PDA

View Full Version : Question about MSP

edd__
08-29-2008, 08:45 PM
Right, the other day i made a US live account to get some of the free gamerpics and see what other free goodies that i could find. And since then, it's struck me that Microsoft Points are cheaper on that side of the pond.

According to wikipedia/maths, in the US, it's $1.25 per 100 points, whereas in the UK it's the equivelant of $1.68 (85p). So therefore, it my eyes, it'd make sense to buy MSP on my US account to download stuff, saving myself money (i know it doesn't sound like much, but to someone it my position, it matters).

But i'm wondering if that'd work? If i buy things on a US account will they work on my UK account? Bare in mind that i'm always connected to Live, and that i'd probably use it for Arcade games and songs for Rock Band.

any help appreciated

Figgsy91
08-29-2008, 08:54 PM
Tes. It should work. There's no region locks is there, my Aegis Wing and Halo 3 Heroic maps I downloaded on my American Account work fine on my UK one.

Crimson Ridley
08-29-2008, 08:55 PM
I've heard that they are Region Locked, so only MSP's bought from Europe will work for your UK Account and vice versa. Then again, I'd wait for a few more replies before you take my post as fact.

But I know you could download from the USA Account and use them on your UK Account.

edd__
08-29-2008, 08:59 PM
Yeah i mean that, buying both the MSP and the items with my US, but using the items on the UK account.

vI Starlight Iv
08-29-2008, 09:42 PM
u will have to buy with a card as codes from uk wont work on us marketplace and some content is regoin locked i think so you may have to check before hand but i have braid soul calibur and fable pub games from us and they work fine

JC
08-29-2008, 11:19 PM
What you want to do will work. :) I bought Live Draft Tracker on my US account and played it on my UK account.

Though, don't change consoles, as XBLA games on your UK account, that you bought on the US one, will turn to trials...

SkillfulMmd
08-29-2008, 11:23 PM
my parent's went to america a couple of year's ago and got me some points and i used on my UK account and they worked but when they went like a year ago they didn't anything changed?

mocca90
08-29-2008, 11:49 PM
I got a little question too, but I think that's not recommended to make new thread for that - I know games from US account works on Europe one (I did it with Aegis Wing), but DLC like new stadiums to FIFA Street 3 will also work like that on both accounts? I'm not sure about that so could u tell me? :)

vI Starlight Iv
08-30-2008, 12:23 AM
i beleive so yes mate i think the fifa street stadiums do