PDA

View Full Version : I played this at PAX

artvandel4y
09-01-2008, 02:21 AM
It looks and feels incredibly good and with an incredible level of polish for it's size. But during my playthrough, I discovered an achievement. My buddy was wounded. I went to save him, but was out of syringes, so I was given the option of letting him die or shooting him myself. The camera looked away and I pulled the trigger. The achievement was 'Good Night Sweet Prince' for 40 points. The frag doll there told me I was a big jerk and my guy got shot, game over.
I learned many things at PAX, the frag dolls are bitches, farcry 2 is awesome, and that achievements can have shakesperean references.

DEG23
10-14-2008, 06:39 AM
i'm going to sound like a noob but can anyone tell me who or what a frag doll is, ive heard the term a few times now and am looking to increase my word knowledge

exo-apollo
10-14-2008, 07:50 AM
They are a bunch of girls that play videogames, hired by Ubisoft I think. Not too sure, wikipedia it, you will get a better answer. Actually why don't you just google things, thats what I do when I'm not sure of something. You will expand your word knowledge alot quicker and with more reliable information.

But yeah Far Cry 2 is looking so good, its second on my most anticipated list for the year. Shame it comes out same day as Fable 2, cus Fable is first on my list so Far Cry will have to come a little later.

DEG23
10-14-2008, 08:49 AM
thanks, believe it or not google never crossed my mind today. But i share your pain: FAR CRY 2 or FABLE 2? either way my social life will suffer a serious blow in the months to come.

Ninjamonkey6493
10-14-2008, 01:54 PM
I saved my money so i could afford to buy Fable 2, Far Cry 2 and GoW2.

I will be playing Far Cry first so if you guys get it send me a friend request and we can play online. Woot!:uzi::uzi:

Fearless War
10-15-2008, 12:19 AM
My boss received a copy of this game early and he is letting me play the game is fun they did an amazing job on the fire in the game it spreads realistically which was very surprising so far I would give it a 7/10

gog
10-15-2008, 06:13 AM
just got an early copy - also - its not too bad - glad i dont have to pay for it - games for free seem to always play that much better - but so far - its far superior then the first - in all ways - multi player seems pretty solid - the single player seems a solid play - for a pretty long play through - atleast once - with the extras offered seems - at this point worth it