PDA

View Full Version : EASY leveling/exp exploit

DDR Midian
08-28-2008, 06:19 PM
Found by Scottmog2003, recorded by myself and upped by BlueEagle44.

YouTube - Castle Crashers Catfish exploit (easy leveling/exp)

Should be self-explanatory.

buknasty88
08-28-2008, 06:23 PM
Good job for finding that trick. Gonna be helpful for people who want to get to lvl 99 with their character

Dravz
08-28-2008, 06:26 PM
YouTube - Castle Crashers Catfish exploit (easy leveling/exp) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyp3UDHIwXE)

Should be self-explanatory.
Any chance you could explain it? I can't watch youtubes at work.

DDR Midian
08-28-2008, 06:29 PM
Any chance you could explain it? I can't watch youtubes at work.
Basically you go to the catfish boss with the boomerang, quickly find something to stand on then aim at the area the catfish rises from and charge the boomerang. Release it just before he rises up so it gets stuck behind his back and gets an insane amount of hits on him. Make sure you don't move vertically or it'll come unstuck, destroy the hairball and then just stand there blocking his claw swipes.

Gets about 660 exp per go.

PapaNico
08-28-2008, 06:30 PM
what did he do? what was the starfish thing?

DDR Midian
08-28-2008, 06:33 PM
what did he do? what was the starfish thing? That's the boomerang. Take the cardinal to the forest level with the s***ing animals and he'll find it in a bush near the owl.

ForeverMash
08-28-2008, 06:39 PM
Was trying it out, and it works, but at the end of it, my entire screen got stretched into oblivion. Streaks of brown and green.

At least it didn't freeze up like it does when connecting to multiplayer games...

Edit: Didn't screw me over the second time. Seems like we have a winner.

DDR Midian
08-28-2008, 06:49 PM
Was trying it out, and it works, but at the end of it, my entire screen got stretched into oblivion. Streaks of brown and green.

At least it didn't freeze up like it does when connecting to multiplayer games...

Edit: Didn't screw me over the second time. Seems like we have a winner.

Yeah that happens occasionally. My friend said it happened to him about 3 times out of 50. Quitting to dash cures it.

ForeverMash
08-28-2008, 06:52 PM
Yeah that happens occasionally. My friend said it happened to him about 3 times out of 50. Quitting to dash cures it.

Yep, and you even get to keep the experience if you wait long enough.

(Cheers for Insane Mode!)

icypinksmurf
08-28-2008, 06:52 PM
How do you get the cardinal? :O

ForeverMash
08-28-2008, 06:55 PM
He's in the Industrial Castle, attached to an enemy. (After the elevator part~)

Biffaboy
08-28-2008, 06:58 PM
He's in the Industrial Castle, attached to an enemy. (After the elevator part~)
How do you get in there?
I have max strength but I still can't break the door...

ForeverMash
08-28-2008, 07:00 PM
Grow Beefy by eating a sandwich~

Biffaboy
08-28-2008, 07:01 PM
Grow Beefy by eating a sandwich~
And you get that from?

icypinksmurf
08-28-2008, 07:03 PM
And you get that from?

the store, cant remember which one exactly one after theives forest maybe.. its very cheap 15 gold ea! or you can go to the lava level and keep killing red bat metal guys and you'll max out on pb&j :D

Biffaboy
08-28-2008, 07:06 PM
the store, cant remember which one exactly one after theives forest maybe.. its very cheap 15 gold ea! or you can go to the lava level and keep killing red bat metal guys and you'll max out on pb&j :D

Well I'm currently on cyclops cave, so can I get it or not?

icypinksmurf
08-28-2008, 07:11 PM
Well I'm currently on cyclops cave, so can I get it or not?

I'm not sure where exactly that is... can you be more specific? for the way to get it for free you need to go to the top of the map the one right at the volcano its the last 'real map' i believe that the two maps after that are an arena and a shop..

