PDA

View Full Version : game is cancelled :(

deej brutal
08-29-2008, 11:12 PM
today when i was at work (im a manager at a gamestop) we received an email saying that activision blizzard decided not to publish it, so anyone who reserved it was going to get a call either yesterday or today saying the same thing, and to either go get their money back for the reservation or switch it to something else.

major bummer, as i was looking forward to playing this game. :uzi:

Kolin32k
08-30-2008, 02:45 AM
*clears throat, sits down and waits to see how many flame the lie or cry at the unseen truth, puts his stock on the former*

Figgsy91
08-30-2008, 02:51 AM
That's annoying. Had this on preorder from Play.com. Jeesh. = [

Jiga.Puzzle.5
08-30-2008, 03:32 AM
*Sits in room locks door plays Im All Out of Love,takes pain pills and a swig of wine*
This f**king blows so much ass.

Randomnutta
08-30-2008, 03:37 AM
Bugga I was looking forward to this game aswell :(

master1113111
08-30-2008, 04:46 AM
Damn that sucks. It looked like it was about all finished at E3. I was really looking forward to it!!!

ThrawnOmega
08-30-2008, 04:53 AM
Why the hell would they not publish it? Can the developer find a different publisher or does Activision own the rights? I haven't been paying very close attention to this one, other than it's Ghostbusters and looked sweet.

Kioku
08-30-2008, 05:33 AM
*cries* Sierra was to one that got the rights to make it and I thought Activition bought out Sierra? Well, because they cancelled it they just lost alot of money for this. The game was finished and the only thing that they was deciding was how to package the game. I almost cried when the person up at gamestop showed me the e-mail the was sent out. I think its up to Sony now since they own every right to it.

wild dog
08-30-2008, 04:20 PM
God, if people would just read the internet news you would all clearly see that IT IS NOT CANCELLED ! it has just been put back till 2009 cos they now need a publisher to release it. I made a thread about this the other day saying that Sony might become the new publisher and it would become a PS3 exclusive.

Shops have been told its cancelled till further notice NOT FULLY CANCELLED ! Shops cant have a game on for preorder when the makers dont even know when its out/ if its out.

Kioku
08-30-2008, 08:01 PM
I stopped reading internet news when I saw alot of false information. I believe in game stores that actually know what is going on GameInformer, OXM, and words from the mouth of god(the game companies) but all I can do is hope that they are true about it being released on the 25th aniversary.

wild dog
08-30-2008, 09:33 PM
^^^ Believe me game stores are the last people to find out about stuff and half of the people that work for games stores dont even have a clue about games (no offence to anybody). I remember one time we got an email saying that a certain game was cancelled (cant remember the game it was a few years ago) and then we got it in stock ??? lol customers were pissed.

MartiniKiss
08-31-2008, 02:55 AM
well hopefully it comes out...i love gb and it looks like it will be a great game
worth the wait!

master1113111
08-31-2008, 07:32 AM
Delayed I don't mind. There are tons of games I want to play coming out soon!

ShaunMichael80
08-31-2008, 07:43 AM
i dpoubt this is true, i was at eb today and they said its due out this 4th quarter sometime

JJBDude
08-31-2008, 10:37 AM
God, if people would just read the internet news you would all clearly see that IT IS NOT CANCELLED ! it has just been put back till 2009 cos they now need a publisher to release it. I made a thread about this the other day saying that Sony might become the new publisher and it would become a PS3 exclusive.

Shops have been told its cancelled till further notice NOT FULLY CANCELLED ! Shops cant have a game on for preorder when the makers dont even know when its out/ if its out.

Cheers for clearing that up lol.

Would be nice to see the game finally come out, all the news of cancelling ect. must be hard for fans. I do wish for it to come out on the 360, could be easy gamerscore. :p

MartiniKiss
08-31-2008, 07:15 PM
Cheers for clearing that up lol.

Would be nice to see the game finally come out, all the news of cancelling ect. must be hard for fans. I do wish for it to come out on the 360, could be easy gamerscore. :p

are achievements really all people care about anymore? haha

Kioku
09-01-2008, 03:45 AM
1) The gamestop I go to have two idiots working there and one person who is a true fan of games and knows what they are talking about and hasn't been wrong yet.

2) Some are achievement whores, some are not, and some are in between. If I want to play the game I'll play but would like to get the achievements with it as I'm playing.

touchmynoodle55
09-02-2008, 02:39 AM
I just found out there was oging to be one by seeing this thread

chiefgonebad
09-05-2008, 08:41 PM
NO! how could they cancel it! this was going to be an amazing game(how can ghostbusters not be amazing?). this was up there with games like gears of war 2 and fallout 3 on my list. i cant believe it...*begins to cry*

Capt Beau
09-06-2008, 03:47 AM
It's like the game 'Highlander' they are in limbo. Who knows when or even IF they will be produced. Personally I got My money back and when it is announced that they are going to acctually do something i will reserve them again.

