PDA

View Full Version : My Falcon Chip 360 may be dying Help ?

Frazerc83
09-01-2008, 12:20 PM
Ok so just recently on saturday i played GTA4 for the first time about 10 mins in i got my very first Graphics card failure but it's strange becuz opening the guide then closing it fixes the problem same happened in Halo 3 today But i opened and close the guide and its great again.

The Failure normally puts a pixelated look to things and they look fuzzy, also sometimes i get a green overlay on the screen weird ey ?

Do you think it might be dying ?? :'(

Lightningz
09-01-2008, 12:25 PM
I got this on Saturday, when I went back to switch my 360 on I got an E74 error.

Frazerc83
09-01-2008, 12:30 PM
well this has been the first problem ive ever had yet so im changing back to horizontal and leaving it unplugged tonight

JC
09-01-2008, 02:26 PM
There is certainly something wrong with your Xbox 360. I would call up MS and explain the symptoms as you may need to get it repaired. :)

Skillet
09-01-2008, 02:31 PM
I got this on Saturday, when I went back to switch my 360 on I got an E74 error.

E74 is... not good.

That's how my old Xbox died. It did that a few times. Taking the console through a power cycle fixed the problem temporarily. Then it just started giving me an E74 error every time I started the thing.

I think it's a graphics chip failure. So yeah... it's going out.

As for the OP's problem. I'd guess the same thing. Like I said though, I'd guess... don't quote me or anything.

Jdm
09-02-2008, 10:27 AM
E74 - A/V Cable - Check plugged in - try another one. There is a 90% chance it's a scaler chip problem (the "ANA" or "HANA" chip connected directly to the AV cable) in rare cases it is the GPU.

-------------

From what you tell us, it sure sounds like a GPU problem. What will end up happening is, you'll still hear sounds, but all visuals will be out.

Frazerc83
09-02-2008, 11:43 AM
I found out what it was apparently my cache had went corrupt so i cleaned it and it works :P dunno why ? weird.............

Jdm
09-02-2008, 03:43 PM
I found out what it was apparently my cache had went corrupt so i cleaned it and it works :P dunno why ? weird.............

Wow. I truly have not heard of that happening before.