PDA

View Full Version : Please No Battle, Battle, No Battle

Wreckon Dracgon
09-05-2006, 02:52 PM
When I read the review for this game and it said that there were way too many battles I thought to myself "in an RPG who has ever complained about too many battles".

In RPG's you usually hear countless complaints about the huge amounts of time you spend wandering around without any battles. So after reading the review I was excited about the thought of having a ton of battles, I thought to myself "this is going to be great, lots of battles meaning lots of chances to upgrade".

How wrong was I, there are way too many damn battles. I'm in a battle every 5-10 seconds. I can't move 10 steps without a fight. Before I continue let me say I LOVE THIS GAME and yes you can auto fight the battles and win quickly only costing you about a 1 minute of lost time per battle. But when I have to run from point A to point B it takes too much time to fight the 12 battles in between. But as I've said I love the game and refuse to just escape the battles. It's way too much fun whipping up on those Golems and trying to end the round in one turn.

I just wanted to know if am I the only one who while running says to themselves "Please No Battle, Battle, No Battle"

I was so happy to reach the Resistance Hideout, I pray that there are other battle free zones in the game.

BlazeDragon132
09-05-2006, 05:05 PM
I am with you, there is way too many places to drain your VP. I ended up using up to 9 characters at one time because of just VP problems. They should have added more VP regeneration things or less battles...

Wreckon Dracgon
09-05-2006, 05:20 PM
Another problem I have with the constant battles is the fact that they drain your VP as you said. That along with the fact that boss fights pop up without warning (damn Minotaur) and then there are no escapes in boss fights.

When I first fought that damn Minotaur I was down to half health, and all of my party members were beaten and battered (damn Water Temple Turtle). Luckily I finally got a turn where Atsuma was too far away to get hit, which enabled me to power up, and the Minotaur ended his turn on the first slot right next to me. Ohh did I punch his ass to hell. That taught me to save often because my last save was far back at Yokohama City.

Four hours until I'm home and resuming my Golem Hunting...

WARNING DO NOT READ MY NEXT POST IT HAS A SPOILER

L3giOn
09-05-2006, 06:25 PM
I am with you, there is way too many places to drain your VP. I ended up using up to 9 characters at one time because of just VP problems. They should have added more VP regeneration things or less battles...

Yeah that is my major complaint about the game.

Wreckon, if you ever have any questions about the game let me know teammate. ;) I'm 75% done right now, so I'll finish it soon.

Wreckon Dracgon
09-05-2006, 06:48 PM
DAMN IT I SAID DON'T READ THIS POST IT HAS A SPOLIER CONTINUE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

How many hours have you been playing. Also how far are you story wise. I'm at the point where Karin's father was just killed. What I'm asking is roughly how far hour wise would you guess you are ahead of me. This game is taking over my life and I'd like to know it'll end soon.

Also have you found the Golem with the big ass spiked club.

I'll be home around 4:30p EST. I need to do some Battlefield stuff but will be Golem hunting all night I may send you a chat request if I still have a working mic. This game has turned me into a neglectful father.

L3giOn
09-05-2006, 07:18 PM
How many hours have you been playing. Also how far are you story wise. I'm at the point where Karin's father was just killed. What I'm asking is roughly how far hour wise would you guess you are ahead of me. This game is taking over my life and I'd like to know it'll end soon.

Also have you found the Golem with the big ass spiked club.

I'll be home around 4:30p EST. I need to do some Battlefield stuff but will be Golem hunting all night I may send you a chat request if I still have a working mic. This game has turned me into a neglectful father.

Haha how bout you just send me a chat request when you get on and we'll talk all about it. :woop:

Gprime
09-05-2006, 09:03 PM
Just use the xp glitch and boost ur chrs insanely and ull be ok

Fire Mage
09-06-2006, 01:16 AM
Dude what the hell?

Why'd you just spoil that? I haven't got the game yet but I plan to. Now something is spoiled.

Warn someone next time.

Wreckon Dracgon
09-06-2006, 10:32 AM
What exactly did I spoil?

Krazie
09-06-2006, 12:21 PM
What exactly did I spoil?

Do you really need to ask?

Wreckon Dracgon
09-06-2006, 12:28 PM
I apologize in advance but I have to do it...

Do you really need to ask?

Krazie, I would defer you to Legion's signature for my answer to your question.

All I said is there are a ton of battles. How is that a spoiler?

Sarge McLarge
09-06-2006, 03:22 PM
All I said is there are a ton of battles. How is that a spoiler?

I believe they are refering to your post where you mention Karins father.

Wreckon Dracgon
09-06-2006, 03:59 PM
I'm a dirty son of a bitch.... I did say that didn't I.

:uzi::uzi::AR15:boomLet me have it I deserve it.

I apologize to all... I've placed a warning on my posts above.
Ohh the shame I feel.