PDA

View Full Version : Apparently I've been banned.

Bishop24
08-29-2008, 05:24 AM
Well I was playing Call of Duty 4 when all of sudden I got signed out of Xbox Live. Well I just thought no big deal, I'll just sign back in. Well it isn't that easy. I can't sign into Xbox Live and I can't sign in to xbox.com which has me thinking I'm banned. Which is a little weird seeing as how nothing in my motto, bio, or GT is offensive or rude.

It's not my Internet Connection or Router as I'm on the Internet on my computer. So that's the only logical reason I can think of is that I'm banned. But I have no idea what for?

Also, I don't say anything rude or offensive online either. You can ask Sanction, Fro, Cru, and all of them as I played with them yesterday in Call of Duty 4 and I hardly said a word. I'm real quiet on Xbox Live. So I have no idea why I have been banned.

I'm gonna call Xbox Support tomorrow and see what is going on.

A Satyr
08-29-2008, 05:30 AM
Well you weren't banned because it would've said you were, and your shit doesnt say Code of conduct in it...
Live must be down there or something try rebooting...

Jdm
08-29-2008, 05:33 AM
Well you weren't banned because it would've said you were, and your shit doesnt say Code of conduct in it...

Yeah, I don't think you're Banned either.

If you say it's not your internet connection, then I have no clue what else it could be. Did you test your connection through the 360?

_DaNnY_
Do a connection test with your XBOX 360.

Your not banned as it directly tells you with a message that your banned from LIVE if Microsoft has banned you.

Sounds like something screwed with your xbox connection, try the connection test and with whatever error your given on the tests go from there!

Bishop24

I've rebooted twice and it's not working. I though I might have gotten banned because around 12:00 my time is when I got disconnected.

Yeah, I don't think you're Banned either.

If you say it's not your internet connection, then I have no clue what else it could be.

When I go to test my connection, everything passes until I get to Xbox Live. Once I get to Xbox Live, it says failed and I can't sign in on Xbox.com.

A Satyr
08-29-2008, 05:35 AM
I've rebooted twice and it's not working. I though I might have gotten banned because around 12:00 my time is when I got disconnected.

When I go to test my connection, everything passes until I get to Xbox Live. Once I get to Xbox Live, it says failed and I can't sign in on Xbox.com.
Well then you have a big problem... Call them and find out

Parkerktm
08-29-2008, 05:35 AM
Why in the world would you call xbox, those people are the biggest dumbasses ever as we al already know, lol.

Hope it all gets sorted out!

wcgalo
08-29-2008, 05:36 AM

So if it says "Code Of Conduct" in someone's profile that means that they are banned or have been banned?

I've seen that a few times in some profiles.

but anyways, yea, you aren't banned. You definently would have been notified if you were banned. My friend has been banned like 2 times, i think.

A Satyr
08-29-2008, 05:36 AM
Why in the world would you call xbox, those people are the biggest dumbasses ever as we al already know, lol.

Hope it all gets sorted out!
True but the least they can do is check to see if you've been banned im pretty sure...

A Satyr
08-29-2008, 05:37 AM
So if it says "Code Of Conduct" in someone's profile that means that they are banned or have been banned?

Only if you were banned for offensive words in motto etc.

zzjj
08-29-2008, 05:38 AM
hope you get all of this sorted out

Bishop24
08-29-2008, 05:38 AM
Everybody I just signed back in to Live. Thank heavens. After 30 minutes, I just hit "Connect to Xbox Live" and boom I connected. Man I was worried.

Thanks to everybody for their quick replies. Sorry I wasted all of your time.

Jdm, you know what to do man. Lock it up. :locked

_DaNnY_
08-29-2008, 05:39 AM
Could be your ISPs DNS or local cache server (if they use them) screwing up. If the IP addresses for the xbox.com servers got screwed up somehow on your ISPS DNS then you wouldn't be able to access any IP associated with XBOX services so try using an alternate DNS like OPENDNS (for web browsing) to see if that allows you to connect to XBOX.com.

If that doesn't work then I'm out of ideas :(

Jdm
08-29-2008, 05:43 AM
Everybody I just signed back in to Live. Thank heavens. After 30 minutes, I just hit "Connect to Xbox Live" and boom I connected. Man I was worried.

Thanks to everybody for their quick replies. Sorry I wasted all of your time.

Jdm, you know what to do man. Lock it up. :locked

Glad it's back up for you.:)