EDIT: i think its the shop after the industrial castle or the one after that...

Biffaboy
08-28-2008, 07:13 PM
I'm not sure where exactly that is... can you be more specific? for the way to get it for free you need to go to the top of the map the one right at the volcano its the last 'real map' i believe that the two maps after that are an arena and a shop..

EDIT: i think its the shop after the industrial castle or the one after that...

I can't kill the cyclops, hes the boss after "Wedding Bash" or something like that.
Edit: Killed him, now at "Lava store"

icypinksmurf
08-28-2008, 07:16 PM
I can't kill the cyclops, hes the boss after "Wedding Bash" or something like that.

oh, you mean the boss that is crying and the princess is up in the cage? also is there a coffin in the middle of the room?

if so then no the level is after that.. (but I'm still not sure of the location of the store.. sorries :()

Biffaboy
08-28-2008, 07:27 PM
oh, you mean the boss that is crying and the princess is up in the cage? also is there a coffin in the middle of the room?

if so then no the level is after that.. (but I'm still not sure of the location of the store.. sorries :()

Ok i've got it now, thanks :D.

icypinksmurf
08-28-2008, 07:30 PM
Ok i've got it now, thanks :D.

No Problem :D Wish I could have been more helpful!

AndyFreak457
08-28-2008, 07:36 PM
good find :)

KingBroly
08-28-2008, 08:32 PM
This would be really helpful if I could beat the boss on Insane 2 levels before it. Seriously, that boss is a bitch.

Rolyatkcinmai
08-28-2008, 11:24 PM
Doesn't work for me.

The rare instances where I can get the boomerang behind him and stuck, he just knocks me off whatever I'm riding or goes underwater, and I get my boomerang back.

I still get a bit of XP from it, but not much.

ForeverMash
08-28-2008, 11:27 PM
Be sure to block while the boomerang is doing its work, and align yourself with the boat.

Panda
08-28-2008, 11:46 PM
Gj, spoil the game already.

Iron Guitarist
08-29-2008, 12:48 AM
I dont see how gaining levels and becoming exponentially more powerful quicker spoils a game.

ForeverMash
08-29-2008, 01:05 AM
In the only place it matters, the Arena, everone's stats get normalized. If you're playing together, then it doesn't really matter, right?

Panda
08-29-2008, 01:36 AM
I dont see how gaining levels and becoming exponentially more powerful quicker spoils a game.

Rofl. Of course it's spoiling the game.

This method completely destroys the RPG side of the game - character development.

Gaining XP throughout levels is all part of the fun.

This method just skips all of that to me - that's definitely spoiling the game =\.

ForeverMash
08-29-2008, 01:55 AM
The RPG side of this game is very, very insignificant. Considering that it is possible to max out every stat, you're pretty much limiting any kind of development in your character.

Beside that, it's also interesting to point out that the difference in difficulty between the first bits of insane and the last boss in normal is quite large. Grinding is boring, and this just makes it a bit more managable.

Requiem Paradox
08-29-2008, 08:02 AM
XP Gain = Fun
Grinding = Not Fun

Anxion
08-29-2008, 01:09 PM
Where do you get the boomerang? if it hasn't already been asked.

Xposure
08-29-2008, 03:07 PM
Anxion, this has already been asked.

1. Get the Cardinal.
2. Go to the Thieve's Forest, and make your way to the crapping owl.
3. Walk up to the owl and you should aquire the boomerang.

Enjoy.

icypinksmurf
08-29-2008, 05:27 PM
Anxion, this has already been asked.

1. Get the Cardinal.
2. Go to the Thieve's Forest, and make your way to the crapping owl.
3. Walk up to the owl and you should aquire the boomerang.

Enjoy.

If you didn't know already you get the cardinal from the industrial castle from fighting the heavy.

Enjoy. ;)

Anxion
08-29-2008, 05:30 PM
Alright sorry for my sillyness.

