PDA

View Full Version : Buying Gamerscore

SpeedyWat
08-29-2008, 01:18 AM
Hypothetically speaking, if you could buy gamerscore, would you? Let's say 1$ per 10 points. Maybe none of you would, but I garantee there would be some people who would drop enough cash to have the most points worldwide.

I, personally, believe there would be no point to, but some would. Seing as there is nothing to achieve, it wouldn't be worth it to me.

The question is would you?

**I realize this will never happen. hence the word hypothetically.**

DigitalFury
08-29-2008, 01:26 AM
Actually, it does happen; as a matter of fact, someone posted an Ebay listing on this site about a month ago.

Anyway, I enjoy playing games, GamerScore is just the icing on the cake, so to speak. I guess another more clear way to word it is gaming is the incentive to play my games, achievements are a bonus. So, buying them would be a waste of my money.

Tubson57
08-29-2008, 01:37 AM
Anyway, I enjoy playing games, GamerScore is just the icing on the cake, so to speak. I guess another more clear way to word it is gaming is the incentive to play my games, achievements are a bonus. So, buying them would be a waste of my money.

You took the words right out of my mouth! But I'm sure there are lots of people out there (probably not on this forum) that would pay some money to make it look like they were legit.

Ben Sharpe
08-29-2008, 01:46 AM
Not a chance, I realise my GS isn't big but I am proud of it and I just enjoy getting it , I just couldn't bring myself to buying GS considering I son't even rent games for GS nevermind buy them for it.

EOU Findub
08-29-2008, 01:50 AM
The only way I could justify buying gamerscore is for the achievements that are no longer attainable. While I do think it is total bush league that developers would close servers and make online no longer available, this would be the only reason I would buy it. I guess glitched achievements falls under this as well....

DigitalFury
08-29-2008, 01:51 AM
Truthfully, it seems pointless to buy achievements or a higher GamerScore. Seriously, what do you get out of it? Does your high GamerScore buy you groceries every wednesday? Perhaps it pays your phone bill.... no? Well, surely it puts gas/petrol in your car, right? Oh, that's right, GamerScore may occassionally get you compliments from 9 year old kids on Xbox live and that's totally worth it!

Kolin32k
08-29-2008, 01:51 AM
Nope, Never. It's a -really- lame thing to do if that ever happened.

Plus think about it, Would you spend $100 for 1000 points? Christ you'd need to pay like 25,000 dollars to be top in the world, I mean seriously anyone with that much money for that is a serious headcase, -Serious- Mentalist.

gamerdude26
08-29-2008, 02:08 AM
yea i agree wif wat DigitalFury said 100%..playing the games nd going after achievs is the fun of it all nd ur GS ultimatly is the proof or the icing lol..so my answer would be no..wundnt be a point to it..

Malikkr
08-29-2008, 03:06 AM
I wouldn't. My GamerScore is only 4,045 (pathetic, I know) but I'm still proud of it, I worked hard for it. What I hate is the people that play games they hate just so they can get Achievements. Like SpeedyWat said, its the icing on the cake. Just there to show people what've you done and what games you play, and how good you are at them. It irritates me how people hack and cheat to get achievements and stuff. So what if you have the most GamerPoints in the world! Big wuff! It's not like you win anything, or people respect you. You just have a highscore thats higher than everyone else. Go figure!

Malikkr
08-29-2008, 03:08 AM
I play for fun and after I'm done playing, then I go back through and try to get achievements, but I get and play the game for the fun of it. (sorry, I know I posted twice, my computer is going all weird and I didn't get to finish)

Jdm
08-29-2008, 04:59 AM
I will NEVER pay anyone to unlock achievements for me, nor will I ever be taking money to play for others.

I'll be watching those that say yes to this.;)

ostriker
08-29-2008, 05:42 AM
i think i would sell my xbox if microsoft would event think about this idea, i dont play for GS but a 100% on a game shows that you are skilled player at the game

Son of Kyuss
08-29-2008, 05:49 AM
I gotta agree with everyone else. Paying for achievement points, in this hypothetical situation, would be utterly stupid. I love earning achievements since they add replay value to games, but would I want to pay to have the biggest gamerscore in the world? No, if someone was that wasteful of their money just to have a bigger e-peen then I would laugh because in the end it doesn't matter.

A Satyr
08-29-2008, 05:51 AM
Buy?... no... Sell?... depends on how much they offer...

JC
08-29-2008, 07:06 AM
I would never do it, unlocking achievements is just something I cannot miss. ;)

RX24
08-29-2008, 07:10 AM
I wouldn't probably.

Ryan2099
08-29-2008, 07:25 AM
The only way I could justify buying gamerscore is for the achievements that are no longer attainable. While I do think it is total bush league that developers would close servers and make online no longer available, this would be the only reason I would buy it. I guess glitched achievements falls under this as well....

Same thing I was thinking.

Eternal
08-29-2008, 07:31 AM
I saw this site that sold 1000gs for $500

Dark Scarecrow
08-29-2008, 09:31 AM

:whs

Paying for Achievements is like paying for someone to do a crossword for you it defeats the point.

Jdm
08-29-2008, 09:54 AM
Buy?... no... Sell?... depends on how much they offer...

Even if you did decide to "sell", what you do on your own time is none of our business. Just don't bring it in here. I still advise people to stay clear of this period.

kentarulez
08-29-2008, 10:52 AM
I wouldn't buy it, unless it was glitched, or impossible, but not for a normal achievement in a game. I just love the little ping noise it makes and I'm proud of my 6K!