PDA

View Full Version : More new songs for this week? And big announcement from Rockband tommorrow

ViperxSniper
08-29-2008, 11:47 PM
Ok, I know the Locksley 3-Pack was the replacement for Rush Moving Pictures (which is a pretty crappy substitute). But I saw on X-Box Live that there are 2 additional 3-Pack that can be downloaded today:

PAX 3-Pack

The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets -"Shh.."
Johnathon Coulton - "Skullcrusher Moutain"
MC Frontalot - "Livin' at the Corner of Dude and Catastrophe"
Offspring 3-Pack

Self Esteem
Pretty Fly
Gone Away
However, when I checked the Marketplace, only the Locksley pack is there. I checked the Rockband Forums and the only thing they said was that there is a big announcement at the PAX's Panel Tommorrow. Anybody know if these are these two supposed to be next weeks content (with the PAX pack being part of the announcement)?

SebastianSB
08-30-2008, 12:27 AM
J.Coulton?! Please be true! I would have preferred Code Monkey, though.

Dex
08-30-2008, 04:43 AM
Hmm... looks like XBL posted this info a little premature. I think those are next weeks DLC... and if I were a betting man, I'd bet those PAX songs will all be free.

Also, I'm pretty sure I want all 3 of those Offspring songs.

L1E
08-30-2008, 07:17 AM
The PAX pack is confirmed.
http://www.rockband.com/news/pr/416447

Release date:
Tuesday, September 2, 2008 (Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360)
Thursday, September 4, 2008 (PLAYSTATION®Store)

Tracks:
Jonathan Coulton “Skullcrusher Mountain”
MC Frontalot “Livin’ on the Corner of Dude and Catastrophe”
Darkest of the Hillside Thickets “Shhh….”

Price:
$2.99 (240 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for 3 pack

brak4222
08-30-2008, 10:15 AM
How bout this for the 20 free DLC:

1. Honest Bob - Tatooine
2. Against Me! - Stop!
3. Static-X - Push It
4. George Thorogood - Bad to the Bone
5. Blink 182 - Dammit
6. Free - All Right Now
7. Dead Kennedys - Holiday in Cambodia
8. Hot Hot Heat - Bandages
9. Bad Religion - Suffer
10. Turbonegro - All My Friends Are Dead
11. The Haunted - Shadow World
12. Pennywise - The Western World
13. Rancid - Fall Back Down
14. Sublime - Santeria
15. Taking Back Sunday - What's It Feel Like To Be A Ghost
16. The Breeders - Cannonball
17. Sepultura - Refuse/Resist
18. Queens of the Stone Age - No One Knows
19. The Killers - Somebody Told Me
20. Harvey Danger - Cream and Bastards Rise

Its not confirmed until tomorrow, so its only a rumor right now...

edd__
08-30-2008, 11:30 AM
Yeah! That Frontalot track has been rumoured for a while, a definite buy for me, sounds awesome.

TwistedFate
08-30-2008, 11:34 AM
How bout this for the 20 free DLC:

... [snip]...

Its not confirmed until tomorrow, so its only a rumor right now...

Note that this is the rumored list of 20 bonus songs for RB2. It hasn't been mentioned if they will be available for RB1 owners yet. The way they did the Euro "exclusives" I'd be willing to bet they are available for purchase for RB1 owners and free for RB2 owners, though.

ViperxSniper
08-30-2008, 05:02 PM
The PAX pack is confirmed.
http://www.rockband.com/news/pr/416447

Release date:
Tuesday, September 2, 2008 (Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360)
Thursday, September 4, 2008 (PLAYSTATION®Store)

Tracks:
Jonathan Coulton “Skullcrusher Mountain”
MC Frontalot “Livin’ on the Corner of Dude and Catastrophe”
Darkest of the Hillside Thickets “Shhh….”

Price:
$2.99 (240 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for 3 pack

So this is the big suprise announcement for Rock Band? Wow, I was kinda expecting something a little bigger such as the list of the 20 free songs for Rock Band 2 or something else besides a new track pack.

silentbob0
08-31-2008, 02:38 AM
I've heard that the rumoured Offspring pack is not happening this week and it was an error that caused it to show up on the xbox dashboard.

animeaddict42
08-31-2008, 04:25 AM
The big announcement ending up being the Steel Bladder achievement and PAX pack, which was already leaked. Note about the official RB forums to all those that don't go there... it's turned into a hellhole of whining about a couple of mistakes on Harmonix's part, one of which is that this announcement wasn't "big" enough... *sigh*. I love how loyal and patient some of the RB fanbase is.

brak4222
08-31-2008, 06:39 AM
This whole week of communication from HMX was pretty piss poor and quite a letdown...

ComanderHalfjaw
09-01-2008, 02:09 AM
This whole week of communication from HMX was pretty piss poor and quite a letdown...

Cut them some slack, they are probably the best company loyal to their fans look at the other games...1 week there is a mistake or two and everyone goes haywire?

animeaddict42
09-01-2008, 02:52 AM
Half of the people who patrol the site and make the announcements are showing off RB2 at PAX... And don't forget to mention that EVERY other week has been amazing, give them a break.

nightmare975
09-01-2008, 04:52 PM
I've been unable to download the Locksley Pack, it has yet to show up on my game.

SebastianSB
09-01-2008, 05:12 PM
I've been unable to download the Locksley Pack, it has yet to show up on my game.

check the new downloads part of the XBL marketplace

Dla911
09-02-2008, 10:16 AM
PAX 3-Pack

The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets -"Shh.."
Johnathon Coulton - "Skullcrusher Moutain"
MC Frontalot - "Livin' at the Corner of Dude and Catastrophe"
Cappy Songs, what i think
only got one, looked alright on the drums that was about it, the rest looked like Crap when i seen them played

laundryman
09-04-2008, 10:55 PM
I really want this Offspring Pack :(

Also, I've never heard of PAX 3. Any good?

Matrarch
09-04-2008, 11:06 PM
Maybe we can get that Offspring pack next week? That would rock. :)

As for the PAX pack. I found it pretty meh. I didn't like the MC Frontalot song at all. The other two were ok.

I've definitely felt worse about DLC purchases *cough*roadrunnerpack*cough* and the money does go to charity this time around, so I suppose you could do worse. *shrug*

JMills109
09-04-2008, 11:28 PM
I actually really like the MC Frontalot on Drums, the guitar is a different story but w/e. Skullcrusher Mtn. is pretty laid back and enjoyable IMO so for those 2 songs its been worth it to me.

Offspring would be awesome (Smash was the first CD I ever bought way back in the day...)

edd__
09-04-2008, 11:31 PM
I love the drums on the MC Frontalot track. Probably my favourite track to drum too. Love the Beck-esque chorus too

Matrarch
09-04-2008, 11:43 PM
I probably should've clarified that I've only played the tracks on guitar, so my opinions stem from that. I just didn't find the MC Frontalot track fun on guitar. Very repetitive if I recall correctly.

I'll have to try it on drums now, though. :)

DevilGuy
09-04-2008, 11:50 PM
J.Coulton?! Please be true! I would have preferred Code Monkey, though.

Wow. Code Monkey on Rockband would be SO AMAZING!

I'll be getting pretty fly too, lol. I'd love to sing that.