PDA

View Full Version : Payment Options... WTF!?

Skillet
09-01-2008, 02:28 PM
Okay, hey. What's up?

Introductions aside... I want to delete a credit card from my payment options. I have two of them on my 360 and billing page on Microsoft/Xbox.com and would like to delete the one that belongs to my sister so I don't get blamed for any "mysterious charges".

Anywho, unlike most smart companies, MS doesn't seem to have a way to actually delete a card account entirely from my Live account. It's weird... Every other option seems to be right there at my fingertips except taking away a method for them to get their paws on some extra Washingtons.

So... if you know how to REMOVE a credit card from an Xbox Live account entirely... please tell me. I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Bishop24
09-01-2008, 02:33 PM
You would have to call up MS and ask them to remove the Credit Card off of your account. That's how I got mine removed.

EvilestBean
09-01-2008, 02:35 PM
Yeah you have to to ring MS, i wish they had an option to remove it, it would make it so much easier, but MS dont know the meaning of easier lol.

Skillet
09-01-2008, 02:41 PM
Ugh... I hate MS.

Thanks anyway.

Kolin32k
09-01-2008, 02:45 PM
Well I borrowed my dad's card to get some points but I believe you can wipe the Security code off the details and it should be safe as it were

Pez
09-01-2008, 04:32 PM
That's odd. A couple of months ago, me and the mother rang Microsoft to remove her cards from my account.

Just realised as I went to buy points with my own card just recently that they're still there. FAIL.

darkskyofclouds
09-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Yes you have to Call MS that what i had to do when my new card games it would be nice to do it through you xbox 360 or xbox.com but hey it's MS we are talking about

CyanideBreathMint
09-02-2008, 03:48 AM
Same EXACT shit's happening to me only MS blocked my access to either purchase MS points from my console or enter in pre-paid points into my console based on the fact my billing information didn't match exactly the CCs on my account.

I have my own CC and my wifes on my account. Tried to wipe off my wifes card as that was the 'culprit' and was told I had to do it directly online at billing.microsoft.com. Only bullshit with that was it was ALWAYS temporarily down due to high traffic volumes. :rolleyes:

This has been going on for almost two months straight. If you've never heard of a company refusing to take your money...you have now. After getting stern with a MS Support chick about not being to manually remove my wifes CC from my billing info., she did it for me.

Now that every matches EXACTLY on my billing and cc ends, it's STILL blocked from me purchasing points (even though I received and MS logged the call where someone said my account was good to go now). Called (again) early last week and was told (politely) that my problem has been escalated (for the 7th time) and that it can take up to two weeks to have someone from the account resolution department call me back.

Good times. Good times, indeed. Y'see, it's never as bad as you think. There's always someone else getting fucked over worse than you. Lucky me.

vI Starlight Iv
09-02-2008, 07:19 AM
money,money,money microsoft loves money, its bill gates world they keep it on file for research reasons *cough*

Wargasm
09-02-2008, 07:20 AM
yeah u have to give them a call and then they should tell you what to do, but that is stupid becuz i always get tempted to buy shit with my moms credit card even though i have my own and she always gets mad at me hahaha

vI Starlight Iv
09-02-2008, 12:47 PM
yeah u have to give them a call and then they should tell you what to do, but that is stupid becuz i always get tempted to buy shit with my moms credit card even though i have my own and she always gets mad at me hahaha

so u basically steal from your mum nice

gamerguy69
09-02-2008, 05:42 PM
I have two cards "on file" on my system. Are you wanting to remove them from being auto-billed for your LIVE service? I entered a pre-paid 1 month card and that seemed to take the card off of auto-renewal. I still see it listed but there have been no issues with any mysterious charges so far. My account goes GOLD to SILVER every once in awhile and I have a stack of 48-hour codes that I've been using too.

I have not had to call MS and I could probably use those cards "on file" to buy MS points thru the dashboard if I chose to. I can find better deals for MS points elsewhere.

dakisbac
09-03-2008, 01:30 AM
You have to phone them. Don't get your hopes up, mine's been in the process since May

Lord of Fate
09-03-2008, 05:43 AM
Same EXACT shit's happening to me only MS blocked my access to either purchase MS points from my console or enter in pre-paid points into my console based on the fact my billing information didn't match exactly the CCs on my account.

I have my own CC and my wifes on my account. Tried to wipe off my wifes card as that was the 'culprit' and was told I had to do it directly online at billing.microsoft.com. Only bullshit with that was it was ALWAYS temporarily down due to high traffic volumes. :rolleyes:

This has been going on for almost two months straight. If you've never heard of a company refusing to take your money...you have now. After getting stern with a MS Support chick about not being to manually remove my wifes CC from my billing info., she did it for me.

Now that every matches EXACTLY on my billing and cc ends, it's STILL blocked from me purchasing points (even though I received and MS logged the call where someone said my account was good to go now). Called (again) early last week and was told (politely) that my problem has been escalated (for the 7th time) and that it can take up to two weeks to have someone from the account resolution department call me back.

Good times. Good times, indeed. Y'see, it's never as bad as you think. There's always someone else getting fucked over worse than you. Lucky me.
Yeah same thing happened to me dude. I recently put a new credit card on my account, thus having 2 on there and my account got "locked." I'm assuming having two credit cards on there at once had something to do with it. I guess I was lucky though because I got my account unlocked in 1 day. I've read a bunch of stories online of how people's accounts got "locked" and they couldn't buy things from the XBLM. Couldn't put Gold on, couldn't put points on or anything. I've read that MicroSoft thinks you could have something to do with fraud or something so they lock your account until they verify all your personal information and crap, which well... takes forever. I'm so glad I got that crap delt with in 1 day though, well after being on the phone all day with them.

I'll call 'em up sometime if I feel like it and get my old credit card removed. Dunno if I wanna talk to those retards anymore though. Like every single person you talk to is friggin' foreign. Some Arabic chick or an Asian guy. No offense to foreign people, just these foreign people. They can't speak English that's all. I got plenty of foreign friends and I can understand them just fine. But MicroSoft phone operators SUCKS AT THE TALK.