my money is my choice. I think Castle Crashers is a great game. Right now it's a great SP game. Someday it'll be a great MP game. I can live with that. It's not like you just dropped $18k on a new car that doesn't work... you threw a few bucks into a video game. The fact that you're so irate over the whole situation is why it's so much fun to call you out on it all. Grab my ankles for MS? You must be a Mac guy. And a PS3 guy. Oh wait, you've already SAID you have a 360. I'm guessing that you are typing these responses on a Windows PC. In fact, with a 47K+ gamerscore, you've proven that you BUY and/or RENT far more games than I do. Must be your enlarged anus that's making you so upset...

xepherys
08-30-2008, 02:08 PM
Microsoft did set the precedent when it comes to patching for console gaming. Before HDDs and internet was a major part of console gaming, console games had a lot less bugs.

But yea, quality control has been dropping, and not just when it comes to games. However, on the other side, everything has become more complicated as well, so the chance for error is much larger.

Sure they had less bugs, especially when they were cartridge-based. The difference was they weren't as big of games. There are some exception (say Zelda). Put trying to compare Ice Climbers to Braid or RC Pro-Am to GTA IV is a bit short sighted. In fact, if anything MS did something WONDERFUL for gamers. Now broken aspects of games don't just need to be played around... they can be FIXED. Something that never happened before, obviously. Games DID have bugs before the Xbox. Oftentimes exploiting them was beneficial, sometimes it broke things. That's nothing new.

DJbruce
08-30-2008, 08:59 PM
I bought this today and havent been able play online yet =/ .

Deathblow23
08-30-2008, 09:48 PM
We get it Xephyr...you like Castle Crashers alot. That's ok. As I said earlier...I haven't even played it. I won't play it until it's fixed...and probably not even then. The thread was about CC being 1,200 MSP and it being broken...and the implication was that the author was pissed about it. My posts in here have been related in that this is by far not the first time this kind of thing has happened. It goes all the way back to the 360 launch...and for some of you...even farther. Since this is an XBOX 360 related site...I simply went as far back as the launch. I made some very valid points...and they were spread across more than the 2 posts you read. Given the money I've spent on 360 gaming...I have a right to be pissed when I buy things that are broken...or when my 360 itself breaks. If you don't like how pissed I get...sorry bro. I will tell you that I have the utmost respect for your service to our country, but that's where it stops. You came in here blindly running off at the mouth about this and that...taking shots at how you THINK I treat my consoles...and how you THINK I just might be lying about scratched discs and even how you THINK I must not know what a recall truly is.(My camry had one a few months back) You were beyond disrespectful with what you have implied about me and what I had to say. Not one word of what I have posted was fabricated in the least. Anything I may have said that seemed harsh was in defense of my posts after you entered with your kind words. You can check all the way back up to my very first one in this thread. In fact, why don't you search a little higher and take a peek at my post with the link to the gamespot forums where the MS insider spilled the beans about the 360 test data that was swept under the rug prior to launch. I don't know how much of a realist I am when it comes to being a consumer...but I know I'm an optimist. Tiger Woods 08' was broken...if I decide to play 09' I expect that it will run perfectly...no MAJOR bugs, game-breaking save problems, etc. This is my attitude with every release that I place in my disc tray,...or that I download from the XBLM. I'm not concerned with how you spend your money...but it actually does trouble me a little that you aren't concerned with the return on your investments. Once that attitude becomes the majority...we are all screwed. Reply as harsh as you want...I'm sure you will. I won't be replying. I hope you don't have a feeling of triumph or that you "smoked" me. It's just that this back and forth is really stupid...I couldn't care less. I made very valid points...almost all of which you failed to see...ESPECIALLY in their context. (sigh)...anyway...(sadly)carry on soldier...

xepherys
08-31-2008, 12:40 AM
Look, Deathblow, I'm sorry that I came off as disrespectful. You've obviously given this far more thought than most people that make similar arguments. I'll agree to disagree. No big...

From the other perspective, however (just as an FYI), I thought it a bit disrespectful that you tell us all we're getting raped by MS because we just let things happen. I consider my purchases before I make them, and do or do not purchase a game for many different reasons. A bug that I believe will be fixed within a reasonable amount of time, regardless of how large, is something I am willing to overlook. Once an individual developer has a running track record of making broken games that they do not fix, I would not make such a gamble.

I guess it comes down to this... we'll each spend our hard earned money how we see fit. I'm sorry my spending habits create a negative environment for you by giving the developers a sense of allowance.

MadaRenrut
08-31-2008, 09:37 PM
Hey Adam,

Thanks so much for the email and the support. We're aware that some people are having some network issues as well as some other random bugs. We're dedicated to making sure we resolve those issues and are working with Microsoft to issue an update to the title as soon as we possibly can. We're on the case and we will do all that we can to resolve any outstanding issues.

Thanks for writing in and we hope you enjoy playing the game.

--
Emil Ayoubkhan
Project Manager
www.thebehemoth.com (http://www.thebehemoth.com)
emil@thebehemoth.com (emil@thebehemoth.com)

---
thats an email i got awhile ago, i just haven't posted it yet.. so everyone saying that the game is perfect, this is from the project manager so call him dumb like some of you have posted about me and others that aren't blind fanboys.
deathblow has said it all, so thanks for standing up to the post and the fanboys.

][CEMAN
08-31-2008, 11:01 PM
Soooo for the second time around. I got my animal orbs/weapons/items/gold reset.

Just so you guys know most of the bugs are only happening in 4 player online games. I have been playing both 3 and 4 player with friends and here are the couple of bugs that i have found during 4 player online.

