IGN Review

osea101

What is going on here? So many RPGS shot down brutally by many review sites: Too Human, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon. I didn't like the demo for Tales of Vesperia because I want this game instead but Tales is getting really good reviews.

I am just very disappointed, I really looked forward to this title.

its a 7.1, its not that bad. also, i dont even care about reviews i liked lost odyssey i liked blue dragon havent tried too human, but i am going to be getting tales of vesperia, and most likely this because of the developer(square enix) i will get it.

Agree with you completely. I loved LO and BD. I enjoyed Too Human very much despite all of the negative reviews. I'll definitly be adding this to my gamefly list.

Keep in mind Reviews are just someones Opinion on the game. Where they may feel the game is flawed and sub-par you may not.I would suggest taking reviews lightly for anything...I don't know how many times a movie is given horrible reviews, I watch it and thoroughly enjoy it, same for games.

Make your own opinions and don't let someone else decide whether you should or shouldn't buy a game, aswell as what you do and don't like.

I have been playing this game all day. If you like Square Enix and you also enjoy playing LO and BD, you have to give this game a shot. So far it is fun and the combat system is pretty good, it is all in real time which is different than the other two. Bottom line, if you are a fan of this style of game you need to try this out.

I also loved Blue Dragon. I didn't play LO because I was told it was like FF10, a game I hated. I'll have to check out LO after Infinite Undiscovery I think.

I loved Tales on the GameCube, but the demo for Vesperia didn't float my boat, I canceled that pre-order and replaced it with IU. So far, while I prefer turn based RPGs, I am really enjoying this game after an hour of play. As anyone that plays RPGs knows, an hour in is like you just took the wrapping off, so I can't give a fair opinion, but so far, I'm liking it. Fighting like Fable, but much more involved, for the better.

I'd say this is a 8-8.5 really, its a really solid game with a good combat system... the story, graphics and voice acting is a bit crap tho... but a good rpg doesnt need good graphics to be awesome tho.

Iv'e played 20 hours+ so far, and i enjoy it alot. But i'm also a Square RPG fanatic, so i bet my score is a bit on their side ;)

I have played LO and i liked it. its turn based. Story line is pretty good and if you're going to buy it, take in mind that is spread out on 4 CDs. Each CD is a part of the game and its broken down in 4 parts. Loads of characters to choose from with quite an unique ability from mellee to magic.

But hey, i'm just another opinion. If you are considering buying a game, whta i do, is

1. i don't care about reviews... (as stated above, its someones opinion)

2. i go rent the game for a few days and try it out, if i don't like it , i only lost $5 vice $59. If i like it, i go buy it.