So one last question what level do you have to be to get inside the industrial castle?

SebastianSB
08-29-2008, 05:46 PM
Alright sorry for my sillyness.

So one last question what level do you have to be to get inside the industrial castle?

you don't have to be any specific level...you have to get a sandwich from the volcano store so you can break the door down.

You would find your answers a lot faster if you took the time to read the thread instead of re-asking the same questions

Emfulz
08-29-2008, 08:28 PM
Rofl. Of course it's spoiling the game.

This method completely destroys the RPG side of the game - character development.

Gaining XP throughout levels is all part of the fun.

This method just skips all of that to me - that's definitely spoiling the game =.

This "exploit" is exactly what you said, why ruin the fun of having a challenge by doing the glitch it just makes the game boring. I tried it once to see if it works and it mostly takes 1-2 times just to level up which is stupid. You can do that till level 99 and just run through the game. Now if there was an achievement for getting all 4 basic knights to a certain level I can see people using this but why just to beat the game or on a harder level? This is just ridiculous

ForeverMash
08-29-2008, 08:50 PM
Now if there was an achievement for getting all 4 basic knights to a certain level I can see people using this but why just to beat the game or on a harder level?

So glitching for an achievement is okay, but to make the game more fun for those who don't want to grind endlessly just to have a shot at insane mode isn't? I recommend you give insane a shot with a character that just killed the final boss on normal.

Also, pardoning glitching just to get an achievement is just taking away the whole meaning behind achievements.

Tolwyn
08-29-2008, 09:19 PM
This "exploit" is exactly what you said, why ruin the fun of having a challenge by doing the glitch it just makes the game boring. I tried it once to see if it works and it mostly takes 1-2 times just to level up which is stupid. You can do that till level 99 and just run through the game. Now if there was an achievement for getting all 4 basic knights to a certain level I can see people using this but why just to beat the game or on a harder level? This is just ridiculous
So don't do the glitch then??? How is it possibly spoiling your game? People can do whatever they want, it's a video game.

icypinksmurf
08-29-2008, 09:24 PM
Yeah, if you don't like it don't so it... -_-

Aksh0le
08-29-2008, 09:24 PM
This same trick works great on insane mode, over 7000 exp everytime, to stop the screen glitching just battle him out with a sword when he has a sliver of life left.

Iron Guitarist
08-29-2008, 10:09 PM
Dont bash it if you've never tried it.

TacticalCrono
08-30-2008, 12:03 AM
i already asked this in another thread, but i figure this one might apply more. using this you can get your guy to 99/113,080 exo (max amount). but i see people with 1 more exp than that, maybe the top 30 people or so. any idea where this extra exp is gained from? i suppose its fair if the glitch in some way makes it impossible to get that last one, just to keep glitchers out of the top ranking, but then again that would probably mean the glitch was put in on purpose so i doubt thats the case. any clue how to get that last one?

ForeverMash
08-30-2008, 12:25 AM
My guess is rounding errors.

Iron Guitarist
08-30-2008, 12:41 AM
Well one time I was grinding the Catfish for my Skeleton and it kept gaining only 659, whereas my red knight always got 660.

Amazon XD
08-30-2008, 02:48 AM
Eh, this kind of ruins the game, don't you think?

Half of the fun is leveling up all your characters. Even if you level up a Red Knight to 99, you still have the rest of the characters to level up. I think it kind of takes out the re-playability of some of the game.

