PDA

View Full Version : I went and checked out hmxsean's Twitter and...

misco1
08-30-2008, 11:45 PM
I think they are adding a new achievement. You most likely know as much as I know about this (I know nothing but what is typed on the top of his Twitter), but if it's a new achievemnt, I can roll with that!

http://twitter.com/HarmonixSean

nightmare975
08-30-2008, 11:53 PM
Steel Bladder? I wonder what this is...

misco1
08-31-2008, 12:00 AM
It says achievement so I'm hoping it IS an achievement. It might have to do with the Child's Play donation stuff so more people buy just the songs because maybe the achievemnt goes with the songs. I don't know though.

TwistedFate
08-31-2008, 12:22 AM
It says achievement so I'm hoping it IS an achievement. It might have to do with the Child's Play donation stuff so more people buy just the songs because maybe the achievemnt goes with the songs. I don't know though.

It's one of the RB2 Secret Achievements.

misco1
08-31-2008, 12:29 AM
It's one of the RB2 Secret Achievements.

Oh thanks TwistedFate. Do you know what you have to do to get it?

TwistedFate
08-31-2008, 01:19 AM
Oh thanks TwistedFate. Do you know what you have to do to get it?

According to a post in the RB2 forums it was announced at the Harmonix Panel at PAX: Complete Endless setlist without pausing or failing.

misco1
08-31-2008, 01:22 AM
No pausing?!?! Wow I thought I would have 100% achievemnts in RB2 but I guess not. Then again, I could just do it all on single player BWT, so I guess if I stock up on food and drinks, I'll be fine.

TooMuchCowbell
08-31-2008, 01:40 AM
That's ridiculous, HMX is too nice to put an achievement in like that:p
The Endless Setlist this time around takes about 10 hrs to do, no failing could be done, but no pausing? No way. But is there a difficulty specified? Still, no pausing...wow

Dla911
08-31-2008, 01:49 AM
According to a post in the RB2 forums it was announced at the Harmonix Panel at PAX: Complete Endless setlist without pausing or failing.

if ture me liky

SebastianSB
08-31-2008, 02:10 AM
unless they added some breaks into the setlist somehow I'd really like to think this is a false rumor...

silentbob0
08-31-2008, 02:36 AM
That is stupid if true - what if you pressed pause by mistake?

SebastianSB
08-31-2008, 02:39 AM
That is stupid if true - what if you pressed pause by mistake?

More importantly, what if you have a life? Ten hours of Rock Band straight...I honestly can't say I'd feel good about myself if I managed that.

misco1
08-31-2008, 03:56 AM
How didn't I think of this before? All you have to do is press the XBOX button and the game pauses, but no pause screen pops up. Sometime I just press the XBOX button to pause and it works just the same as the pause button.

nightmare975
08-31-2008, 04:11 AM
How didn't I think of this before? All you have to do is press the XBOX button and the game pauses, but no pause screen pops up. Sometime I just press the XBOX button to pause and it works just the same as the pause button.

I wonder if it will catch that. :/

TooMuchCowbell
08-31-2008, 04:14 AM
That was my first thought, but the game still pauses, so I'm pretty sure it will count. And as said before, I don't think I have time for 10 hours straight. What if somebody comes to the door? Or the power goes out. What if your instrument get disconnected? That pauses the game.

TwistedFate
08-31-2008, 04:20 AM

It won't work. The Guide button pauses the game by calling the game's pause function. It doesn't pull up the menu, but it does pause the game.

animeaddict42
08-31-2008, 04:23 AM
Well, remove the no pausing rule and that gives the nice balance I would like (950 or so for the really good player, 1000 for the elites).

TooMuchCowbell
08-31-2008, 04:29 AM
It's confirmed. No pausing or failing, the whole 10 hour endless setlist.

Here's a link for anyone that wants to cry:

http://www.destructoid.com/pax-08-ha...s-101806.phtml (http://www.destructoid.com/pax-08-harmonix-panel-reveals-two-rock-band-related-announcements-101806.phtml)

SebastianSB
08-31-2008, 04:30 AM
Well, remove the no pausing rule and that gives the nice balance I would like (950 or so for the really good player, 1000 for the elites).

...except being able to play a game for 10 hours nonstop has nothing to do with skill.

TooMuchCowbell
08-31-2008, 04:35 AM
Not failing does take skill, but they didn't say anything about a difficulty. But 10 hours of easy songs? That would kill me.

animeaddict42
08-31-2008, 05:16 AM
...except being able to play a game for 10 hours nonstop has nothing to do with skill.
Ok, let me reword that... 1000 for the extremely addicted/determined... I would say there's a little bit of skill to have the energy and ability to play the likes of Everlong and Panic Attack, etc. for 10 hours straight.

brak4222
08-31-2008, 06:31 AM
This will be tough for me as I have a newborn and have to tend to him every couple of hours......might have to hire a babysitter...

SlinksNine
08-31-2008, 06:51 AM
I'll probably attempt this, but not succeed.

Not failing does take skill, but they didn't say anything about a difficulty. But 10 hours of easy songs? That would kill me.

I wonder if disconnecting the instruments will count? That'd be a pretty easy fix.

Dex
08-31-2008, 07:04 AM
I could easily do the endless set list on Medium/Hard without needing a break. I've just never attempted it (dual-wielding, by myself) because the achievement point totals for Medium/Hard aren't really worth it to me...

Considering its RB2, I won't need a friend in my living room to attempt this achievement, which makes it actually possible... as opposed to RB2, where none of my friends would want to play for 4 hours straight, let alone 8+. I have a feeling that at least 1-3 of my fellow x360a RB buddies will want to attempt this at some point.

