PDA

View Full Version : Patch Soon (May Contain False Hope!)

SpookSh0w
09-01-2008, 05:55 PM
After so much anticipation, it was a rotten start for the brilliant Castle Crashers, riddled as it still is with online connectivity issues and corrupted save data. One of those issues, the online co-op, has been fully acknowledged by The Behemoth, who are working with Microsoft to release a patch for the game soon.

"When we went through testing, Microsoft approved all our network code and we had no problems at all. There are those things in real-world scenarios that we couldn't account for," claimed art director Dan Paladin. Lead programmer Tom Fulp stated that "nothing came up" for them when playing the game for six-hour stints.

"Yeah, there are certain network settings where, if you're in a very specific network environment, it won't work with another person's connection and that's what's happening," explained Paladin. "But that's something we're already addressing by working with Microsoft to get a patch out as fast as possible."

From: http://www.destructoid.com/castle-crashers-getting-patched-up-soon-want-it-naow--101905.phtml

Ed Boon
09-01-2008, 06:25 PM
good to know they are addressing it at least, thanks for the update

Iron Guitarist
09-01-2008, 09:25 PM
I dont expect a patch for at least 2-3 weeks.

VinasErgoth
09-01-2008, 10:59 PM
It's strange though. I am able to start a game from scratch (watch the Knight bounce down the stairs with an arrow in his back) with a friend over live, but the second we leave the area, it disconnects.

chris113113
09-01-2008, 11:41 PM
Try switching who hosts the match. That happened whenever my friend would host it, but we could get through a good 4 or 5 maps whenever I hosted.

pavementpoop
09-02-2008, 01:14 AM
i hope they do sort something out, its a good game and a shame this is happening, because atm i cant ,havent played online yet without crashing or lagging out :( within 30 seconds

Biotic Shinobi
09-02-2008, 07:24 AM
I hope it comes out soon. And i hope by then i get the full game. lol

Edable Giraffe
09-03-2008, 01:25 PM
this must be a very common problem with a certain type of connection, which i am lucky enough not to have. I was playing for a while last night with a friend over live and not once did we have a single problem

it is good that they have realised the problem and are working on fixing it, hopefully that will mean more people online

Gun-Nut
09-03-2008, 01:48 PM
I've yet to have any problems when playing with my friends over the missions but once I try get into some Ranked Arena it never ends well :(

SpookSh0w
09-04-2008, 01:18 PM
I've managed to play with one friend over Xbox LIVE and we share the same ISP, maybe that helps? I have not been able to find an arena match to save my life though

Tiberian
09-04-2008, 07:32 PM
The patch can't come soon enough.... Me and 3 friends have been trying to play castle crashers together all night. We all start the game, start playing for about 20-30 minutes and suddenly the game will get "cancelled" or someone will suddenly leave the game randomly (disconnected).

The connection quality when a lot of enemies are on screen can also be pretty bad too, something that is never present in single player or local games.

Why the hell they didn't beta test this before releasing is beyond me because this is otherwise a fantastic game. Internal tests are obviously never going to produce the same results as a global environment. A game built around co-op that you can't actually play co-op is pretty disappointing especially since i;ve been raving to all my friends how great it is.

Heres hoping the patch solves all issues but i'm kind of worried it won't.