TacticalCrono
08-30-2008, 06:43 AM
i dont think it has to do with getting 659 or 660 exp, i just feel like its something different. if its a rounding error ill be sad, i was really happy to be 59 in the world/ tied for first place (ill still tell friends i was number 1 at one point :P), but i feel kinda sad everytime i log on and i get knocked down another 5-10 places. only thing i might try is seeing if maxing out a second character does anything (im close with the peasant). ill try to let you guys know if i figure this out. thanks for the ideas, big thanks to you midian for posting this up here to share it with us

JanHen
08-30-2008, 10:55 AM
(http://www.directupload.net)This happens to me after I beat the catfish a few times. I can still play and save but it's really annoying.

http://s2.directupload.net/images/080830/5qss3psg.jpg (http://www.directupload.net)

HeavenSoldier
08-30-2008, 02:25 PM
(http://www.directupload.net)This happens to me after I beat the catfish a few times. I can still play and save but it's really annoying.

http://s2.directupload.net/images/080830/5qss3psg.jpg (http://www.directupload.net)

after using this exploit a few times...not to grind mind you, only to get help get past a level...i noticed that the only times i got that screen was if i even so much as used the boomerang any time after the boss dies. other than using the boomerang i have never had any problems.

QFC
08-30-2008, 04:57 PM
Here is an easier way to get more EXP. You don't have to worry about lining the boomerang up as much.

YouTube - Zoop Helps Out: Fast Easy Way to Level Up in Castle Crashers

n i c k
08-30-2008, 06:17 PM
I used this method to beat the peasants arena, that was so difficult without this, but i used all my points on the defense, and it was easy :)

chenry
08-30-2008, 06:38 PM
This would be really helpful if I could beat the boss on Insane 2 levels before it. Seriously, that boss is a bitch.

I can't beat the frigging dry-leaf bush monster thing on Insane. His little bushlings keep killing me dead.

JanHen
08-30-2008, 09:31 PM
after using this exploit a few times...not to grind mind you, only to get help get past a level...i noticed that the only times i got that screen was if i even so much as used the boomerang any time after the boss dies. other than using the boomerang i have never had any problems.

Solution: It only happens when you defeat the catfish while he is stunned from the ships cannon ball.

oSILENTGHOSTo
08-31-2008, 02:02 AM
My game glitches EVERY time but all I do is pause just before the stats screen pops up and exit to map.

Eric_1221
08-31-2008, 03:11 AM
I've done it like 50+ times now, and it hasn't glitched once.

Ed Boon
08-31-2008, 03:14 AM
I would say mine glitches about 10-15% of the time, but i havent tried exiting to map before he dies, sounds like a solid plan

neok182
08-31-2008, 03:38 AM
bat way works a lot better. could never get the catfish one to work.

Ed Boon
08-31-2008, 04:15 AM
With the bat you have to kill a couple groups of guys before u get there, with the fish its straight to it... if your having trouble.. stand directly in front of the boat and charge up the boomerang, and right when he spits out the ball throw the boomerang right before the hairball touches you, then block. Then quit to map right before you win to prevent the screen glitch.

neok182
08-31-2008, 04:22 AM
yea i lined myself up perfectly and the boomerang stays back there and i'm blocking but the cat just keeps diving underwater.

idk bat one works all the time and i don't mind taking out those little glops a few times.

Ed Boon
08-31-2008, 04:28 AM
Don't start that up again...

JanHen
08-31-2008, 09:40 AM
Guys, I wrote the solution of the problem a few post above. It works 100% of the time.

Earthbind
08-31-2008, 11:05 AM
I got my savegame screwed up when trying the catfish glitch! My screen froze (a common problem it seems) and tried quiting to dashbord. Then started the game and to my surprice; all my dudes back at level 1 and all bonus characters reseted!!! I had 3 charachter at 40-50 level! So a warning to all; this glitch my screw with your savefile!

Nick Nd Minx
09-01-2008, 09:36 PM
yo u all should not use the catfish 2 level up u all saying it crashes ur game nd **** nd make u lose all ur stuff................ go to the bat on insane mode it easy takes 3 mins u get like 6842ex points meaning ur level up anoth times by just doing it once all u got do is hold block once u set it all up. just a heds up if all u doing is trying get 2 level 99 takes like 2 hours max from level 1 :D take it eazy. hit me bak if dis helpz u manz out init

Ed Boon
09-01-2008, 09:41 PM
To Earthbind's problem, just quit to map just before the catfish dies, it will never glitch out because it never reaches the point where he dies, and actually is probably faster because you don't have to sit and wait for the exp counter to display.

scarface983
12-27-2009, 06:21 AM
did they patch this glitch up? because i am trying both the methods and the boomerang just keeps coming back to me

x KrazieNoob x
12-30-2009, 10:15 PM
They might have patched this up....I can't seem to do it either. I hope they didn't =[.