Do not buy pets from a shop, it will crash the game most of the time.
Digging holes may crash the game.

Any crashes may and will reset your stuff. You will keep your level if it does reset but everything else will be gone.

It's quite frustrating for me as i was trying to get my achievement for finding all the pets.

Hope the info helps.

Wonderboy
09-01-2008, 01:48 AM
Alright I've been watching this thread for a few days and haven't had a chance to reply since I've been busy so I'd like to say a few things on this whole situation. Alright, for starters, bitching and complaining about a game isn't going to get the patch made any faster, if anything it could put the creators under a lot of pressure and stress and then even fuck up the patch making us the consumer very angry. Another thing is if we all go "BLAH BLAH YOUR GAME SUCKS I HATE YOU BLAH BLAH BUGS THIS BUGS THAT" then if the creator wanted to could be a total douche and say "ya know what, no I'm not going to make a patch for these ungrateful bastards and just let them live with a broken game..." so I think if everyone, regardless if they were pissed or not, should maybe be at least a little civilized with their complaining of a problem in a game other than basically trying to yell and scream over a computer in a forum. I mean has anyone checked the official website? It's been down since the game released so their could had been a simultaneous problem through their servers which may have messed some shit up and actually made the bugs worse than they could be and that could also be proof that they ARE working on a patch. If you actually take a step back and look at the big picture you do really see that they are only human as well and make errors as we do and to jump off the handle and freak out about it is stupid because I will agree the challenging and long game play has indeed been taken away greatly which does, as a gamer since I was a child, pisses me off greatly. Now I know this is going off topic a bit but I'm also maybe trying to see if other people see it, but has anyone else noticed that game companies are more going for graphics now than game play and a longer more in depth storyline or whatever?

Castle Crashers hasn't crashed on me personally yet but I do know there is that chance. I think it in all honesty is one of the better games for the 360 which is saying a lot since it only cost $15 compared to a lot of the $60 retail games. Which brings me back to my personal game thought from earlier, why is Oblivion so good? Because it is challenging which quenches the hardcore gamers needs but yet someone who is a casual gamer can also pick it up and just play. Games get pumped out far to fast now-a-days to even really put good content for the hardcore gamers, it seems to me they're more targeted to the casual gaming audience more so than the games that you HAVE to sit down and play for hours, which is why I like CC so much to look past it's faults. It has that element where it's easy to play but, as a hardcore gamer myself, I can sit down and play it for hours on end and still have more things to do.

Also with xepherys post I'd also like to point something out, he said that some bugs do help you and some do also harm you. The thing that I've noticed is that if a bug or even a glitch helps you, I'll use Halo 2's BXR, BXB etc. as the example, you don't bitch you don't complain you use it to your advantage then, I'll use Halo 3 as another example, you find a bug or glitch or something that is wrong in the players eyes such as the melee system when the game was released they bitch moan and complain. I take glitches and things that are wrong for what they are, it makes no difference to me because people will always see the bugs that help them as good and the bugs that harm them as bad, bugs are bugs...no matter if they help or harm.

Kitamaru
09-01-2008, 02:00 AM
I had the same problem with ninja gaiden 2. Micrsoft needs to get that together

fuzzy343
09-01-2008, 02:09 AM

Why do you keep complaining about fucking XBLA games? You have the shortest fucking fuse I've ever seen in a person. Remember when you bagged on fucking Braid? If you don't here's the link http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=85041. If you really don't like these games then you should go play on some other fucking console. You should get some of these games a chance before you keep bagging on them. Or maybe your 360 really hates you and wants you to stop playing on it; that's why it keeps deleting your data.

Ok im done ranting now.

Skelix
09-01-2008, 03:38 AM
8 360 failures is totally possible. I had 2 new units fail, one was a launch premium and one was a ~ year later core. Both of those failed and had multiple refurbished units that would failed 2-5 months later. Ultimately one was replaced with a new unit which I gave away (prob 6 failures- all RROD). The other one (dvd drive failure) was replaced with an Elite I still use today.

Like someone said this is not new, PC games have done this forever. The just get it out there, we will patch it later.

If you bought it, oh well what else can you do other than wait. Just don't buy games as new releases. Trade them, buy them on the cheap. Hell my backlog of games is so great, I could stop buying now and have enough to keep me busy. By the time I get to the game, the bugs are gone :)

DinnerandaShow
09-01-2008, 04:46 AM
Its not like the developers want a game to ship with bugs. Believe me, thats the last thing they want, because then word gets out and less people buy it, which means less money for them. It also means that they have to get to work on a patch, again, which means less money for them because they have to release it for free.

MadaRenrut
09-01-2008, 05:59 AM
Why do you keep complaining about fucking XBLA games? You have the shortest fucking fuse I've ever seen in a person. Remember when you bagged on fucking Braid? If you don't here's the link http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=85041. If you really don't like these games then you should go play on some other fucking console. You should get some of these games a chance before you keep bagging on them. Or maybe your 360 really hates you and wants you to stop playing on it; that's why it keeps deleting your data.

Ok im done ranting now.

man you are all the other idiots in the braid forum and here that keep saying i don't give the games a chance need to check my gamer card, to see how much chance i gave.

Shuttle
09-01-2008, 02:49 PM
There is a solution to the crashing problem. You can only play one on one, and the person you are playing with, you must be in private chat. It is weird, but apparently the game cannot handle the fighting and you talking to a friend, that is why single player works so well.

TheBlueMeep
09-01-2008, 03:17 PM
I have read ever word of this thread and I believe Smash TV Game Master Achievement is worth dying for. Repeatedly.