They could be this way for a LONG time....or it could be that they are just in "finished game" limbo for a short while.

Hoping for the later....

Kioku
09-06-2008, 08:26 PM
It's like the game 'Highlander' they are in limbo. Who knows when or even IF they will be produced. Personally I got My money back and when it is announced that they are going to acctually do something i will reserve them again.

They could be this way for a LONG time....or it could be that they are just in "finished game" limbo for a short while.

Hoping for the later....
I too had Highlander preordered. It seems like someone hates the 80's so thats why they are cancelled for not. Highlander was my #2 of top games I'm looking forward too and Ghostbusters was #1. Its really depressing this is happening.

SC Defective
09-07-2008, 07:04 AM
They better fucking release this game...

n1n3t33nd3lta
10-15-2008, 09:31 AM
When I got the call from Gamestop, I took my 20 dollars off of it and put it on Gears 2. I guess I'll just pre-order it again around january or so. Also, I think it's cool how Ackroyd and Ramis wrote the storyline just like they did the movies.

Norman Coxwell
10-18-2008, 01:05 PM
It doesn't really make sense to cancel a game that had so much money put into it and was in production for like 3 years. I mean that would actually cause them to lose money. I don't really understand the motive about doing this. I mean it's not like every 360 owner that saw the movie won't get this game.

kizwiz
10-25-2008, 10:54 PM
So this game is definately coming out then? Has it got a new developer or what? Can't say this is on the top of my list when there are so many great games in October/November but I'd probably buy it cheap in spring or something

sprig2005
10-30-2008, 11:33 PM
So this game is definately coming out then? Has it got a new developer or what? Can't say this is on the top of my list when there are so many great games in October/November but I'd probably buy it cheap in spring or something

I've heard Atari has bought the rights to publish the game but im not sure if thats official

eviltb
10-31-2008, 02:13 AM
Yup Atari should have it ready for distro soon.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=26636215&om_act=convert&om_clk=newsfeatures&tag=newsfeatures;title;1

master_shake_350
11-04-2008, 11:45 AM
Delayed I don't mind. There are tons of games I want to play coming out soon!

Delayed? and not canceled? This is interesting!

At least it could be still coming!

DreadfulCorpse
11-13-2008, 01:02 AM
i hope they don't cancel this, really looking forward to it.

Purge
11-15-2008, 02:07 PM
I didnt want it, so im not that bothered.

Khaos
11-15-2008, 03:07 PM
Wow, old threads with old info.

Yeah, when the Activision Blizzard merger happened they wanted to cancel Ghostbusters, but Terminal retained the developer rights, so it's still being made, they just don't have a publisher. So in short, the game exists, just no ones fronting the money to burn the discs and ship them out.

It's still a few months away from being finished developing, so a publisher isn't needed right now, as there's enough underground word of mouth advertising for the game, plus it was in last month's Game Informer.

Gun-Nut
11-15-2008, 03:13 PM
I'm pretty sure Atari have picked this up now :)

kentarulez
11-15-2008, 04:04 PM
I didnt want it, so im not that bothered.
Why post in the thread if you're not bothered and don't want it?

Back on topic, this may be interesting, but I#'m not the biggest fan of Ghostbusters....may give it a go though.

Purge
12-05-2008, 11:23 PM

Back on topic, this may be interesting, but I#'m not the biggest fan of Ghostbusters....may give it a go though.

mm, your post had so much meaning to it. It was so much better than mines.
'I may give it a go though.'

YouTube - Ghostbusters - Trailer (HD)

Thats the trailer that got released on December 3rd.

drakehellsing
12-19-2008, 05:04 AM
Man, can not wait for this game, been waiting for it for a while now, just so I can get the chance to play it. I mean, always wanted a chance to go and actually capture ghosts and all that sort of jazz.

Bruk
12-30-2008, 12:24 PM
Hell yeah, I really want this game to come out. If it doesn't, then I = :(

Slow2die
12-30-2008, 01:01 PM

Haha, this post made me laugh.

I enjoyed the film and love the theme, and a game sounds really interesting. Look forward to seeing it hit the shelves in the stores, so I can buy it online and not from a store shelf :P

MATTY MFC
01-03-2009, 10:26 PM
I hope this comes out..
it would be a good laughh :)

Filter x360a
01-07-2009, 05:47 AM
I don't know about the US or the UK, but here in Canada we have a store called Futureshop (which is owned by Bestbuy) and I was told from a friend working there that the game is going to be released on June 30th, 09. not sure on how reliable this is, so I checked their website and it is listed as released that same day. Here's the link:

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/subclass.asp?catid=23356&mfr=&logon=&langid=EN&sort=0&page=2

It's not writen in stone, but it looks better than cancelled.

