PDA

View Full Version : Wireless headset question..

True I Skill
08-29-2008, 10:31 PM
I got the wireless headset today.. Its just finished charging about 10mins ago, And Ive tested it out.. it works, But.. arround maybe every 1 min, it makes 1 single beep sound, ive checked the booklet and it says it makes 2beeps every now and again when the battery low.. Is it supposed to be beeping every now and again?

Tym
08-29-2008, 10:48 PM
Which wireless headset? I purchased the Turtle Beach X4 a few weeks ago and I'm pretty happy with it.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41AyQoPIPXL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
The only issue I've been having is that when games get quiet, it hisses quite a bit.

A Polish Panda
08-29-2008, 11:33 PM
I think he's talking about the Xbox 360 headset...

http://www.play-gadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/microsoft-xbox-360-wireless-headset.JPG

Mine does not beep unless it is clicked to mute it or the battery is low, I'm not sure why yours would beep every minute.

SkillfulMmd
08-29-2008, 11:46 PM
ok i know this one :)

if you are not speaking or no noise is detected the mic will bleep to let you know that it's still on to stop you from killing the battery life.

True I Skill
08-30-2008, 01:11 AM
Ohh Yeah i get it now, Thanks guys, i was talking about the Normal microsoft Headset, I Normaly keep my headset Off while i talk to my brother while i play, Hm i guess i should turn it off if im going to leave it on mute most of the time.

Kolin32k
08-30-2008, 02:10 AM
True, I noticed you're from england *points to his Location and smiles* Where did you get your headset mate? and how much did you pay? Thinking of getting on myself for the Fable/Fallout sort of time and was wondering if I can get the official one for less then 35 quid

Ashz0r
08-30-2008, 02:45 AM
if you don't talk for a long while it goes into a sort of standby mode.. and beeps accasionaly to tell you its in that mode.. just press the button and the beep will go away.

SkillfulMmd
08-30-2008, 10:30 AM
if you don't talk for a long while it goes into a sort of standby mode.. and beeps accasionaly to tell you its in that mode.. just press the button and the beep will go away.

lol that's what i said

Gm Godfather
08-30-2008, 10:38 AM
True, I noticed you're from england *points to his Location and smiles* Where did you get your headset mate? and how much did you pay? Thinking of getting on myself for the Fable/Fallout sort of time and was wondering if I can get the official one for less then 35 quid

Under 30.00 Quid here: Amazon.co.uk: Xbox 360 Wireless Headset (Xbox 360): PC & Video Games

Kolin32k
08-30-2008, 12:08 PM
Cheers Gm Godfather, Anyone else know any good sources for slightly cheaper Wireless Xbox Headsets?

SkillfulMmd
08-30-2008, 12:42 PM
ive looked around and apart from ebay amazon is the cheapest.

True I Skill
08-30-2008, 01:55 PM
Cheers Gm Godfather, Anyone else know any good sources for slightly cheaper Wireless Xbox Headsets?

I got it for 25pound.. but you need to buy another item..
If you Live in London, Go to the westend, that big market place, theres a bunch of shops down there, ive forgot which one it was. probably a game but that was the only shop down there that had them, They have a deal on, where if you buy a wireless headset and somthing else from the shop, you can get the wireless headset for 25pound,

Sorry i dont know much about the location of the shop.

08-30-2008, 09:38 PM
The only time my headset beeps is when i have it on Mute or it's starting to die.

Tym
08-30-2008, 11:12 PM
I think he's talking about the Xbox 360 headset...

Oh, my bad. Yeah, my old roommate had that thing and complained about the beeping when it went into standby. Hope your issue is resolved, True!

True I Skill
08-30-2008, 11:27 PM
Oh, my bad. Yeah, my old roommate had that thing and complained about the beeping when it went into standby. Hope your issue is resolved, True!

Yeah it is.. Thanks guys, Hm i think they should of added a settings option for this mic and u could choose if it beeps or not :(

Keano
08-30-2008, 11:47 PM
I wouldn't really advise anyone to get the wireless headset. I know the wired one breaks frequently but it's a lot more comfortable and it comes without the hassle of charging it. Also, the battery of my headset seems to run out at the most inconveniant times such as clan matches.

xENVxGAMERSKREW
08-31-2008, 05:32 PM
I wouldn't really advise anyone to get the wireless headset. I know the wired one breaks frequently but it's a lot more comfortable and it comes without the hassle of charging it. Also, the battery of my headset seems to run out at the most inconveniant times such as clan matches. Not really i have my old wired headsets in case i need to recharge my headset, but if im not playing with friends I just turn it off, why have it on if your not using it?