I wonder if disconnecting the instruments will count? That'd be a pretty easy fix.
Disconnecting an instrument pauses the game (as well as pressing the xbox guide button). I'm 99.99% sure you can't "trick" this achievement.

Lucent Beam
08-31-2008, 07:24 AM
Wow, that achievement is a pile of shit.
I'm disappointed.

TwistedFate
08-31-2008, 12:02 PM
Here is how to beat this without too much trouble:
No difficulty is mentioned, so play on Medium or Hard. Play vocals and bass with a friend. That's it just vocals and bass. Then you can switch between seperate parts and dual wielding on the fly if someone needs a break.

Better use wired controllers, just in case.

JLogan27
08-31-2008, 04:10 PM
Do you need two people (two instruments, that is)? I didn't see that stated anywhere. That, along with no difficulty requirements, wouldn't make it too bad.

ILoveAztecChick
08-31-2008, 10:27 PM
IMO, this is the way the Endless Setlist achievement should be. The no failing might be arguable, but pausing should definitely not be allowed.

CriscoDisco878
09-01-2008, 12:30 AM
anyone have a song list of this "10 hour endless setlist?"

Xterm1n8or
09-01-2008, 12:51 AM
It seems ridiculous to me, in every single game manual it says take a 15 minute break every hour.

I know nobody does that really but surely they can't put that in the game manual and expect you to follow the advice then expect you to play 10 hours straight for an achievement. :eek:

It's a weird achievement, I'm stunned.

KFZ Scrubs
09-01-2008, 01:43 PM
Jesus... thats freakin insane. Well this is just absurd, they really want people to stick to their game with this achievment.
Sigh, will definitley not get this achievment and won't even try unlocking it. Well, if i could tape a mic to the speakers and have it play the words perfectly then thats one thing, but if that doesn't work then forget it.

JLogan27
09-01-2008, 02:31 PM
anyone have a song list of this "10 hour endless setlist?"

There are threads with the songs...a great list, imo.

nightmare975
09-01-2008, 04:51 PM
Considering its RB2, I won't need a friend in my living room to attempt this achievement, which makes it actually possible... as opposed to RB2, where none of my friends would want to play for 4 hours straight, let alone 8+. I have a feeling that at least 1-3 of my fellow x360a RB buddies will want to attempt this at some point.

I would not attempt this online, if someone disconnected, oh boy...:mad:

Tenacious
09-01-2008, 06:10 PM
Shit... this really separates the boys from the men

sharonoagain
09-01-2008, 07:19 PM
Don't forget the women. I'm already planning on doing this over our Christmas vacation.

:p

ViperxSniper
09-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Well, it looks like Peter Moore won't be able to get this achievement.

CriscoDisco878
09-02-2008, 03:35 AM
k well i looked for said list, and i could not find it, is there a link, because i find this to be unreal.

ThtPepsiNagger
09-02-2008, 07:49 AM
me and my friends are gonna do it twice. we are just gonna set it on hard for each instrument and get 8 people to do shit. 4 guitarist/bassist 2 singers and 2 drummers. do it twice so every gets the achievement and we will never have to pause the game while 4 play the other 4 relax

KFZ Scrubs
09-02-2008, 09:54 AM
i forgot who said... but if disconecting the instrument doesn't affect the achievment than we should def. try that.

sharonoagain
09-02-2008, 09:10 PM
A disconnect pauses the game ... I'm sure they have thought of that.

Until people get in and start getting the achievements, all of this is speculation at this point. I would hate for someone to get 8 hours in and think they can disco their controller and still get the achievement if its not true.

ILoveAztecChick
09-02-2008, 11:13 PM
Things to do before attempting this:

1) Stock up on red bulls.
2) Convince wife to leave me alone for 10 hours.
3) Eat.
4) Go to the bathroom.
5) Walk the dog.
6) Change batteries on all wireless controllers.
7) Turn off phones.

Did I miss anything?

sharonoagain
09-02-2008, 11:47 PM
Things to do before attempting this:

1) Stock up on red bulls.
2) Convince wife to leave me alone for 10 hours.
3) Eat.
4) Go to the bathroom.
5) Walk the dog.
6) Change batteries on all wireless controllers.
7) Turn off phones.

Did I miss anything?

8) Insert catheter.

:eek:

nightmare975
09-03-2008, 12:06 AM
8) Insert catheter.

:eek:

Bah! A real man just places a bucket in front him, and not wearing any pants helps as well.

Tym
09-03-2008, 12:18 AM
It seems ridiculous to me, in every single game manual it says take a 15 minute break every hour.

I know nobody does that really but surely they can't put that in the game manual and expect you to follow the advice then expect you to play 10 hours straight for an achievement. :eek:

It's a weird achievement, I'm stunned.

Hah. Harmonix is setting us up for seizures. They've already graced me with carpal tunnel syndrome. =P

TooMuchCowbell
09-03-2008, 12:34 AM
I think after you beat the endless setlist once, you will have the option to go through again and the pause button doesn't work and if you fail, you fail and the setlist stops, so if you beat the whole thing, you get the achievement. Maybe you will have the option to enable something like this from the start, so you don't have to go through it twice.

mietha CAG
09-03-2008, 05:18 AM
Bah! A real man just places a bucket in front him, and not wearing any pants helps as well.

lol. Truthfully though, that's the only way I could consider doing it by myself. No way in hell I can go 10 hours without going to the bathroom, probably 5 times or more. Easiest way of course is to have two people on one instrument and switch out every so often. Sure it's cheating, but it's a bullshit achievement, so I say it's fair.