FX.

Also, the end of the new trailer in the above post says June 09, so I think there is a good chance we'll see it then. *fingers crossed*

martdude16
01-11-2009, 12:29 PM
That trailer looked really good, better than I expected.

Mana Fiend
01-17-2009, 07:30 PM
So long summer holiday. Oh well, I'd rather be busting some ghosts. :)
So glad they got the original voice cast in (except Rick, whos films I love, alongside Bill Murray, but I suppose they could just write his part out :(). gonna pre-roder this as soon as I can.

nic0dem
02-03-2009, 12:52 AM
its not canceled lol
but its gonna be awesome because ghostbusters are awesome
and i wonder how the PG rating is gonna work, i like gore =(

CM Matty
02-12-2009, 09:34 AM
and i wonder how the PG rating is gonna work, i like gore =(

why would there be gore in a ghostbusters game?

DestroyThineslf
02-12-2009, 11:04 AM
*Sits in room locks door plays Im All Out of Love,takes pain pills and a swig of wine*
This f**king blows so much ass.

LOL, that was hilarious! I got a clear mental picture and everything.

But yeah, it does suck.

GreaseMonkeyGB
02-13-2009, 10:07 PM
NoooooOOOOOooo

harry32
02-13-2009, 10:09 PM
big dissappointment, was really looking forward to this game :(

GreaseMonkeyGB
02-15-2009, 03:04 PM
awwwww nuts :(

Filter x360a
02-23-2009, 05:45 PM
Could a mod please lock this one up, it is not correct and giving people the wrong information, as you can see by te last few posts.

Thank you

FX.

Apocalyptoo
02-23-2009, 05:47 PM
if it would be canceled my life would have no sence anymore
eccept drinking:drunk

Ungodly
02-25-2009, 02:02 PM
games totally cancelled atm no info on if someone else is picking it up anywhere, but as of now totally cancelled

Elektrohazard
03-02-2009, 03:20 AM
Yeah, I just went into gamestop and heard about this as well. As far as I know it's true.

WhitePaladin85
03-02-2009, 03:44 AM
aww gutted really hope they havent canceled it was well looking forward to gettin it :mad:

meh will have to find summat else then :p

The Globalizer
03-15-2009, 02:37 PM
Most retarded thread ever. I just read the whole thing. LOLtastic.

Marvolo
03-22-2009, 06:47 AM
I've just watched the trailer, and to be true: This game will be fantastic, I loved the movie and the cartoon series as well AND one of the best things about The Ghostbusters is the song by Ray Parker jr.

ApochWeiss
04-22-2009, 10:21 AM
Could a mod please lock this one up, it is not correct and giving people the wrong information, as you can see by te last few posts.

Thank you

FX.

In the OP's defense, the game WAS dropped. The developers had to find another publisher for it. So the thread is somewhat accurate. As far as the calls about refunds go, I don't know, didn't pre-order yet. But I knew it would come out, just never knew exactly when until lately.

Ashkihyena
04-28-2009, 04:59 AM
In the OP's defense, the game WAS dropped. The developers had to find another publisher for it. So the thread is somewhat accurate. As far as the calls about refunds go, I don't know, didn't pre-order yet. But I knew it would come out, just never knew exactly when until lately.

Its not true anymore though as Atari has done picked it up and its now set for a June 16-17th release, and its going to be all shades of awesome.

harry
05-07-2009, 07:28 PM
:uzi::eek:
i dnt understand...where is it being delayed then cos on the game website it says its comin out in june
????wtf????

Filter x360a
05-10-2009, 10:38 PM
in June for sure...game is not canceled, or delayed as of.....right...now!

FX.

TBBucs20x
05-31-2009, 09:04 PM
Yea from what I now the game is coming out in June since it was picked up by Atari. So people need to stop freaking out cause it will be out next month. I for one am really looking forward to this, right now its my most anticipated game of the summer!

BTW I aint afraid of no ghosts!

CcAaRrSsOoNn3
06-01-2009, 06:58 PM
Yea from what I now the game is coming out in June since it was picked up by Atari. So people need to stop freaking out cause it will be out next month. I for one am really looking forward to this, right now its my most anticipated game of the summer!

BTW I aint afraid of no ghosts!

I am with you. I loved this show and movies as a child. Had the toys to go along with it.

When TMNT came out I was just as stoked. But was very disappointed in the game.

Hopefully this one happens to come out on time [15 days from now!] and is a good one!