EDIT: when looking on google, it says it has been patched, though just delete the cache and don't update when it asks you to when you first start up the game and you'll be good to go!

SkyChat
12-31-2009, 11:35 AM
I bought the game last night and it didn't came with a patch.

padraiglovesyou
01-07-2010, 08:03 PM
works perfectly :)

Zerowind117
06-29-2010, 04:45 AM
Doesn't work for me. I doubt I'm doing it wrong but Idk why it would be patched for some and not others.

Ace IIXII
07-02-2010, 12:30 AM
Isn't working for me either, maybe it has been patched in the last 2 years.

Andrewken
07-06-2010, 05:35 PM
Yeah this was patched ages ago.

You have to clear cache/update and do it offline.

Seliphas
07-06-2010, 05:36 PM
love that game!

areaxero
07-06-2010, 09:59 PM
Still works if you go to Memory and clear the system cache, when the game begins, don't update and pull the boomerang trick to gain quick levels.

Devil Sora
03-02-2011, 10:46 AM
Hmm. . . .cool beans Idk if I should tell my friend about this or not. . . .I think I'm gonna try it out now see if it works (it obviouslly does) and see how fast I can power level my character that we started today (when I left him I was lvl 5 he was lvl 4 I'm currentlly lvl 15 lets see if I can get stupid crazy high)

sparhawk909
04-04-2011, 11:27 PM
I just found this thread and deleted my hard drive cache to try the exp glitch. I tried to play offline, but the game wouldn't let me, thinking I still had the trial version. So I chose the option to Unlock Full Game (I bought the game already), went back on XBox Live, downloaded the patch, and tried playing.

Well, I found out all my data is gone and I'm back to level 1.

So if you downloaded the trial game then subsequently bought the game, don't attempt to clear hard drive cache and choose "unlock full game" when you try to play offline.

waschbaerjohann
08-01-2011, 10:41 PM
@ sparhawk909
no, thats wrong.
dont try to play offline if you dont have the game licensed to your console, because it wont work. i guess you had the game bought with another console, so you will have to do a license transfer (search feature @ xbox.com or google), because if you dont, you only have a account license for the game, which will only let you play the full game while you´re connected to live. declining the update will result in a disconnect, leaving you with the trial version. no update=no live=trial version. that simple.
starting the trial version will kill your savedata, because the game does not store that seperately from the gamedata, or connecting to live while in trial version will screw this up because this will change the trial to full game version, anyways its not a good idea to start the trial if you have bought the game and want to keep your savegame.

Cx3 Grunty
09-06-2011, 02:50 AM
@ sparhawk909
no, thats wrong.
dont try to play offline if you dont have the game licensed to your console, because it wont work. i guess you had the game bought with another console, so you will have to do a license transfer (search feature @ xbox.com or google), because if you dont, you only have a account license for the game, which will only let you play the full game while you´re connected to live. declining the update will result in a disconnect, leaving you with the trial version. no update=no live=trial version. that simple.
starting the trial version will kill your savedata, because the game does not store that seperately from the gamedata, or connecting to live while in trial version will screw this up because this will change the trial to full game version, anyways its not a good idea to start the trial if you have bought the game and want to keep your savegame.

No, it is just very finicky. I started playing this again recently, and i can't get it to work either, and i know for a fact all my licensing has been transferred to this new console.

ofay
09-06-2011, 02:36 PM
Also the latest dlc won't work if you are not connected to xbl